My first ork 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first ork 2000pts

this is my first 2000 point ork army list i have made. its a foot-slogger army, one that can lay down lots of fire before getting into combat. please give some feedback. i play to use the stormboyz to attack flanks and tanks. all the rockets are for tanks or heavy models. i am going 2 advance with my shooting squads in front so the sluggas and HQ can get into combat with full strength. i play to position the kannons on flanks or a hill to be anti-tank or anti-infantry. thanks alot

HQ
    Warboss: ‘Uge choppa, rokkit launchas, Iron gob, Bionik bonce, Cybork body, ‘Eavy armour, 3 ammo runts. Bodyguard: 5 Nobs: 3 have choppas, rokkit launchas. 2 have Power claws, big shootas. Mad Dok with ‘Urty syringe, big shoota, Doks tools, and 3 Grot orderlies
    Total: 374

Elite
    17 Stormboyz: Krak stikkbombz, Boss Zagsturk, Nob with rokkit launcha, and power claw
    20 Flash Gitz: More Dakka(15 orks), 1 big shootas, 3 rokkit launchas, Nob with big shoota
    Total: 672

Troops
    30 Slugga Boyz: 3 rokkit launchas, Nob with rokkit launcha
    30 Slugga Boyz: 3 rokkit launchas, Nob with power claw, big shoota
    20 Shoota Boyz: 2 rokkit launchas, big shoota, Nob with rokkit launcha
    Total: 838

Heavy
    3 Big Gunz: 3 kannons, 3 more grots, Slaver with Squighound, and rokkit launcha
    Total: 121

Army Total: 2005

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blacktemplar123
    this is my first 2000 point ork army list i have made. its a foot-slogger army, one that can lay down lots of fire before getting into combat. please give some feedback. i play to use the stormboyz to attack flanks and tanks. all the rockets are for tanks or heavy models. i am going 2 advance with my shooting squads in front so the sluggas and HQ can get into combat with full strength. i play to position the kannons on flanks or a hill to be anti-tank or anti-infantry. thanks alot

I'm going to take a look at each unit, one by one and then make suggestions on your list as a whole at the bottom.

HQ
    Warboss: ‘Uge choppa, rokkit launchas, Iron gob, Bionik bonce, Cybork body, ‘Eavy armour, 3 ammo runts. Bodyguard: 5 Nobs: 3 have choppas, rokkit launchas. 2 have Power claws, big shootas. Mad Dok with ‘Urty syringe, big shoota, Doks tools, and 3 Grot orderlies

Thats quite a hefty squad you have there. Even in large games, I look down upon hugely expensive point sinks, but it is excuseable at 2000 points perhaps. Lets take a look at the warboss first... uge choppa? Thats a no no. Uge choppas are a terrible medium between a power claw and a choppa, especially for your warboss. I would definitely give him a power claw to take advantage of his tremendous strength and prowess in combat. If you are going to use a rokkit launcha (sigh) I would give him a bionik arm to grant him his full attacks in combat, however I would suggest just dropping the guns in this squad to save points that could be used elsewhere. The nobs, I would once again get rid of their ranged weapons, and keep them cheap and solely effective in combat. Mad Doks are basically useless, as any smart warboss will keep his squad out of ranged weapons ways, and try to get him into combat quickly, and unfortunately the mad dok can only heal units that die from gunfire. Drop him.
    Total: 374

Elite
    17 Stormboyz: Krak stikkbombz, Boss Zagsturk, Nob with rokkit launcha, and power claw
    20 Flash Gitz: More Dakka(15 orks), 1 big shootas, 3 rokkit launchas, Nob with big shoota

The stormboy unit is okay, except I would drop the krak stickkbombs and the rokkit launcha, just give him a slugga. As for the flash gits, I would make the squad about 10, and give them all the same special weapons, because when you mix and match, you end up not being able to do anything with 100% efficiency. I would go 10 flash gits, giving 4 of them rokkits, and give the nob a rokkit and 3 ammo runts so the shots can be rerolled.

Total: 672

Troops
    30 Slugga Boyz: 3 rokkit launchas, Nob with rokkit launcha
    30 Slugga Boyz: 3 rokkit launchas, Nob with power claw, big shoota
    20 Shoota Boyz: 2 rokkit launchas, big shoota, Nob with rokkit launcha

Drop the shoota boy squad, it has no purpose. Get rid of the rokkit launcha on your first nob, and gear him for combat. Also, get rid of the big shoota on your second slugga boy mob. I would lower the unit size to 20 or so, because 30 is way too large and unyieldy, and you also need grots to shield your fragile ork boys from incoming gunfire.

Total: 838

Heavy
    3 Big Gunz: 3 kannons, 3 more grots, Slaver with Squighound, and rokkit launcha
    Total: 121

My personal preference is zzap guns, but kannons are okay I guess. I am not 100% sure about this, but you might be able to use ammo runts to get some rerolled hits for the kannons, hopefully someone else can second this. Also, I would throw in a mekboy with a kff, tools and 3 oilers, as you can actually repair destroyed big guns with the mek.

Army Total: 2005
    I would use some of my suggestions above to perhaps remold your army a little bit, and try to keep it 2000 or lower, because some people don't respond well to going over a point cap.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Warboss: Power Claw, slugga, Iron gob, Bionik bonce, Bionik arm, Cybork body, ‘Eavy armour. Bodyguard: 5 Nobs: 3 have choppas, sluggas. 2 have Power claws, sluggas
    Total: 291

Elite
    17 Stormboyz: Boss Zagsturk, Nob slugga, and power claw
    20 Flash Gitz: More Dakka(15 orks), 4 rokkit launchas, Nob with rokkit launcha, 3 ammo runts
    Total: 593

Troops
    30 Slugga Boyz: 3 rokkit launchas, Nob with power claw
    20 Slugga Boyz: 3 rokkit launchas, Nob with power claw
    20 Gretchin: Slaver with Grabba stik , Squighound
    Total: 613

Heavy
    3 Big Gunz: 3 Zzaps, 3 more grots, Slaver with Squighound, rokkit launcha, 3 ammo runts. Mek with Kustom mega-blasta, Mekboy’z tools, 3 grot oilers, 3 ammo runts
    Basilisk: indirect fire
    Total: 314

Army Total: 1811

since i dont have alot of long range, shouldnt i keep the gitz at 20? what should i do with the extra points? get more stormboyz? also i changed the kannons to zzap guns and added a mekboy. i would like the mega-blasta but should i change it to force field? i also added a Basilisk. should i split the 30 slugga mob into 2 squad and add some more boyz?
    Last edited by blacktemplar123; June 27th, 2006 at 03:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

I would consider giving your nob squad a trukk and send them out with the stormboyz. That way something's bound to make it to combat and tear stuff up. Next, I would ditch the grabba stikk as in the current rules that weapon is all but useless and instead try to get a rokkit on him. Dont put a KFF on the gunz mek as you will probably be able to throw this unit in cover anyways, so it'll be a waste of 20 points, and you wont get to use the mega blasta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't recommend the kustom jobs on the flash gits. It is points wasted on the orks that have the big shootas. Other than that it looks a lot nicer.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double Post : /

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More Dakka on the flash gits is a good idea as it become assault 2 at 24". Its no use takin Flash Gits if you are not going to upgrade them

I would definatly suggest a Trukk for your HQ. As you will find that the spped of the trukks are great except for the light armour.

I field 2 trukks in fast attack. But there again I play a Freebooters army.
    Year 2007
    Ork Freebooters - 7/0/0
    Chaos Violators - 1/0/1
    Tyrannids - 0/0/0

Year 2006
    Ork Freebooters - 29/2/0
    Chaos Violators - 1/0/0
    Tyrannids - 4/0/0

WHFB
    Year 2007
    Dark Elves - 0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordinkain
    More Dakka on the flash gits is a good idea as it become assault 2 at 24". Its no use takin Flash Gits if you are not going to upgrade them

I would definatly suggest a Trukk for your HQ. As you will find that the spped of the trukks are great except for the light armour.

I field 2 trukks in fast attack. But there again I play a Freebooters army.
    I disagree. I believe its no use taking flash gits if you aren't going to give them 'eavy weapons. They can take up to 5 big shootas/rokkits, which is more than other ork squads, and have a lower squad minimum so you can effectively make ork devestator squads (less accurate, but cheaper and mobile). Point for points, big shootas are a lot more effective then more dakka on the flash gits.

Thats just my opinion, and you may disagree, but I believe it is better to use the gits as 'eavy weapons spammers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you only pay for upgrades on the boyz just using shootas. For the boyz with big shootas they wouldn't have to pay for the weapon upgrade as they have no shoota. Therefore, why not combine heavy weapons with upgrades in the same squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be a good point. I have seen players using Flash gits with more dakka and it is well worth it. Try and rely on the laws of attrition
    Year 2007
    Ork Freebooters - 7/0/0
    Chaos Violators - 1/0/1
    Tyrannids - 0/0/0

Year 2006
    Ork Freebooters - 29/2/0
    Chaos Violators - 1/0/0
    Tyrannids - 4/0/0

WHFB
    Year 2007
    Dark Elves - 0/0/0

+ Reply to Thread