[1000-1500] Point CC DE Options? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000-1500] Point CC DE Options?

Hello. I've recently become interested in dusting off the 'ol DE codex and trying to form an army...thing is, I have no idea how to make it effective with the units I currently have. I am willing to buy some later on, but for now I was thinking of making an army list with what I've collected:

HQ

Drachon with his nasty usuals.
    8 Incubi
    Drazhar (No idea if he's worth it, nice model though...)
    Raider

Troops

15 Warriors, 2x SC

15 Warriors, 2x SC

Keeping in mind the focus on CC, I have many slots empty that I want to fill with Wyches in Raiders, Sniper squads, and some heavy (Talos or Ravager, I suppose).

My questions for you dudes and dudettes are: Will I NEED Fast Attack with the addition of a couple raiders? Is my retinue wayyyy too heavy? Best choice for Heavy Support?

Thanky.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 incubi will almost always be overkill, especially in a 1000pt game. lower that squad to 3-4 and maybe add some warriors with cannons. as for the drazhar, you said it best "...nice model though." hes not worth it but i love the way he looks. you may want to add sybrites to your warrior squads and maybe some blasters too. i would consider gettiing some raiders though. raider squads are so choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. Thanks for the help.
    Figured I'd post a more organized list to follow up, see if I'm headed in the right direction:

HQ

Dracon; Shadow Field, Drugs, Agoniser, Pistol.
    ~Retinue;
    4 Incubi (cc style)
    2 Warriors w/ Splinter Cannons
    (Raider?, Grenades?)

TROOPS

Raider Squad: 2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons
    ~Sybarite w/Agoniser, Drugs
    *Horrorfex

Raider Squad: 2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons
    *Horrorfex

Warrior Squad: 2 w/Dark Lance

ELITES

9 Wyches w/Wych weapons
    Mounted in a Raider
    *Horrorfex

HEAVY

Talos
    (To soak up fire or for some WWP action)

I'm at work atm and don't have my Codex handy, hense the absence of individual and total points cost...hope I am around the desired amount. Will I necessarily need Fast Attack with this Raider/possible WWP action? if so, I suppose I could suck it up and add a squad of Jetbikes or something. (besides the fact that I don't like the models...and have no idea how to use 'em!)

I know DE stategy is very personal and dramatically diverse, I'm just looking for a medium sized "socially usable" combonation to play with friends. Model design and asthetics are very important to me; all my Incubi are special ordered from Vect's bitz because I like the cloaks, not exactly smart to have 8...I know that now...Thanky.

Hopefully this is a more effective combonation.
    Rip it apart, I'd love to hear the do's and don'ts.

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread