Hive Fleet Enjambre (2000 Pts even) frendly/possible tourney. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hive Fleet Enjambre (2000 Pts even) frendly/possible tourney.

any help w/ this list will be appreciated.

Hive Fleet Enjambre 2000 pt list.

HQ:

Hive Tyrant w/ Tyrant Guard=249
    Hive Tyrant, w/ TS, ES, VC, TL Dev, and Catalyst
    2 Tyrant Guard

Broodlord w/ Retinue=195
    Broodlord, w/ EC, Feeder Tendrills
    7 Genestealers

Elites:

Carnifex=113
    ES, TL Dev, and TL Dev

Carnifex=113
    ES, TL Dev, and TL Dev

2 Lictors=160

Troops:

Ripper Swarm=42 x 5=210
    3 Ripper Bases, all w/ leaping

Ripper Swarm=56
    4 Ripper Bases, all w/ leaping

Fast Attack:

Gargoyle Brood=144
    12 Gargoyles

Warrior Brood=108
    3 Warriors, all w/ winged, ST, TL Spinefists, and ES

Ravener Brood=184
    4 Raverers, all w/ ST & RC, and Deathspitter

Heavy Support:

Carnifex=163
    VC, BS, Reinforced Chitin

Zoanthrope Brood=195
    3 Zoanthropes, all w/ Synapse, and Warp Blast

Biovore Brood=110
    2 Biovores, all w/ Bio Acid Spore Mines

Thanks.

They come, they eat, they leave...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Your HT is ok though not sure if you really need catalyst on him as IMO if your filling points up pyshic scream would be much better for him anyways and not a lot of your list needs catalyst much. Now your broodlord probally should drop EC and feeder tedrils as they don't server him all that well IMO. So instead give him TS as wounding on 2+ is much better then having a 3+ save that is ignored by power weapons (which he probally will be facing a lot of) also your ret should ALWAYS have EC as that is very important since they don't get FoC. Also you may want the ret reduced down to 6 since 7 may be a little big.

Your elite section looks pretty good to me and needs no changes IMO.

Ah tons of rippers you gotta love the little buggers though you have to watch out since they can't capture or count as scoring units. Also you should consider giving em spinefists as 3 shots per base before they charge can be very nice indeed and quite effective at only 2 points more per base (1pt for the spinefists and 1pt for ES). Maybe even consider (after my points purgings are done) giving them TS as they will be the meanest rippers imaginable espically with spinefist as well. They get 3 shots that wound marines on 4+ then on the charge get 4 more so that will make any SM player cry with the amount of armor saves they will have to make. Though the only backdraw is it's 20pts per base and those bases can die fairly easily and that is all they really can shoot at plus blasts will eat these guys alive.

The gargoyles are ok since they more then likely will be going with the warriors for numbers. The warriors IMO MUST have rending claws otherwise they will have to much trouble killing SM so drop the spinefist and ES and go for rending you NEED them. Also you should probally give em AG(I) so they attack first and maybe get AG(WS) so you can get in some more hits and keep em protected against WS 2 troops since they will only hit you on 5+ which is very important (since you only have a 5+ save they probally could get hurt by em). I personally don't like having such big squads of raveners as they are prime targets that can die in droves very easily (5+ saves won't protect you from much) so IMO take em down to two or three. Also I never really liked giving raveners ranged weapons as IMO they aren't worth it since it is a much better idea to FoC (also DO NOT deepstrike these guys as it is a horrible idea for such a fast unit so keep em on the board as they will almost always get a turn 2 assault).

Your carnifex is good though with the pointers I have made I recomend getting EC as it will increase his survivabilty by a ton. The zoanthropes are pretty good and don't need any changes at all. Also IMO drop the bivores as they probally won't do much and IMO are better spent elsewhere.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ:

Hive Tyrant, w/ TS, ES, VC, TL Dev, and Catalyst
    2 Tyrant Guard

Broodlord w/ Retinue=195
    Broodlord, w/ EC, Feeder Tendrills
    7 Genestealers
    Drop the Catalyst you don't really need it. And at the BL you should drop EC and FT and get EC for the retinue as Lictor said.

Elites:

Carnifex=113
    ES, TL Dev, and TL Dev

Carnifex=113
    ES, TL Dev, and TL Dev

2 Lictors=160
    Like 'em as they are (espacially when you play omega missions... those 2 re-rolls are gold)

Troops:

Ripper Swarm=42 x 5=210

Ripper Swarm=56
    4 Ripper Bases, all w/ leaping
    There was a post about Rippers that had Leaping , TS, ES and Spinefist , conclusion , they were very good, though vulnerable to blasts

Fast Attack:

Gargoyle Brood=144
    12 Gargoyles

Warrior Brood=108
    3 Warriors, all w/ winged, ST, TL Spinefists, and ES

Ravener Brood=184
    4 Raverers, all w/ ST & RC, and Deathspitter
    Never used gargs, so i'm not gonna say anything about them. But about the Warriors drop the Spinefist and ES and make them CC (Toxin Sacs, Adrenal (I+WS), RC+ST) they are much better! (And Lictor, he isn't going to be hit at 5+...but he will hit at 3+ and not 4+) Drop the deathspitters from the ravs. you should fleet, not fire get them in CC as fast as possible!!!

Heavy Support:

Carnifex=163
    VC, BS, Reinforced Chitin

Zoanthrope Brood=195

Biovore Brood=110
    Get for the Carnifex ES (or did you do a typo?) and Extended Carapace
    The zoans are good. But I prefere instead of synapse Psyhic Scream, and give PS to the HT too .. it would be awsome to say to the enemy.... you are outnumbered 4:1 and you are below half str... and I have 4 PS in 18" :yes: :w00t:
    Drop the Biovores , they are useless IMHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

(And Lictor, he isn't going to be hit at 5+...but he will hit at 3+ and not 4+)

What I meant by that is if their are any WS 2 oppenets will hit you on 5+ look at your WS chart it is in their. Unless you are looking at the wrong thing if you have WS 2 and your attaccking a WS 5 or higher you will hit them on 5+.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't noticed that you said WS 2 , I only saw that he's going to be hit on 5+

anyway .. who has ws2?
    Last edited by holo; July 2nd, 2006 at 22:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Not too many models do though the necrons do have two models that come to mind and they are scarabs (very annoying and lots of attacks) and tomb spyders (cheap MCs so you don't want them hitting). There are probally a few more though they don't come to mind at the moment.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the feed back (Holo: ya the Fex does have ES sorry) there may be some changes to the list. Thanks again for the feed back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here is an updated list:

Hive Fleet Enjambre 2000 pt list.

HQ:

Hive Tyrant w/ TS, ES, VC, TL Dev, and Catalyst
    2 Tyrant Guard

Broodlord w/ Retinue=203
    Broodlord w/ EC, Feeder Tendrills
    6 Genestealers, all w/ EC

Elites:

Carnifex=113
    ES, TL Dev, and TL Dev

Carnifex=113
    ES, TL Dev, and TL Dev

2 Lictors=160

Troops:

Ripper Swarm x 6=252

Fast Attack:

Gargoyle Brood=144
    12 Gargoyles

Warrior Brood=114
    3 Warriors, all winged, ST, TL Spinefists, ES, and Adrenal Glands(WS)

Ravener Brood=184
    4 Raverers, all w/ ST & RC, and Deathspitters

Heavy Support:

Carnifex=163
    VC, BS, Reinforced Chitin, ES

Zoanthrope Brood=195

Biovore Brood=110

Suggestions will be helpfull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

I still would prefer TS on the broodlord to EC but that is your decision. Your elites look pretty good. Troops are nice as well (good that they have leaping now). I still think you need rending claws on the warriors though if you just want them for cheap synapse I guess you can keep them. You need to be very carefull with that ravener brood as they can get shot up pretty fast so you should probally hide them behind your dakka fexes for a turn or two then charge the closest enemy also probally keep some synapse nearby (warriors probally the best for this or have them nearby the broodlord as well when he infiltrates). Good gunfex and nice amount of zoanthropes and for you bivore keep him behind cover as usuall and let him give covering fire (though I'm not a fan of these guys so I can't give much info on em).

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by arcanecantrips
    Hive Tyrant w/ TS, ES, VC, TL Dev, and Catalyst
    2 Tyrant Guard
    Pretty good unit. Don't know how much one Catalyst is going to help you, though.. You might want to consider dropping it in favor of Psychic Scream.

Broodlord w/ Retinue=203
    Broodlord w/ EC, Feeder Tendrills
    6 Genestealers, all w/ EC
    Consider giving the broodlord Flesh Hooks (only the BL, not the retinue). It's the only one I'd give it to. You should also consider giving Toxin Sacs, possibly in place of feeder tendrils. It's hard to get a model within 2" of him from another squad when his retinue is all around. And wounding T4 on 2's with inhuman strength is nice.

Elites:

Carnifex=113
    ES, TL Dev, and TL Dev

Carnifex=113
    ES, TL Dev, and TL Dev
    Good units, I use two just like them in my list.

2 Lictors=160
    I have a love/hate relationship with lictors. In escalation missions, they're great. Also very nice for basilisks / whirlwinds. Otherwise they are very hit or miss. I had a lictor assault a crisis suit squad that had only 2 left. Lost combat and died due to outnumbered 2-to-1.

Troops:

Ripper Swarm x 6=252
    Not a fan of rippers, but they can do well in large numbers. Just watch out for S6 weapons, especially S6 blast weapons... they will drop squads at a time.

Fast Attack:

Gargoyle Brood=144
    12 Gargoyles
    Never used these guys, they seem kind of expensive for what they do, though. But if they work for you, go for it.

Warrior Brood=114
    3 Warriors, all winged, ST, TL Spinefists, ES, and Adrenal Glands(WS)
    What's the purpose of this unit? It doesn't seem like it has any real specialty. No rending claws for close combat effectiveness, and spinefists can't shoot well enough. Plus you don't want shooty 5+ save warriors who will get dropped by return fire. Give these guys rending claws instead of spinefists, and consider making them AG-I to go before marines.

Ravener Brood=184
    4 Raverers, all w/ ST & RC, and Deathspitters
    Deathspitters are kind of pointless on these. You want them in combat, not shooting... as if they are shooting, they aren't fleeting and they will get shot back. Not good. Also, I don't have my codex in front of me, but I thought the most you could take in a squad was 3?

Heavy Support:

Carnifex=163
    VC, BS, Reinforced Chitin, ES
    Good anti-tank.

Zoanthrope Brood=195
    You really don't have much need for synapse with all your troops as rippers. Consider replacing synapse with psychic scream (5 points cheaper each), and run them with the walking tyrant. It's a possible -4 ld void for your enemy that is quite intimidating.

Biovore Brood=110
    Like the gargoyles, I haven't used these before, but I'm not impressed with what I see on paper. If they work for you, though, go for it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast