Death Skullz [1500] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Skullz [1500]

So the tournement at work hasn't really worked out to well....too many players unable to attend matched, general loss of interest, etc. So we decided to switch to a Ladder setup instead. Problem is we are no longer required to run the same army anymore. So while this is lots of fun since it allows player s to experiment with different army ideas, it has also proven to be a bit "cheesy" since players can custom build armies to take advantage of each racial matchup, as well as taking advantage of a known army list. Basically, if you run the same army a few times, everyone knows it and builds a "counter-army". So it's time for me to mix it up.

HQ [107]
    [107]Warboss ~ Mega Armor, Mega Booster, Lucky Tatoo, Shootier

Elites [250]
    [250]Da Vulcha Skwad ~ Zagstrukk, 13 Vulchas

Troops [200]
    [100]Lootas ~ 10 Shootas
    [100]Lootas ~ 10 Shootas

Fast Attack [492]
    [167]Trukkboyz ~ 8 Sluggas/Choppas, 1 Burna, 1 Nob with Power Claw/Choppa, Trukk ~ Rokkit Launcha
    [167]Trukkboyz ~ 8 Sluggas/Choppas, 1 Burna, 1 Nob with Power Claw/Choppa, Trukk ~ Rokkit Launcha
    [158]Trukkboyz ~ 7 Sluggas/Choppas, 1 Burna, 1 Nob with Power Claw/Choppa, Trukk ~ Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support [451]
    [127]Basilisk ~ Earthshaker Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Indirect Fire, Riggers
    [157]Leman Russ Battle Tank ~ Battlecannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter (sponson), Riggers
    [167]Leman Russ Demolisher ~ Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter (sponson), Riggers

I personally don't see the point in taking heavy weapons on the Loota squads, so I decided to just use them as Shootas by not placing any special weapons in the group in order to fulfill the required Core Units slots. I've also been toying with the idea of breaking the two Loota squads into four squads of 5 to create more targets....they can always mob up, right?

Comment? Suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a newbie to orcs but two five man squads of orcish scouts might be fun to stand back and pin units. 36" range is pretty useful and not bad for tyrannids etc... I think that your army looks a little light in troops. Against some armies like IG or Tau you might do OK but trukks are pretty vulnerable to fire. Instead of using a nob, how about a mekboy with a forcefield to help the trukkboys?
    Cry Havoc and let slip the poodles of war

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also thought about doing the sniper thing. I am waiting to actually see someone use snipers and actually be effective with them. So far they haven't pinned one single unit....either because of special rules, bad rolls, saves, etc. But I will say that having three high strength ordinance weapons will put some major fear in any opponent. I have not lost a single match with this themed army. I have switched things around a bit everytime. Here is where my list currently stands.

HQ [111]
    [111]Warboss ~ Mega Armor, Mega Booster, Lucky Tatoo, Shootier, Dakka

Elites [250]
    [250]Da Vulcha Skwad ~ Zagstrukk, 13 Vulchas

Troops [240]
    [60]Lootas ~ SM Tactical Squad, 4 Shootas, 1 Missle Launcher

Fast Attack [474]
    [161]Trukkboyz ~ 9 Sluggas/Choppas, 1 Nob with Power Claw/Choppa, Trukk ~ Rokkit Launcha
    [161]Trukkboyz ~ 9 Sluggas/Choppas, 1 Nob with Power Claw/Choppa, Trukk ~ Rokkit Launcha
    [152]Trukkboyz ~ 8 Sluggas/Choppas, 1 Nob with Power Claw/Choppa, Trukk ~ Rokkit Launcha

Heavy Support [425]
    [125]Basilisk ~ Earthshaker Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Indirect Fire
    [145]Leman Russ Battle Tank ~ Battlecannon, Heavy Bolter
    [155]Leman Russ Demolisher ~ Demolisher Cannon, Heavy Bolter

The Missle Launchers rarely hit of course, but it still makes your opponent sweat bullets. Between the 48" range armor piercing/tanks smashing shots and the many ordinance options, the Trukks have little trouble finding a nice squishy unit to pulverize!

WAAAAAAAGH!
    Last edited by Ribking; July 28th, 2006 at 03:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you can't find room to fit it in, or you can't drop anything that is worth dropping, than why not just go give the lootas lascannons instead? One of the great things about the space marine tac squad is how cheap they get the lascannons. Its only a little more expensive than the missile launcher and really helps to cover heavy anti armor.

Your list looks great though, and I love to see unique ork lists out there. Good job man.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread