1500pt fun/'friendly' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

1500pt fun/'friendly'

Alright, so about ten minutes after putting up my ork list a friend challanged me to test out the list before we go up to GW on friday. I accepted and told him about how I put my list up here to see if I should make any tweaks before fielding it on friday, he asked if I would do the same for him.

HQ:
    *Necron Lord
    warscythe
    res orb
    phylacitry
    nightmare shroud
    gaze of flame
    (Will start game off joining the pariahs)

Elites:
    Pariahs (6)

Flayed ones (8 )

Troops:
    Warriors (10)
    Warriors (10)

Fast Attack:
    Destroyers (3)
    Destroyers (3)

Heavy Support
    Monolith

Total: 1505

As with my list, the few points being over is no problem at all since both are test lists not meant to fight each other and are going to be used in a friendly game. (Shouldn't be much of a problem when were both over by less than ten points...) We've seen each others lists and have agreed to only make changes based upon what is posted in this thread and the ork one, though niether of us will be moving towards overly competative advice that quickly.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well first I don't think the lord will need the warscythe espically since you are fighting orks (to my knowledge they don't have many inv saves) so the staff of light would be suffecient also since he is going with pariahs probally won't need it much. I don't think the nightmare shroud will help too much though ork shooting isn't to accurate so it could work though IMO I would drop it and get some tomb spyders as they are much better sheilds overall for them.

Also with your monolith your friend will have a hard time of really doing anything at all against it so it might not make for a fun game as you have a model that is impossible to kill almost (well for orks mainly). So if you do that you free up a lot of points and could maybe get those TS for your pariah unit and bulk up on some warriors or add two more flayed ones.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Oh my no, I think he might want to keep the monolith in their, it may not look like a friendly unit but niether does twelve rokkits and a half dozens klaws...

So working the points around he dropped the nightmare shroud and scythe for a few more flayed ones.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well then that IS a different story when orks have that much firepower :yes: . But ya a good idea to get a few more flayed ones as their high I will be very helpful when fighting orks (plus terrifying visage ain't too bad either).
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread