Tournament Nidzilla [1000] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tournament Nidzilla [1000]

Greetings to the Hive Mind.

A friend of mine is developing a Tyranid list for a local "ultimate abuse" tournament that must stand against a Dark Eldar wyche cult, a Ravenguard landspeeder/assault marine list, a Tau 3-railhead list, an Iron Hands nearly all-dreadnought list and an Eldar nearly all-vyper list, among others. She asked me to help her perfect its cheese, but 'Nids aren't my specialty, so I'd be honored to have your advice so she can crush her opposition. Here is the list:

Total Points: 996 pts.

HQ: 292 pts.

The Hated One (1 hive tyrant, 146 pts)
    Enhanced senses + toxin sacs + extended carapace + 2 twin-linked devourers

The Despised One (1 hive tyrant, 146 pts)
    Enhanced senses + toxin sacs + extended carapace + 2 twin-linked devourers

Elites: 80 pts.

Silence (1 lictor, 80 pts)

Troops: 60 pts.

Ripper swarm (3 ripper swarms, 30 pts)

Ripper swarm (3 ripper swarms, 30 pts)

Heavy Support: 564 pts.

First Stone-like (1 carnifex, 188 pts)
    Enhanced senses + extended carapace + reinforced chitin + barbed strangler + venom cannon.

Second Stone-like (1 carnifex, 188 pts)
    Enhanced senses + extended carapace + reinforced chitin + barbed strangler + venom cannon.

Third Stone-like (1 carnifex, 188 pts)

The list is meant to be defensive, most units sit in cover. The Rippers screen the tyrants and gunfexes, the Tyrants obliterate small assault squads or soften large ones before CC, and the gunfexes pound incoming enemies and vehicles. There is no scoring at this tournament for composition or balance. What would improve the list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe wings on a tyrant, and if you want to make a defensive list, try adding a CC fex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose we could (take the points from a gunfex to make a CC fex and add wings to one of the tyrants), but I don't understand why we would. Is the extra CC power generally necessary? I'm worried about giving up more 36" shots, particularly against opponents that might outshoot the list instead of being forced to advance.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

The main weakness I see in this army is you really don't have many things that can take out the SM 3+ save. Also the carnifex shooting isn't the most accurate so you will have to rely on a lot of shots. Also against the HH you will have to watch out for them just sitting in a corner and completely out ranging you (in other words they could have them on each side of the board and just destroy them one at a time while you try to get in range) so the 3 HH list will probally be the hardest for this list IMO (that is if they play it right if they don't then no problem :yes: ). Also you may just want to drop one gunfex and get 3 zoanthropes with WB and maybe even go for psychic scream since this is a deffensive army (also give the HT psychic scream then the enemy will just run away from you from your firing and you can pin them actually with the BS). They also will give you some needed Ap3 power and Ap2 power as well. You probally won't need much CC power in this list as yout HT probally will have to do most of it though you may want tyrant gaurd instead of EC as you will need the extra wounds and help in CC.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're very right. We proxied this list just last night and I played a generic, tooled assault marine list against it - 2 full assault squads with powerfist sergeant and chaplain inside, with some lascannon support, just as we expect from the local Raven Guard player. The game was a draw, but it was played almost entirely by the Tyrants - those 12 devourer shots are amazing on Marine squads, 3-5 casualties each time - with the 'fexes adding a few save-ignoring hits to the assaults when they got started and stunning the Predator Annihilator each turn. The assault phase could have gone either way with just a few lucky rolls, so we need to lock that down.

Psychic scream is a great idea, I'm not sure about the zoanthropes since it would mean removing a unit with more range that's also more valuable in CC, but having 2 more Tyrant Guard in there would double the CC power of the 'fex if we opted for dropped EC on the tyrants, 1 Guard for each in its place, dropping the fex and adding maybe 1-2 zoans. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread