Starting 'Nids - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting 'Nids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting 'Nids

I will soon be picking up 2 Battleforces to start off my 'Nid army. I have also won a screamer-killer in a raffle at my local club so i will have that too. PLEASE NOTE: I will be using CC fexes as i only every play on school tables or my kitchen table with my bro so the Carnifexes will be in CC by turn 2-3, also i think they can hold thier own again shooting.

3 Warriors - 118
    Toxin Sacs
    Adrenal Glands
    Extended Carapace
    Scything Talons
    Rending Claws
    Leaping

3 Warriors - 114
    Toxin Sacs
    Enhanced Senses
    Extended Carapace
    2 Devourers
    3 Scything Talons
    Venom Cannon

16 Hormagaunts - 176
    Adrenal Glands (I)

16 Devgaunts - 112
    Devourers

8 Genestsealers - 160
    Extended Carapace

8 Genestealers - 192
    Extended Carapace
    Scything Talons

Ripper swarm - 30
    Ripper swarm - 30

Carnifex - 122
    Scything Talons (2)
    Toxin Sacs
    Tusked
    Spine Banks

Carnifex - 207
    Crushing Claws
    Scything Talons
    Tusked
    Spine Banks
    Bio-Plasma
    Toxin Sacs
    Reinforced Chitin
    Bonded Exoskeleton
    Extended Carapace

(Carnifex 1 - 173
    Enhanced Senses
    Barbed Strangler
    Venom Cannon
    Extended Carapace)

OR

(Carnifex 2 - 113
    2 TL Dev
    Enhanced Senses)

1318 W/Carni 1
    1258W/Carni 2

Remember, if somebody helps you out give them a cookie! Click the star button at the bottom of thier post. Rep Cookies taste gooooood :D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well I assume that you will be doing a 1500 list so that means you can slap some of your carnifexs in the elite slot. Also another buy you should deffinatly get in the near future is a HT and more then likely one with wings.

Alright your CC warriors look ok though your probally should have both types of AG on him (not sure which you have at the moment) as they are invaluble on them. On your shooty warriors drop the devourers and give them deathspitters as they compliment the VC a lot better and actually make this unit to have some light anti armor capability.

The hormagaunts are good though since you have some points extra you could give them AG(WS) as well since you need to get more attacks hitting so the extra I can be even more usefull. Not to sure how devgaunts will do but they probaly will be very fun to use otherwise I got nothing on them. Your genestealers are pretty good though I would take the ST on the 2nd one off as it just makes them way too expensive and your oppenent probally will gun them down first thus they probaly won't do anything. IMO rippers must ALWAYS have leaping as it makes them all the more usefull and you can use em to help catch your oppenents units for your CC fexs.

Now this first fex I think we should downgrade him to an elite as he really can't do much really and isn't a good HS one either. Now for an elite CC fex give him 2 ST, AG(WS), toxic maisma, and flesh hooks and you will have a fex that can hit marnies on 3+ and for only 114pts. On your second CC fex drop the crushing claws as they aren't worth it and go for another set of ST, drop the spine banks and give him flesh hooks instead, and drop bio plasma as it won't help you much at all either. Now give him AG(I & WS), and toxic maisma. You then have a 11pt cheaper carnifex that is a lot more effective. Now IMO you should get both a gunfex and a dakkafex as they are both very nice and would both help your army out a lot though I'm not sure if you have enough carnifex models then. But if it is one or the other I would go with the gunfex as you need the ranged firepower.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this then?

3 Warriors - 118
    Toxin Sacs
    Adrenal Glands (I)
    Extended Carapace
    Scything Talons
    Rending Claws
    Leaping

3 Warriors - 114
    Toxin Sacs
    Enhanced Senses
    Extended Carapace
    2 Devourers
    3 Scything Talons
    Venom Cannon

16 Hormagaunts - 176
    Adrenal Glands (I)

16 Devgaunts - 112
    Devourers

8 Genestsealers - 160
    Extended Carapace

8 Genestealers - 192
    Extended Carapace
    Scything Talons

Ripper swarm - 30
    Ripper swarm - 30

Carnifex - 122
    Scything Talons (2)
    Toxin Sacs
    Tusked
    Spine Banks

Carnifex - 219
    TL Devourer
    Scything Talons
    Tusked
    Spine Banks
    Bio-Plasma
    Toxin Sacs
    Reinforced Chitin
    Bonded Exoskeleton
    Extended Carapace
    Enhances Senses
    Adrenal Glands(Both)
    Toxic Miasma
    Flesh Hooks

Carnifex - 244
    Venom Cannon
    Scything Talons
    Tusked
    Spine Banks
    Bio-Plasma
    Toxin Sacs
    Reinforced Chitin
    Bonded Exoskeleton
    Extended Carapace
    Enhances Senses
    Adrenal Glands(Both)
    Toxic Miasma
    Flesh Hooks

Im not too sure about the 2 Carnifexes, i want them to be very good in CC but i still want them
    to shoot. However i dont want "Dakka-Dakka" fexes or "Gunfexes".
    Last edited by Niezck; July 12th, 2006 at 21:08.
    Remember, if somebody helps you out give them a cookie! Click the star button at the bottom of thier post. Rep Cookies taste gooooood :D

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I still don't like the ST on the genestealers as it makes them too big of a target so they won't even get into assault IMO. I still think you need to put leaping on the rippers but if you don't whatever. Your cheapest CC fex should also have toxic maisma and AG(WS) so that he can hit marnies on 3+. I still don't like that many points on carnifexs at all though if it works for you I guess go for it (though I recommend proxying if you can to see how they work). Also you don't need spine banks and flesh hooks as they both do the same thing for assaulting into cover though if you want the walking over walls and 2 shots I guess you can...
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i actually forgot to put leaping on the rippers but it is supposed to be there. The carnifexes (except the SK) will be magnetised so i dont need to proxy them, the main point of the spinebanks is not for the assaulting into cover but for softening the enemy before i go into CC.

+ Reply to Thread