1000 Points Necron Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

1000 Points Necron Army List

HQ: Necron Lord - 160
    Resurrection Orb
    Phylactery
    Disruption Field
    OR: Veil of Darkness instead of all the other upgrades.

Elites: 5 Immortals – 140

Elites: 5 Immortals – 140
    ^ Perhaps combining these squads...

Troops: 10 Warriors – 180

Troops: 10 Warriors – 180

Fast Attack: 4 Destroyers – 200

Total Points: 1000

Total Number of Models: 35
    Phase Out at: 8

I'm thinking of starting a necron army reasonably soon and this is what I'm planning on getting.

Any advice on what to change would be good but keeping the guidlines of it being fairly cheap and few metal models as possible. Its meant to be fairly small so it can be transported very easily so things like monoliths or excessive ammounts of destroyers, tomb spyders or wraiths will be unpractical.

The setup of the army is supposed to be the lord in the middle, res orbing both warrior squads (they get instant killed by missile launchers and immortals don't) and the immortals on the sides while the destroyers go out and target the most dangerous things and help outrange the foe. The lord is meant to stick around for a while and help out in combat when the enemy gets too close. This army should excell at missions where you have to hold objectives and such and its weaknesses seem to be fast combat armies that can avoid the firepower well.

Probable enemies will be Tyranids (Fairly balanced, broodlord, a whole bunch of genestealers, gaunts, fex, warriors, etc), Tau (Firewarriors, pathfinders with fish, hammerhead, crisis suits, kroot, stealth suits) Ulthwe Eldar, (Seer Council, lots and lots of guardians (which later might get heavy weapon platforms of brightlances and starcannons), a few jetbikes, a vyper, and a falcon of doom full of banshees and their phoenix lord) and dozens of different space marine (or chaos space marine) armies.

The army should be able to beat the tau by advancing up while the immortals slaughter the firewarriors (mmm ap4) and the destroyers take out the pathfinders while the warriors move up. Against tyranids, I won't have much of a tactic, just sit back and hope I can kill enough of them before they get too close. Against the Eldar I will try to shoot down the guardians with my warriors since I ignore their save and try to ignore the seer council quite a bit since it doesn't actually do that much damage, just draws fire and soaks it up really well, highest priority is taking down the falcon filled with power weapony doom, everything that can be spared will try to take that out even though it too is a fire magnet.

Any armylist tips, tactics, pointers or anything would be great.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by Tenozuma; July 14th, 2006 at 15:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Seems ok to me for what you want it to do and how you want it and all. Though it may be a good idea or maybe consider getting a VoD lord and putting the immortals into a 10 man group so that you have a Flying circus and this helps with your mobility problem. Most of your oppenets probally won't shoot your warriors for the fact that their are destroyers and immortals on the board so unless they have ordance they won't fire at them. The only list I see you having a problem with are SM or CSM for the fact they have 3+ saves though anyone else you should be ok (except maybe a TMC army or a real swarmy nid army). If you go for the VoD lord you may also just want to hide your warriors so that it isn't easier for you to have a PO though this all depends on the oppenet.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

I just started them today, got a box of necron warriors which I'm converting into immortals and they should look pretty good with a little bit of greenstuff. I don't really have the points for the veil of darkness though, and in a game at this reletively low points I should try to have as many guys on the field as possible. Space marines will prove to be a problem but I'm going by the principle of 'make them take enough armour saves, they are bound to fail some' with them, they still shouldn't be able to outshoot the crons since the crons are so much more resiliant, at at the 24" range mark, the immortals are still getting 2 shots each while enemies will get just one with bolters, if they are a combat army, they won't be able to shoot untill within 12" really so I'll have ages to whittle them down. Just about everyone has got some of those new space marine sniper scouts so they will be able to be taken out quick by all that ap4 goodness.

Dark Eldar player.

Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Well I say test your army with a lord with Just VoD and the lord you have now and see which you find more usefull. I really don't see that you need the rez orb that much in this army and VoD could be really usefull espically with a 10 man immortal squad. You could make the enemy chase after them and not go after your warriors. Not to mention you can VoD next to those scouts and blow them away while the rest of your army is in cover.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Ok, I will give it a try, I think the res orb might be a little bit more useful though since I know at least 3 players with missile launcher devastator/havoc squads. And there is always those dreadnaughts and predators and such. And those horrible, horrible battle cannon rounds, I'd say they are the worst part of it.

Dark Eldar player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

That is true but that might be better then shooting your more powerfull units so it might work out for the best or for the worst either way it is always good to test things before you decide.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

I've taken your advice in my new 1500 points list, and am still throwing the idea up and down with the 1000 list.

Dark Eldar player.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Make the immortals 10 strong.

Lose the D field from the lord, and either add a phase shifter or lose phlacetry and give him a VoD.

Other than that its a solid 1000 point list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Well since both of you have suggested the VoD, I'll run with it (for now) and see how it goes, still not convinced its such a good idea though, having more squads (seperate immortals) is always a good thing because you can shoot different targets and I am really parranoid about those battlecannon rounds pounding the warriors, though I guess the immortals with a bit of luck can land behind the tank and blow up its rear armour...

Dark Eldar player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Or just roll enough 6's for glancings really. So in other words you could risk being right in front of the beast and fire 24 shots into his face. You should deffinatly get a couple of 6's from that and either criple him for a turn or blow him sky high.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast