i wish i was a kan... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wish i was a kan...

basically i based this list on a goff warboss who is so obsessed with kans and dreds he wants to be one:w00t: . originally i was going to use him in mega armour but thought all the bionic bits would be more fluffy, and i wanted some dreads but i thought that tons of kans would be more fitting. what do you think (maybe a big mek...for a bit more fluff......)

1000 pts

warboss
    eavy armour, choppa, big shoota, bionic arm, bionic bonce, cybork body

9 kans
    with mainly big shootas, some rokits

16 sluggas
    3 rokits
    nob with power klaw, slugga

16 shootas
    3 big shootas

30 grots
    slava

this is only a rough list as i have lost my codex with the list in so cant remember the points . the nob may have some more stuff and the shootas may have a nob.

tear it apart please:w00t: .

You may already know me, you may have met my followers, i am Allah.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Personally, I feel he'd be better off with a powerclaw than a big shoota (or the choppa if you prefer) Even just fluffwise, as it would make him have the same strenght as a kan. The list is a tad one sided right now and in heavy need of some balancing. You have a distinct lack of boyz in this list (course, I'm not really one to talk, I have 30 in my current 825 pt list) Keep in mind that though good, kans can be remarkably fragile. Against a Tau player I wouldn't be surprised to see massive losses as his basic troops eat away at your kans.

I'm not well versed anough yet in ork lists to give you much more than that right now, There are a lot of potential problems with so few boyz and so many kans, yet you may be able to counter that in a larger list. 40 more boyz in a 1500 is quite manageable and will give your list a much greater chance for survival. Playtest it a bit and see how you find it, since in the end, only you can really make the decision of keeping it.
    Last edited by Morkai; July 16th, 2006 at 23:24.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the comments,

my thinking with the warboss is that although he wants to be a dred, hes not one yet so i didn't want to make him to strong, yet :shifty: (plus a choppas better). i was worried about the amount of boys aswell, i was thinking only going for say 6 kans at 1000pts, but when i was typing up i just thought, LETS BE ORKY, so 9 went in. I may swap three for another squad (some bionic scarboys maybe :w00t: ). what weapon options would you suggest for the squads and the kans, im no good at weapon fits for orks . any help would be apreciated.

p.s. you may have noticed i like smilies :yes: :w00t: :wacko: . dont you think there should be a green one ( that isnt sick) and a pointy headed one aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Here's my thoughts
    9 Killa Kans. I've noticed that kans are wonderful, but if you really want to make them survivable give them armored plates. In addition, they need a KFF to give them the option of reducing pentrating to glancing. This will make your kans very versatile and very stompy. in addition, i don't bother with big shootas on kans unless you not playing space marines. If your playing marines just go with rokkits, if your play Tau or Guard the big shootas. Never mix and match, just maximize the positives.

Warboss-I agree with morkai, i'd give the Warboss a Power klaw, and you might as well give him mega armor. That way you can drop the bionic bonce and add a mega boosta which will speed him up fine. The bionic arm is important then because he comes standard with a Shoota and power klaw and the bionic arm will count as an additional combat weapon, i'd drop the Big Shoota on the boss and give him a combi scorcha-no roll to hit and str 5 vs anyone is a good thing when up close and personal. Mine cooked 2 landspeeder in 1 shot once... it was sweet.

At a 1000 pts your list really has no need to be torn apart, with the kans your going to do fine. Line everyone up behind them and goto it. My only suggestion is you really don't need the grots if your doing the kan wall... might as well drop them for a Rokkit Buggy or even a Big Mek with Mega armor to get another Power Klaw to help out the warboss.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

power klaws are not a good idea...hes an independent character so can have attack allocated to him, plus hes i4, I4 and an ork :w00t: . why waste it.

i might drop the grots but i just thought i would use all the boyz on one side and all the kans on the other... nine kans all in a big group scares the shiz out of people, and which ever group make it to the enemy are gonna hurt, plus if my opponent splits his fire...lol.

+ Reply to Thread