My 1500pt Gw tournie list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 1500pt Gw tournie list

This weekend around 35 people are having a 1500 pt tournie. I have just got back into 40k and I started wit Tyranids. This is going to be the first time I have played a tournament with my 'Nids. Here is a 1500pt list please help:

HQ

Malanthrope.140 (Maybe not too practical, lovely model though and I prefer to have fun, can go character hunting for me)

Broodlord w/toxin sacs, extended carapace.90
    Retinue:8x Genestealers w/extended carapace.160 (Lovely hard hitting unit, took out a whole guard army without losing a 'Nid because of these)

Elites

2x Lictors (Nice and fun, also love the fluff)

Troops

3x Anklebiters (Hate these, wouldn't use 'em unless I didn't have the Malanthrope, necessary unit)

10x Spinegaunts.50 (Bait)
    10x Spinegaunts.50 (Bait)
    10x Fleshborergaunts.60 (back up for hormies, second line of bait)
    10x Fleshborergaunts.60 (back up for hormies, second line of bait)
    10x vanillahormagaunts.100 (Fast and deal damage)
    10x vanillahormagaunts.100 (Fast and deal damage)

Heavy Support

3x Zoanthropes w/ synapse, warp blast.195 (good tank and marine hunters)

Carnifex w/ Bonded exoskeleton, extended carapace, scythe tail, toxin sacs, tusked, crushing clasws, scything talons. 204 (Scares the bejeebers out of my opponent, hope to draw alot of fire and if it doesn't then it will rip units to shreds, also good tank killer)

Fast Attack

6x Warriors w/ winged, toxin sacs, scything talons, rending claws, AG (ws).258 (fast hard hitting unit, keeps gaunts in synapse)

So thats it guys, do you think it will do well in a tounament?? Any changes to it?? And before you ask Forgeworld is allowed. Last thing, has it got enough hard hitting units??

Thanks again===Richy===

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I like the list and I think it should do fairly well though I think it needs a few changes. Not 100% sure what anklebiters are (I assume they are rippers but I don't know much about forge world) also I'm not sure if they take up a FOS otherwise your troops look ok to me. Nice zoanthropes though the carnifex isn't that usefull IMO and should be changed to a gunfex (VC, BS, ES) then upgrade him so he can take a crap load of damage (on a side note this guy would almost never be able to catch a tank as it is so slow that they can just run away from him so it isn't pratical for him to after tanks which is why you need a gunfex). Keep the warriors in cover as much as possible and hide them on the first turn so they don't get blown away by enemy fire.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread