2000 pts Eldar - Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts Eldar - Friendly

Hi guys, after playing Tau for about a year now, I have decided to have another go at eldar (while i foolishly picked as my 1st race). I quickly made a list judging by what i thought would be nice. Any advice welcome.

HQ
    Phoenix Lord Asurmen
    = 137pts

Phoenix Lord Karandras
    = 165pts

Elites
    Striking Scorpions x10 (joined by Karandras)
    Exarch
    Crushing Blow
    Biting Blade
    Scorpion's Claw
    = 202pts

Fire Dragons x6Exarch
    Firepike
    Tank Hunter
    Burning Fist
    Plasma Grenades x6
    = 178pts

Troops
    Dire Avengers x10 (joined by Asurmen)
    Exarch
    Diresword & Shuriken Pistol
    Defend
    Distract
    = 174pts

Dire Avengers x10
    Exarch
    Defend
    Distract
    = 174pts

Guardian Defender Squad x10
    Starcannon
    = 130pts

Guardian Defender Squad x9
    = 72pts

Fast Attack
    Vyper
    Bright Lance
    CTM
    = 95pts

Vyper
    Starcannon
    CTM
    = 95pts

Heavy Support
    Falcon (carrying Fire Dragons)
    Starcannon
    Spirit Stones
    Holo-Field
    CTM
    = 220pts

Dark Reapers x5
    Exarch
    EML
    Fast Shot
    = 233pts

Wraithlord
    Starcannon
    = 120pts

Now the reason why I dont have any Farseers in this army list is the fact that nearly all my opponents have & use psychic hoods, and i am normally cursed with the bad luck of failing most of the rolls (Curse the psychic hood for its unlimited range and no LOS needed ). So i was left with either taking one or more of the phoenix lords or taking the avatar.

Anyway, like I said, any feedback would be great. :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Ok. First I'd ditch the CTM on the falcon and instead give it a shurican cannon (you should have an extra cannon sitting around somewhere).

The reason is that usually you will be moving that thing up and often you want it to be taking fire isntead of the rest of your army (remeber they have to take target prioity test to not shoot at it if it's the closest vehicle.)

One squad of dire avengers iwth asuriman can be fun. But they really aren't that good of a troop type. If they serve a tactical purpose against MEQs just replace them with fire dragons who are a bit more pricey but otherwise do pretty much everything better. Or put down a lot of rangers in small squads (and maybe declare that you're alaitoc!) You opponent will have to send more expensive squads after them and they can pin some units (even MEQ units now and then).

Personally though I don't like the "run up the middle" playstyle, especially with eldar, and so I probably wouldn't use a list like this. I'd tend to have more ranged units, and more vehicles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like you have a "come to me" army. If that is your plan, you are on the right track. I would drop the second unit of Dire Avengers though. That unit, joined by Asurmen, is going to be a pain in the butt to eliminate. You can use it to tie up strong fighters, creating a nice LOS blocking melee, and let the rest of your force shoot the rest of his army.

Drop the Brightlance on the Vyper. You can trade it over to your Wraithlord and have a much better chance to hit. It's almost crazy to have anything but a Starcannon on a Vyper without a very good reason. You could also go the other main combo of Twin Cannons.

For your Scorpions, I would drop either the Scorpion Claw off your exarch, or the Biting Blade and Crushing Blow. Can you have both weapons? You don't need both. With Karandas there, I would drop the Claw, as he should be able to take out most things you would need a power fist for by himself. With Biting Blade and Crushing Blow, your exarch is Str 5 and gets to attack at his own initiative.

With the points left over from that Dire Avenger squad you dropped, I would grab some Warp Spiders or Howling Banshees. Right now, your cc effectiveness is not great, excepting the Wraithlord, Scorpions, and your Phoenix Lords. A nice compact countercharge unit of Banshees could be very useful, especially if you get Terminators Deep Striking or Podding you. The Spiders on the other hand could help take out horde armies like Tyranids who will swarm you. Two Strength 6 shots will work wonders on most units. In a pinch, they can help out a cc or kill Mechs too.

Lastly, if you have the points, throw a platform in that Guardian squad. They aren't gonna serve a huge purpose as it stands. That or make them Storm Guardians, though without a Warlock they are gonna be hurting.

So, drop a squad of Dire Avengers, add an aspect warrior squad (I would go either Banshees or Spiders), drop the Claw on your Scorpion exarch, add a platform to your other Guardian squad or change them out for some Rangers (sorry but I love them!), and exchange the Starcannon and Brightlance on your Wraithlord and Vyper. That should make you a bit more effective in the "come get me" approach. If that wasn't your plan, well ignore my whole post because you need a lot of changes if you are gonna go to him!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies people. Here's my list with a few changes: (btw you was correct about the ss exarch its either biting blade or scorpion's claw. I think I put both of them on due to Karandras)

HQ
    Phoenix Lord Asurmen
    = 137pts

Phoenix Lord Karandras
    = 165pts

Elites
    Striking Scorpions x10 (joined by Karandras)
    Exarch
    Crushing Blow
    Biting Blade
    = 187pts

Fire Dragons x6
    Exarch
    Firepike
    Tank Hunter
    Burning Fist
    Plasma Grenades x6
    = 178pts

Howling Banshees x10
    Exarch
    Executioner
    Arcobatic
    = 189pts

Troops
    Dire Avengers x10 (joined by Asurmen)
    Exarch
    Defend
    Distract
    = 174pts

Guardian Defender Squad x10
    Starcannon
    = 130pts

Rangers x4
    = 76pts

Fast Attack
    Vyper
    Bright Lance
    CTM
    = 95pts

Vyper
    Starcannon
    CTM
    = 95pts

Heavy Support
    Falcon (carrying Fire Dragons)
    Starcannon
    Spirit Stones
    Holo-Field
    CTM
    = 220pts

Dark Reapers x5
    Exarch
    EML
    Fast Shot
    = 233pts

Wraithlord
    Starcannon
    = 120pts

Total = 1999pts

I'm still not sure about exchanging the brightlance for the starcannon on the vyper. Most of the people I play against normally keep something very nasty hidden away on their side of the board (lemun russ, etc). So the idea was to try & kill it with the vyper (plus the gods seem to smile on my rolls as i normally hit with the bright lance ). I took out the second squad of DA's and put in a full squad of HB and 4 rangers (all i could afford).

And thanks for your comments as well sunny, though i dont think i'll ever declare alaitoc, as some of the people I play against consider them "beardy".

+ Reply to Thread