[1000] Hi-land Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    With Oden On Our Side... The Doctor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

[1000] Hi-land Orks

This is my first attempt at an Ork list. I've been playing Tau for two years, and am wanting some HtH. So, here we go.

HQ - 115
    Warboss – 115
    w/ Choppa, Power Claw, ‘Eavy Armor, Bionik Arm, Bionik Bonce

ELITEZ - 144
    ‘Ard Bhoyz - 144
    w/ 12 Bhoyz, 3 Big Shootas

TROOPZ – 382
    Slugga Bhoyz – 152
    w/ 16 Bhoyz, 14 Sluggas, 14 Choppas, 1 Big Shoota

Slugga Bhoyz – 152
    w/ 16 Bhoyz, 14 Sluggas, 14 Choppas, 1 Big Shoota

Gretchin Mob – 78
    w/ 20 Grotz, 1 Slaver*, Grabba Stik*, Slugga*, Squighound*,

FAST ATTACK – 266
    Trukk Bhoyz – 133
    w/ 10 Bhoyz, Rokkit Launcha, Trukk*, Rokkit Launcha*, Red Paint Job*

Trukk Bhoyz – 133
    w/ 10 Bhoyz, Rokkit Launcha, Trukk*, Rokkit Launcha*, Red Paint Job*

‘Eavy Support – 90
    Ork Dreadnought – 90
    w/ 2 Close Combat Weapons, 2 Rokkit Launchaz

TOTAL - 997

I'll be facing Eldar (Using only 3 Vypers), Tau (Using 2 Devilfish and a Hammerhead), another Tau (using 1 Hammerhead and more AP3 stuff), Tyranids, and Guard. I geared the list to have enough AP3 and High STR stuff to tank on Marines, should they surface, as well as something with a fair amount of armor. This is meant to be a 'Take All Comers' list.

I welcome any and all comments, suggestions, and corrections. But please give reasons and don't just say 'You should take these and not this.'

Last edited by The Doctor; August 1st, 2006 at 02:08.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Blood for the Blood God! Beer for the Bronze Keg!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

{EDIT July 25} Ehhh....I should never make army lists when I'm tired. Looks like I'm 41 points over, and I didn't even do the math on my Warboss right >.< I'm making corrections and will edit the list soon.

Changed the Warboss to something more Combat Oriented (Mega Armor would've been too slow, me thinks). Also removed the Tank Bustas and added the Gretchin Mob.
    Last edited by The Doctor; July 25th, 2006 at 19:57.
    Half Gods are worshiped with Wine and Flowers. Real Gods are worshiped in Blood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Anything?

*Wonders if the silence means it's a great list, or a horrid one*:sleep:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha im sure people like it. i think tyranids would tear right throu you, as for you warboss id go with, Iron Gob Mega Claw Choppa Bionik Bonce 'Eavy armour and so on (you have to excuse me im in brazil for vacation and dont have my codex handy so trying to work of memory) good luck
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

l

Hahaha im sure people like it. i think tyranids would tear right throu you, as for you warboss id go with, Iron Gob Mega Claw Choppa Bionik Bonce 'Eavy armour and so on (you have to excuse me im in brazil for vacation and dont have my codex handy so trying to work of memory) good luck
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

Alright, I switched the Warboss to
    Warboss – 115
    w/ Choppa, Power Claw, ‘Eavy Armor, Bionik Arm, Bionik Bonce
    Giving him 6 attacks and a 3+ save.

Now, I may be reading it wrong, but the Bionik Arm allows +1 attack AND the automatic hit, right?

To fit in this bigger Boss, I removed 'Shootier' from the Slaver and removed 1 Big Shoota from each squad of Foot Boys. Dey shuldnt be shootin' nonez no way!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure off hand dont have the codex with my but personally i never use the bionik arm i favor the power claw much more, but you will learn to like your own weopons and style so i say try everything out before you really commit (e.i Give your warboss the assault on 6 firewarriors and see him rip their pretty armour off)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

The Bionik Arm sounds really good to me, because of the Automatic S4 wound.
    Then there's the line "It also counts as an extra Close Combat Weapon."

I don't have a rule book with me, so can 'Extra Close Combat Weapons' stack? I already have two (in the Power Claw and Choppa), so do I get +2 or only +1? *is a Close Combat newbie, playing Tau for the past two years and all:wacko:*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure but i think the Leman Russ is an 0-1 choice for all ork players. Well not really but it should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rokkits should not be used against marines. Rokkits should be used against vehicles. Boys are the best antidote to the marine epidemic.

People automatically think that since the rokkit is ap3, it is best suited to kill marines. If you are shooting your anti armour at marines instead of a more ominious vehicle than you are making a mistake. It takes dozens of rokkits being fired by orks to even kill a few marines, which could instead be used to ensure say a predator blows up.

Boys themselves are amazing against marines. A mob of 20 boys with a nob w/ power claw can tear through a few squads of tac marines without too much of a sweat.

On the subject of anti armour, you have very little. I see 6 rokkit launchas total, and that just ain't gonna touch the cheese against even balanced lists. A guard army at 1000 points will most likely have at least 1-2 'eavy duty tanks, plus a few other lighter vehicles, and 6 rokkits isn't going to do much besides maybe ding up a leman russ if you're lucky.

I'd suggest at least twice as many rokkits or some zzap guns, otherwise you are going to be rolled over by certain lists. If you are going to go overboard on any aspect of your army, make it anti armour.

Also, as far as the bionik arm goes, it does not give you an additional +1 attack in combat. You can only claim 1 +1 attack bonus for having two one handed close combat weapons.
    Last edited by Bruiser117; August 1st, 2006 at 23:44.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast