First Ever 2000pt Eldar List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Ever 2000pt Eldar List

Hello everyone, this is my first ever attempt at an eldar list. This list is intended to be used under the new codex since right now I only own 10 banshees and 10 fire dragons. Advice is much appreciated since I have no experiance what so ever with eldar.

Farseer
    Sp, singing spear, RoWit, guide

10 Striking Scorpians
    exarch w/ scorpians claw and stealth

10 howling banshees
    exarch w/ executioner
    wave serpant w/ starcannons

10 fire dragons
    exarch w/ fire pike and tank hunter
    wave serpant w/ starcannons

10 dire avengers
    exarch w/ SP and power weapon

10 dire avengers
    exarch w/ SP and power weapon

2 vypers
    2 starcannons

1 wraitlord
    starcannon

5 dark reapers
    exarch with fast shot and missle launcher

1 falcon
    starcannon, crystal targeting matrix, and holo field

basically the plan is to have the scorpians infiltrate and get into combat fast while the fire dragons and banshees fly up get into combat. One of the avenger units will be joined by the farseer and the avengers will run up a bit and shoot up some of the enemies softer stuff. Dark reapers and wraithlord will help against tough stuff like marines and falcon will support the 3 aspect warrior units up front. Hopefully this isn't too bad, what do you all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhh... 6 starcannons, two of them twinlinked!

How about a couple of brightlances to mix things up? Maybe one of the serpents and the wraithlord?

Also, ditch RoWit, increases chance of 2 to avoid an 11 or 12. I like fortuning the banshees (have to drop one of course) or the Dark Reapers, who don't suck if you keep them in cover due to their poor AS.

I noticed the Falcon is empty. A bigger change you might consider is reducing the FD and dropping the Ex so they fit in the falcon. Give the Serpent to one of the DA squads then. They can provide fire support to either the Banshees or the SS.

Homer Out
    Last edited by Homer S; July 25th, 2006 at 18:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

I would just drop the Reapers and the Wraith Lord and mount up everyone.

Put on bright lances on one new Serpent, and EML's, Star Cannons, or Scatter Lasers on the other.

Also try to give the Farseer a jetbike.

As an ultra mobile list, I think it would be a lot of fun. Plus Wave Serpents are a tough nut to crack anyhow.
    Arvan'drynn Craftworld - 15,000pts (deceased)
    Tau - 2,000 points (atomized while on patrol)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Intending to use this under the new codex is rather... silly. We don't know anything about it. Plan your lists now, proxy, don't buy, then once the new codex comes out, figure out what you want, then buy it.

As far as this codex goes:

Falcon: CTM is totally pointless. Ditch it, give it spirit stones, and let the fire bounce right off...

Dark Reapers: Exarches are not such a hot idea on dark reapers. If you're firing at something that the exarch is effective against the rest of the squad is wasted. Against normal troops, you're barely better off. Better to save points and leave it with 5 regular reapers

Farseer: In this army, what're you going to guide? Stick him with a squad of banshees, and give him fortune. Also ditch RoW and the singing spear. Give him a ccw.

Fire Dragons: Complete overkill. If you're targetting heavy infantry, scrap the exarch and go with 10 dragons. If you're targetting tanks, kick the sqaud down to 6, and sit them in a falcon

Wave Serpents: Give them brightlances. They're twinlinked, so 1 shot brightlances do best here... Also, spirit stones help keep that transport moving. Being stunned is the worst thing ever and if those are your only two brightlances, being able to fire is nice too.

Avengers: Seriously, scrap them. They're terrible. Replace them with guardians (stick storm guardians in falcons, stick a warlock with conceal with foot guardians...
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you missunderstood. The only reason I bought the banshees and dragons is because I really don't like the nex scuplts and I wanted the current ones. I don't actually play Eldar right now, this list is more of a guide as to what I'm going to need to buy when their new stuff comes out. And from what I've heard in the next edition Avengers aren't going to be crap anymore which is why there here. I also like the new models a lot. Thanks for the tips though, keep them coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Elileth
    I think you missunderstood. The only reason I bought the banshees and dragons is because I really don't like the nex scuplts and I wanted the current ones. I don't actually play Eldar right now, this list is more of a guide as to what I'm going to need to buy when their new stuff comes out. And from what I've heard in the next edition Avengers aren't going to be crap anymore which is why there here. I also like the new models a lot. Thanks for the tips though, keep them coming.
    That's fine, but if you're going to wait till the new codex comes out, you're waiting for the new rules. Since no one knows what those rules will be, we can't really give you advice... Avengers might not be crap... but then again, GW has failed to deliver pleanty of times. So the list looks like it'd be a nice balance of good looking models. I can't tell anything gameplay wise.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for you cooperation.

Votewar 40k Mk1- 2nd Place
    Votewar FB 1- 1st Place
    Votewar 40k Mk5- 1st Place

+ Reply to Thread