1000pt swordwind - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt swordwind

hey all i was just wondering if you could give me some help with my brothers list

karandaras

Troops
    7 striking scorpions
    exarch
    scorpion claw
    stealth

7 howling banshees
    exarch
    exucutioner
    (karandaras joins them)

8 dire avengers
    exarch
    power wepon/ pistol
    wave serpent
    starcannon

3 rangers

Heavy Support
    wraith lord
    bright lance

wraith lord
    bright lance

i think that is about right

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, Karandas in a 1000 point list is pretty pricey. He will probably dominate once in CC, but getting there could be risky. Also, by having him join the Banshees, I think you, or your bro, are expecting that he will allow them to infiltrate, which he will not. If he really wants to keep Karandas, then you need to have him in a mobile squad. I think to get full benefits, he needs to be in a Scorpion squad though, so I would consider joining him to that. That way the entire squad will get +2 attacks on the charge, combined with the 3 they get normally, and you are going to hurt some people's feelings, or faces...

I would drop Karandas. He is almost 1/5th of your points... And he doesn't have an invulnerable save so a Powerfist could end him. I doubt he would be able to make his points back in a 1000 point game, so he isn't worth it. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but hes too much. A Farseer is much more appropriate. But if you really want a Phoenix Lord, I would go with Asurmen. He could turn that DA squad into a real pain in the but. If you get them into CC, they could hold up a powerful unit for a long time, allowing your other stuff to mop up the rest of the army. He is still expensive, but could serve a better purpose.

Your Howling Banshees need to be mounted. Even if you keep Karandas, he won't allow the squad to infiltrate. They need some way to get into cc.

I would get Asurmen and have him join a squad, make a choice. He could help out your Banshees a lot with his defensive capabilities, or fit in well with the DA. Drop a Wraithlord and grab another Serpent. Mount up the Banshees. With the extra points, look at beefing up your squads a bit. You can take two additional Scorpions or Banshees just for switching to Asurmen. Personally, I would put him with the Banshees. They could tear up the unit while he takes on any special characters. With his invulnerable save and defend/distract, he will be tough to take down. Your DA will be hard strapped to make their points back. You could drop them for some Spiders. They are able to keep up and can fulfill your shotting role with two Str 6 shots each. You could get 9 or 10 for dropping the DA squad. With any extra points, get some more Rangers. I would say drop the other WL too, but most people like to have at least one. If you want to drop it, pick up a Falcon instead. You could rework something to have a six man squad mounted inside. That way everything would be mobile.

+ Reply to Thread