1500 tau tell me what you think - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 tau tell me what you think

hey hey just a list i was thinking of using while trying to kick the *&#@ outta my friends!
    they play necrons guard and nids. here it is.

HQ:
    Shas'O, cyclic ion blaster, plasma rifle, shield generator, H/W multitracker. 135 points

Elites:
    Crisis suits x 2, missile pod x 2, plasma rifle x 2, multitracker x 2. 124 points

Stealth suits x 5, fusion blaster. 152 points

Troops:
    Fire warrior x 12, shas'ui, markerlight, bonded. 145 points

Fire warrior x 10, shas'ui, bonded. 115 points

Fire warrior x 8, shas'ui. 90 points

kroot carnivores, kroot x 20, inc. shaper with pulse rifle. 166 points

kroot carnivores, kroot x 10. 70 points

Heavy Support:
    Broadside x 2, team leader, adv stab system x 2, H/W target lock, shield drone. 185 points

Hammerhead, railgun, multitracker, targetlock, decoylaunchers, smart missile system.
    180 points

total points: 1507

total models: 84

suits: 5

tanks: 1

tell me what u think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 121088
    hey hey just a list i was thinking of using while trying to kick the *&#@ outta my friends!
    they play necrons guard and nids. here it is.
    Hmm. Well, I'll see what I can do to help you - keep in mind, though, that I only offer advice. I encourage you to experiment. ^_^

HQ:
    Shas'O, cyclic ion blaster, plasma rifle, shield generator, H/W multitracker. 135 points
    I don't like the Shield Generator so much on here... his IC status should protect him from most of the enemy's shooting, unless you place him poorly. I'd consider dropping it to get some more points. Also, have you considered doing a Shas'el with Targeting Array instead of a Shas'O? Less points, just as effective. Just something to think about.

Elites:
    Crisis suits x 2, missile pod x 2, plasma rifle x 2, multitracker x 2. 124 points
    Make sure you split these two into two different squads, as Monat Suits, as it will make them more versatile with their shooting and harder to kill as the enemy has to split their fire for 'em. I don't know if I'd keep them as Plasma Rifle/Missile Pod, as they are your main MEQ-killers... meaning, in this case, Necrons. You'll need a little more help vs. their WBB. You might also consider giving them Targeting Arrays, too, to improve their accuracy.

Stealth suits x 5, fusion blaster. 152 points
    I don't recommend the Fusion Blaster in there, to be honest - Burst Cannons = anti-infantry, which is definitely not a strong point of the Fusion Blaster. Too different of roles to be effective, I think.

Troops:

I don't think the Markerlights are worth it, to be honest. If you are going to keep them, though, you should find the points for a Hard-Wired Target Lock for each of your Shas'ui. That way, if you wanted to mark, say, a tank, your entire squad wouldn't have to shoot at it, and waste that round of shooting.

Fire warrior x 8, shas'ui. 90 points
    I'm not a big fan of less-than-maxxed squads, as I'm not sure how effective they'll be...

kroot carnivores, kroot x 20, inc. shaper with pulse rifle. 166 points
    So many Kroot! This is a gigantic squad, and will have trouble finding decent enough cover when infiltrating. I like the Shaper (regardless of the points spent on him) but the Pulse Rifle is a waste of points in this case. You might consider dropping the Rifle and some Kroot to get some more points back to do other stuff with.

kroot carnivores, kroot x 10. 70 points
    A fairly decent squad - this is how I usually take my own Kroot. Keep in mind that Kroot aren't the best assault unit in the world - they will serve you much better as harassment units and objective claimers, and last-resort counterassault units than pure assault units.

Heavy Support:
    Broadside x 2, team leader, adv stab system x 2, H/W target lock, shield drone. 185 points
    I think you should split these two 'Suits up into Monat 'Suits, so that they can cover two different fire lanes simultaneously.

Hammerhead, railgun, multitracker, targetlock, decoylaunchers, smart missile system.
    180 points
    Not bad at all. I like it.

total points: 1507

total models: 84

suits: 5

tanks: 1

tell me what u think.
    Overall, it's decent. It lacks a sure amount of mobility for claiming objectives and the likes, and it lacks an anti-MEQ punch, but I think it can make do for itself with decent usage.

Hope this helped. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

the only other thing i would suggest is maybe losing the SMS from the hammerhead. For me, the hammerheads railgun is way to good to be using anything else. Submunition to wipe out those swarms of gaunts, solidshots to kill those carnifexes and other giant bug type nasties.

Personally i wouldnt have it their. But hey, i dont use hammerheads at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x2)

HQ:
    Shas'O, cyclic ion blaster, plasma rifle, shield generator, H/W multitracker. 135 points.
    Well, for points purposes, I would go with the old Centurion (PR/CIB/TA/HWMT). You really don't need the SG as you can rely on your IC status for protection. I've found this guy deadly at 12-18", even against MEQs.

Elites:
    Crisis suits x 2, missile pod x 2, plasma rifle x 2, multitracker x 2. 124 points.
    I like but split them into two groups of 1. If you have extra points, you can make them Shas'el wanna-bes and give them the team leader upgrade & TA for 15 pts each (see changes above).

Stealth suits x 5, fusion blaster. 152 points.
    Drop the FB. If you do the math, stealth survive by being 23" away from the enemy with their stealth fields. If you get within 12" (to use the F, their survivability drops radically.

Troops:

Fire warrior x 12, shas'ui, markerlight, bonded. 145 points.
    Don't think you need the markerlights, as you aren't really setting up a highly intergral list. It seems each unit can pretty much do its own thing without a lot of support from other units. Don't get me wrong, these aren't marines, so they each need support, but for a tau army you're making a lot of independent units.

Fire warrior x 8, shas'ui. 90 points.
    I might make this a unit of 12 with Rifles, bonded, and a unit of 6 with pulse carbines for pinning and support and objective claiming and such. It's a little different than you have, but it seems like it could work for you. Or better yet, have 3 units of FWs with 3 kroot units supporting them.

kroot carnivores, kroot x 20, inc. shaper with pulse rifle. 166 points.
    Holy kroot batman! Drop them down to 2 groups of 10 without the shaper. They can defend each other better if they are smaller, more numerous units. You don't need the shaper or the pulse rifle.

kroot carnivores, kroot x 10. 70 points.
    Depends on what you do, you might not have enough troop selections. I would go 3 FW, 3 kroot, or 4 FW, 2 Kroot for a different army look.

Heavy Support:
    Broadside x 2, team leader, adv stab system x 2, H/W target lock, shield drone. 185 points.
    I would get 2 SDs, and I almost always seem to lose 1, and I would also bond this unit as it really isn't an objective claimer, so under 50% isn't a huge deal.

I love it, and with a target lock & multitracker, it can shoot at opponents after moving 12" that it can't see but are within 24" as support for other units with its SMS. Devilfish are also fun with a SMS.

Overall, I like the list, but I think you need to fine tune it just a little bit.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Y'he Sha'is; July 27th, 2006 at 21:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedave
    the only other thing i would suggest is maybe losing the SMS from the hammerhead. For me, the hammerheads railgun is way to good to be using anything else. Submunition to wipe out those swarms of gaunts, solidshots to kill those carnifexes and other giant bug type nasties.

Personally i wouldnt have it their. But hey, i dont use hammerheads at all
    He won't be using else - there is a Target Lock on that Hammerhead, and the SMS will be able to be fired separately and at a different unit than the Railgun. :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

ughh, *slaps hand to forehead* i see it now.

well, i told you i dont use hammerheads

Dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedave
    ughh, *slaps hand to forehead* i see it now.

well, i told you i dont use hammerheads

Dave
    It's quite alright. Everyone misses these things sometimes.

I do suggest you try a Hammerhead out though... you may be pleasantly surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

140 (x3)

Yeah im thinking about it, but i just love my suits to much.

As a HUGE japanese animation fan, how can you not love these big monstrous metal body suits.

Tanks, who needs tanks........except path finders.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread