1500pt DE raiding force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt DE raiding force

HQ:
    Dracon-- punisher, tormentor helm, shadow field, combat drugs. haywire grenades--114
    4 incubi--100
    5 warriors--2x splinter cannons-- 60
    **raider--55 Total-- 325pts

Elites:
    7 wyches-- wyche weapons, 2 shreddars, succubus w/ agoniser **raider**-- 194

7 wyches-- wyche weapons, 2 shreddars, succubus w/ agoniser **raider**-- 194

Troops:
    10 warriors-- shreddar, splinter cannon, sybarite w/ agoniser **raider**-- 181

Fast attack:
    4 jet bikes-- 2 blasters-- 120

4 jet bikes-- 2 blasters-- 120

Total: 1500 dead even

Well its a raiding force gentleman, i rush around and i do everything at blinding speed. I'm packing 6 lances and 4 blasters that are all mobile, as well as 7 shreddars and 5 cannons all used for softening my foe before i jump them. My only concern is that i have nothing to serve as a distractor, id like something that will soak up fire and draw attention away from my main force. But that might not be neccessary, cause at top speed i only take glancing hits, and in 2 turns ill be in combat any way.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey hermit, I ran a list exactly like this, and it did basically 50/50 because I had no base of fire, If you can find a place to put in two or even one sniper squad of 10 warriors and 2 dark lances. I usually field two sniper squads for anti-tank, or even small anti-mech fire support. Also, during deployment, when you field these guys first, you can set up fire lanes, which would distract enemy units into shooting them and not your raider squads. Also, I think you need five incubi, though I may be wrong.

Hope this Helps,
    Dims

*edit*
    also, I would switch plasma grenades instead of haywire to your archon, because all of the dark lances on your raiders should be enough anti-armor.
    Last edited by Dims; July 30th, 2006 at 06:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

And swap all your shredders to blasters, they are far better and cheaper. You don't need 5 incubi, just 5 or more dark eldar in the retinue, whether they are warriors or incubi.

With the free points from the weapon changes, try to get another couple of reavers to add to the squads so they don't die as easy.

Also, drop the 3 warriors from the retinue that have splinter rifles, the cannons are fine but rifles are useless because you can't rapid fire and then assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Some thoughts on tweaking your list:
    Too many warriors in the HQ make it vulnerable to Ld checks form casualties. I would trim it down to 2 warriors with Splinter Cannons.
    By dropping 2 Raider squads you can afford the following:
    2 sniper squads
    2 more wytches per squad
    Plasma grenades for HQ and wytches
    Trophy Racks for HQ and Succubi
    Gruesome Talismans for HQ and succubi
    Horrorfexes for Raiders
    Dissintegrators for 3 Raiders (you will have 5 Dark Lances and 4 Blasters, you need anti troop)

The snipers make a nice fire base and can be used to feep his tanks in poor positions which will help your Raiders survive. 10 warriors in ruins with a 4+ cover save can last a long time although they aren't exactly a big distraction.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread