plz look - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: plz look

Member death is only the beginning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plz look

this is my 1500pt list.

HQ=360
    Necron lord
    res orb
    phase shifter
    warscythe

Necron lord
    des body
    res ord
    warscythe

Troops=540
    15x Warriors
    15x Warriors

Fast Atack=473
    3x Wraiths
    4x Destroyers
    3x destroyers

Heavy Support=130
    2x Heavy destroyers

what i would do is use the necron des with the squad of wraiths and the squad of 4 des on 1 side. then the squad of 3 des with the heavy des on the other.
    Any comments good or bad. thanks for lookin.

Living is easy, with eyes closed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x1)

ok lets have a look:

HQ=360
    Necron lord
    res orb
    phase shifter
    warscythe

Necron lord
    des body
    res ord
    warscythe

Right. I'm liking the basics of this list already. You seem to be on the right track to a solid competitive list. But its important you get your Lord configurations correct, as they will tend to suck up points from a 1500 point list. Don't get me wrong, they are worth their cost and more, but only if used correctly.

So the first Lord: Drop the warscythe and the phase shifter and keep him within 6" of the two Warrior squads. For 140 points, he will keep your most basic trooper from being Insta-Killed. He doesn't need the scythe as you dont want him in close combat, and the Invulnerable save from the Phase Shifter is not worth it as long as you keep him within one of the squads.

The second Lord: Love your idea for coupling him with the squad of Wraiths. This is a great tactic, and one which many Necron commanders like to spring on their opponent. Give HIM the phase shifter instead, and keep the Orb and scythe. Then just move them wisely, (remembering Wraithflight and Turbo-boosting ) and let them tear through your opponents juiciest units.

Troops=540
    15x Warriors
    15x Warriors

Perfect. I do exactly the same, and with a core of thirty Warriors, you'll never have trouble with Phase Out. Remember that you can always split them into three squads of 10 as well if you think that would work based on your opponent's force.

Fast Atack=473

3x Wraiths
    4x Destroyers
    3x destroyers

Right, the Wraiths are fine.

Now you come to a crossroads. You gotta ask yourself whether you want two squads of Destroyers, or a full squad of 5, and some tank-busting Scarab Swarms for a bit of versatility.

OPTION ONE:
    Im my experience, I've always used the latter option: a maxed out squad of five Destroyers to whizz around the field sending serious gauss shooty death into people, and a generally-overlooked, 24-wounds swarm of 8 Scarabs with Disruption Fields, to ruin any tank's day.

OPTION TWO:
    If you want two squads of Destroyers, which are generally awesome, then go for eight! Two squads of four, each model with a strong heavy weapon that can move 12" and shoot and is T5 so they can't even be killed by S9 weapons. AND a squad can take out tanks with more ease than a Heavy Destroyer.

Whichever option you take, you'll need some extra points. (Remember though, if you take my HQ advice, you've already saved 10 points). To find the points, I suggest the following....

Heavy Support=130
    2x Heavy destroyers

...These boys are really not worth it generally, especially if you go with option two. I'd drop both completely, as with either of the above options, you will have plenty of weaponry on the fields to out-manoeuvre and destroy armour.

So far, the list will look something like this:

HQ

Lord w/ Staff Of Light, Res. Orb – 140 pts.

Lord w/ Destroyer Body, Warscythe, Res. Orb and Phase Shifter – 210 pts.

TROOPS

30 Warriors - 540 pts.

FAST ATTACK

3 Wraiths – 123 pts.

SUB-TOTAL = 1013 pts.

Now just fill the list with option one:

5 Destroyers – 250 pts.

8 Scarab Swarms w/ Disruption Fields – 128 pts.

SUB-TOTAL = 378 pts. (leaving you 109 points to spend)

or option two:

4 Destroyers - 200 pts.

4 Destroyers - 200 pts.

SUB-TOTAL = 400 pts. (leaving you 87 points to spend)

Hope this helps. With the spare points, you might want to max out the squad of scarabs to 10, or buy some Flayed Ones/more Warriors. Remember, with option one, 109 points buys you 6 more Warriors/FO.

Let me know what you come up with.

Q:ninja:
    Was this post helpful? Please click the Thumbs Up button to the left if it was. Cheers!

Quannum, funkin' out in every way. Since 1987.

Member death is only the beginning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do u think 6 Flayed Ones will b effective. lookin at what u said i will go with option 1 & thnx for the help.
    Living is easy, with eyes closed.

+ Reply to Thread