1500 fire warrior heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 fire warrior heavy

Ok, heres my army, ill be doing alot battles against necrons imperial gaurds and tyranids so i made this list, ill tell you my strategy at the end of the list:

HQ:
    Farsight-170
    Bodygaurd team-151
    1-cycling ion blaster,burstcannon,targeting array hard multi tracker
    2-Airbursting FRagmentation projector,burstcannon,targeting array,hard multi tracker

Elite
    --------
    Troops
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120

Fast Attack
    -------------

Heavy Support
    3 broadsidesMS, multitracker-255

Railhead(submissuions):disruption pod,multitracker,targeting array,decoy launchers-185

Total:1481

STRATEGY:
    i have my firewarriors out front fighting the main baisis of troops, with 6 squads of them i can mow them down pretty quickly if i concentrate fire, my heavy support can blast away at biggedr creatures and tanks while my railhead helps out with getting rid of the hordes of enemies,but i wasnt sure to make my crisis anti tank or anti infantry, can you guys help me with that? i have 19 point left over so i can play with things a little, and im not sure where to put them

thanks alot

-grimgnaw

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I've never done static, so I can't realyy comment.

But FYI you know the Hammerhead Railgun can use Both Solid and Submunition shots, right?

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

during the same game?
    if so i didnt know that, thanks!
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

Yup, once per turn you can fire either type of shot. Very useful

I like this list, I made one like awhile ago... never actually played it, but the idea of having 72 fire warriors seems like an interesting one to me.

However, in a 1500 point list, 72 might be a little too much -- I'd drop one squad of fire warriors, make the bodyguard suits normal suits as elite choices, which gives you 170 points to work with, and I would add another suit like burst canon/missile pod to each team. Or you could just add a third monat suit and keep the fire warrior team, i think... math :wacko:

And I don't know exactly how well 3 broadsides will do vs Nercs, Nids, IG... only vehicle mounted railguns can fire subs, so they're stuck with solid shot. I can see where that would be useful vs heavily armoured IG or a Godzilla nids list, but otherwise... I dunno, more suits? They're the best

Anyway, hope you do well with this list, put up a battle report :o

Oh, and as to the suit equipping question, AFG and CIB are both very good to have against nids, and I'm sure, IG. So definitely have 2 suits for those, with an additional burst canon. Depending on how you take my advice above, if you end up with 5 or 6 suits, it might be a good idea to make one or two plasma/fusion just in case (but then, with the broadsides, maybe not...), and the rest burst canon/missile pod.
    Last edited by The Salmon Thief; July 31st, 2006 at 20:46.
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Note: I don't play Static, and I never pretended to play Static, so every bit of this advice is coming from a 100% Mech Tau player. Keep that in mind. Also, any advice I give is just that - advice - and I don't expect you to take all of it, or even any of it if you don't want to, I am merely suggesting things.

Right, now on to the list:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgnaw
    HQ:
    Farsight-170
    Hm. Interesting. I think this is probably a good choice, especially when it comes to Necrons. Keep him out of CC against the Lord, though, as he'll have a tough time with him. Get him in CC with the standard Warrior, and it should do pretty well.

Bodygaurd team-151
    1-cycling ion blaster,burstcannon,targeting array hard multi tracker
    2-Airbursting FRagmentation projector,burstcannon,targeting array,hard multi tracker
    I don't know if having this bodyguard team is a good idea, to be honest. They take away Farsight's IC status, which is his best protection from shooting. You might consider throwing these guys into the Elites slot, as Monat Suits, and using one as his "bodyguard" to keep him protected from shooting. Also, if they are going to be against anything with a 3+ save (Necrons) you should invest in some Plasma Rifles.

Troops
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120
    12 fire warriors-120
    Ahh, maxed out troops.. an interesting sight, these days. As a Mech player, I really have very little to comment on this part of your list, but I would suggest a Shas'ui upgrade in each squad, and a Bonding knife - this will give your squads a little bit more staying power, in my opinion. Higher leadership and the ability to regroup even if below half strength will be very useful, and while it is 15 points per squad, I find it to be an upgrade very much worth my time.

Heavy Support
    3 broadsidesMS, multitracker-255
    Decent, but you should probably split one of these into a third squad, as a Monat Suit - this will let him fire at a different target, while the other two hunt others, etc. Besides that, they look like a decent unit. Good at anti-tank, just be wary of their general lack of mobility - you need to set them into good fire lanes right at the start, or they will be missing some shooting because every time they move, there goes the Railgun.

Railhead(submissuions):disruption pod,multitracker,targeting array,decoy launchers-185
    As said already, the Hammerhead's Railgun is like the Missile Launcher. You just take the weapon, and you can pick each turn which type of ammo you use - the solid shot, or the submunition shot. You can use both of them throughout the game.

Hope this helps. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i like the advice, but do you think i should go anti tank or anti infantry with my suits?
    (\_/)
    (0.0)

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well first of all get all of your FW with a 'ui upgrade so you can get your free bonding knife on each and take the bodyguards of Farsight.

Also Lost Nemesis depending on what the necron lord has farsight should be able to kill them as he has superior I and a power weapon plus his plasma rifle. Another thing to remember is he is playing Farsight Enclave so he has some restrictions thus only one broadside squad and one HH (and a couple of other things). Though that reminds me he NEEDS to have one of his suits in his elite section as that is mandatory (though that sould be no problem as he should already).

One last thing Grimgnaw you should upgarde one of your broadsides to a team leader at least so you can get a free bonding kinfe and maybe lose one suit for a drone controler and some shield drones.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

ok, i like the advice, but do you think i should go anti tank or anti infantry with my suits?
    Neither - you should go anti-MEQ (Marine EQuivalents), since you're playing against Necrons. They are good with Plasma Rifles, and you should consider throwing on Missile Pods or Fusion Blasters, along with a Targeting Array (Team Leader upgrade + Hard-Wired Multitracker will let you still shoot all of your weapons). This will make them effective anti-MEQ units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive not had any luck with suits with plasma missile they suck, i can kill anything
    (\_/)
    (0.0)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

ive not had any luck with suits with plasma missile they suck, i can kill anything
    Is it because you can't hit? Because how you can't kill something with a high strength, low AP weapon is beyond me...

If it's because of the BS, then you should consider Targeting Arrays. :yes:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast