1500 pts. need lots of help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

1500 pts. need lots of help

im just starting Dark Eldar and i need help with my list also, i think i have an old codex so please correct me if im wrong any thing.

HQ- 253

-Archon-agoniser,combat drugs, Hell mask,shadow field,plasma grenades, splinter pistol retinue 10 warriors

Hamonculus w/ sisscorhands, stinger (joins grots)

Elites- 353

-10 grotesques

-10 Wyches, Succubus w/agoniser, all 3 wyche weapons

-warp beast pack, 5 beasts

Troops- 669

raider Squad- 10 warriors, Sybarite w/Agoniser, Raider

Warrior squad- 20 warriors. Sybarite w/Agoniser

Fast Attack- 196

hellions- 10 helions, succubus w/ agoniser

Heavy support- 100

Talos

EDIT: This list is being posted for a friend, just so there's no confusion [Hey, wer'nt you jst starting Necrons?].

Last edited by Aether-Moose; August 4th, 2006 at 07:45.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Æther-MØØSE
    im just starting Dark Eldar and i need help with my list also, i think i have an old codex so please correct me if im wrong any thing.
    The new(er) codex is the one with the white skull on the cover. If you don't have this, I recommend you get it.. or, I believe GW might have a FAQ/update on their website, so you might want to check tha tout.

HQ- 253

-Archon-agoniser,combat drugs, Hell mask,shadow field,plasma grenades, splinter pistol retinue 10 warriors
    Your Archon looks fine to me, though the retinue is definitely lacking some punch. You might consider throwing some Incubi in there (more punch) or just leaving him alone to join another Raider squad. If you do keep the retinue, it's nearly mandatory that you give them a Raider, elsewise they will be an extremely vulnerable (and fragile, if you're mainly using Warriors) unit.

Never was a Haemonculus fan myself, but I can see where they'd be useful. :yes:

Elites- 353

-10 grotesques
    Interesting unit, fun modelling possibilities, and definitely fluffy with your Haemonculus. Should be fun to use, if not the most effective thing in the world.

First, they all have to pay the points for Wych Weapons. After that, you definitely need to get this squad into a Raider - they can't take shooting at all, and so need the protection/mobility of the transport to ensure that they can get into CC and wreak some havoc.

I like 'em. Careful not to let them get shot and use cover whenever possible, and they should tear some units up in CC.

Troops- 669

Not bad, but you might consider throwing in some special/heavy weapons - notably, Splinter Cannons and Blasters, for anti-infantry and anti-armour. While Warriors are okay in CC, and the Sybarite will be rather nice, they aren't the best and the enemy should most likely be softened up a little bit before they get into it. Would also be nice to have some extra firepower when holding objectives, etc.

Much too big a unit, footslogging, and with much too little firepower to really make a huge difference. Splinter Rifles aren't the nastiest weapons in the world... To be most effective, most people (myself, admittedly, included) will recommend you drop this squad altogether and instead take two "sniper" squads - 10 men with two Dark Lances (100 points per squad) without any other upgrades. This will help with overall anti-tank.

Fast Attack- 196

Decent, but not the most effective unit in the world. I don't mind them too much, but you might consider swapping them out for Reaver Jetbikes. Just a thought.

Heavy support- 100

Talos
    While I like the Talos, your list is seriously lacking in anti-vehicle and anti-MEQ punch. I would personally recommend a Ravager or two, with Disintegrators mainly. Just me, though.

Your list is overall decent, and kind of "different" which I'm always a fan of, but for effectiveness you're sacrificing a lot. You're relying too much on the fact that your little T3, poor armour save models will get into CC and win - which they won't do all the time. You lack anti-tank firepower, which isn't good at this points level as you're sure to see plenty of tanks.

Don't rely too much on the exaggerated and often overestimated CC prowess of the Dark Eldar - they are still incredibly fragile, and overall very weak in CC, except for special units such as the Talos, Archon, Wyches, and Incubi.

Good luck, and I hope this helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Nemesis, Æther-MØØSE is definately using the original codex not the second edition one. The wyches reveal that one very easily, because in the second edition one the wych weapons have all been lopped together and no longer have the effects they originally did nor are they restricted to only three models in the unit.

Big problem you have here Æther-MØØSE is that because you are using the original codex your point values for certain units will be off. (Namely the archon, if I remember correctly, and the wyches)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

See, that's what I get for being too lazy to grab my 'dex.

Moose, I do highly recommend you check out the GW site for the updates, or just buy the new(er) 'dex. Let me see if I can find it on the GW site..

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Archon-agoniser,combat drugs, Hell mask,shadow field,plasma grenades, splinter pistol retinue 10 warriors

Archon is good, consider punisher for MEQ units though. Warriors are never to be taken into the retinue. Incubi are the ideal choice, anywhere between 5-7 is good but not more. After all, you dont want to overkill and have your best units stranded in the middle of the field in the crossfire. Hamonculus needs a destructor, I was never a big fan of stinger, yet the destructor can be really usefull. You plan to put him with the grots...right?
    -10 grotesques

This lacks focus in my opinion, wyches are good. They need a raider with a disie, all wyches need plasma grenades and wych weapons. I am not sure why you want to combine all three units in the army, usually you take either wyches or grots. If you want to keep em then its fine I guess, but grots need a raider too. Also if you free up some points, a 2nd wych unit will be of great help. Think about it, 2 wych raider units and a grot unit on raider. I see no point of a single warp beast pack, it will be shot to peaces, if they are taken, then its usually more then just one pack.

3 raider squads maybe too much, I would rop one if I were you and equip the other two with splinter cannons and disies. The warrior squad is best to be split into two sniper squads (10 man with 2 lances)
    Worthless, I used them many times yet I do fail to see the good side of these units.
    Talos
    I am not sure what your strategy is with a talos and its slow movement so I would consider a ravager

I know for sure that you used the old rules when making this list, I suggest getting a new codex and rethinking your strategy as far as if you want to be a CC Kabal or more range based, only then pick the units that will suit every roll. The unit selection is a little random right now.

Msg if further help is needed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes thank you for all the help guys. So i did some re-editing here's my list now.

(p.s. im Æther-MØØSE's friend)

HQ- 318

Archon-agoniser, combat drugs, shadow field, hell mask, plasma grenades pistol

retinue- 5 incubi

raider

Elites- 406

10 wyches-plasma granades, succubusw/ agoniser, raider

Troops- 582

10 warriors- 2 dark lances

10 warriors- 2 splinter cannons, 2 blasters, sybrite w/agoniser, raider

Heavy Support- 225

Ravager

Ravager 3 disintegrators

im 31 points over

no clue on what veicle upgrades there are or what they do?

and my hobby store doesn't carry the DE codex any more which sucks a**

and i looked on the GW website and i couldn't find anything maybe im a noob pls help.

thx in advance.
    Hammer time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Quan shi]Yes thank you for all the help guys. So i did some re-editing here's my list now.

(p.s. im Æther-MØØSE's friend)

HQ- 318

Archon-agoniser, combat drugs, shadow field, hell mask, plasma grenades pistol

retinue- 5 incubi

raider

Elites- 406

Troops- 582

Heavy Support- 225

Ravager

Ravager 3 disintegrators

im 31 points over

no clue on what veicle upgrades there are or what they do?

and my hobby store doesn't carry the DE codex any more which sucks a**

and i looked on the GW website and i couldn't find anything maybe im a noob pls help.

thx in advance.
    Hammer time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

You can find vehicle upgrades on the GW website:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/darkeld...le%2Dupgrades/

As for the new(er) edition of the codex, you're just going to have to look around. You might need to order it online - it's very much needed, as things are different. :yes:

edit: For example, your Wyches need Wych Weapons. This is one of the upgrades that makes them so feared in CC, but apparently the Wych Weapons rules are different in the most recent printing of the codex... so....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you lost nemesis for the vehicle upgrades it really helps. i was just looking at them and this is what i found but what is your oppinion these upgrades

scaling nets and slave snares would be fun, but i was wondering has night shieldprotected your raider or ravager good enough for the point cost. screaming jet sound fun for the ravager but kind of pointless for the raider. torture amp is also pointless now with the new rules were skimmers can choose to tank shock or not. what about horrorfex is it good.

sorry about the questions, im in learning mode.

(P.S. will try and get the codex ASAP)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Personally, I've rarely made a list with any of the vehicle upgrades.. they just don't seem worth it. Many players, though, like taking Night Shields for Ravagers. Just don't put too much on your Raiders, as they go down too easily anyways..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast