Solid 2,000 pts. Nids list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid 2,000 pts. Nids list

Has perfect amount of synapse coverage to support your troops. It also is well balnced with close combat and shooting. Each squad had a spesific objective to carry out. For examle the Hive tyrant is focused on taking out infantry and with all its shots being re-rolled it causes armies like space marines to make a lot more saving throws. Also the shooting carnifex is extremly good at taking out tanks and light infantry. And the hormagaunts go in and wreck havoc in the beginning of the game by assulting and hold up the opponent till the broodlaord and cc carnifex come for the kill.

HQ
    Hive tyrant-146
    Enhanced senses,toxin sacs,(2)twin linked devoueres,extended carapace

Broodlord+ (5) genestealers-202
    (9)Extended carapaces,genestealers have toxin sacs,extended carapace, Broodlord has adrenal gland (I), and flesh hooks

Elites
    (3)Worriors-115
    enhanced senses,toxin sacs,venom cannon,(2)deathspitters,rending claws

2 squads of (3)Worriors-120 each squad
    scything talons,rending claws,adrenal gland (I),adrenal gland (WS),extended carapace,leaping

Troops
    2 squads of (14)Hormagaunts-196 each squad
    (14)adrenal glands (I),(14)adrenal glands (WS),toxin sacs for each squad

8 Genestealers-208
    extended carapace,toxin sacs,scuttlers

(16)Spinegaunts-80
    (16)spinefists

(17)Termagaunts-102
    (17)fleshbores

Heavy Support
    (3)Zonthropes-195
    synapse,warp blast

Carnifex-155
    adrenal glands (I) and (WS),bonded exoskeleton,chrushing calws,scything talons,tusked,toxin sacs,thornback

Carnifex-166
    enhanced senses,barbed strangler,venom cannon,spore crysts

Last edited by funkwall; August 10th, 2006 at 03:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Nice nice nice.

The only thing that i don't like, is the huuge amount of gaunts.
    I reckon that a few should be sacrifices to get some raveners, or maybe even a devil fex.

Also, i can see why you've got it, but is Mace tail really all that worth it?

Cool list though, you've given me lots of ideas
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just one thing, take toxin sacs off your shooty fex. It doesn't benifit from it all, and all it does is make the guns more expensive. And why is it on twice?? Otherwise looks like a good list. Personally I'd prefer another squad of stealers instead of one of the gaunt squads, but that's just me. Happy hunting.

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

I would drop one of the spinegaunt squads and take a few things off your carnifexs and just get some nice bare bone stealers. They can be pretty cheap and still do some damage and with enough models they may make it to the enemy.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should i take away the death gaunts and add some beefed up fast attack rippers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really, really think the deathgaunt squads you are using are a bad idea. Stick with spinefists (or fleshborers) and loose the toxin sacs.

The crushing claws on you fex should be replaced with talons. Doing this will save you 17 points, and your carnifex will have (on average) only .5 less attacks. I know this advice may be hard to accept, because those crushing claws are the coolest looking arms that come with the fex, but trust me, they are garbage. I modeled my CC fex with the claws, because they look so boss, but now I play them as "scything claws" (counts-as talons) and everyone I play with is cool with this.

*edit* oops, it looks like the points value for your broodlord squad is off by 3.
    Last edited by InnuitFireman; August 6th, 2006 at 16:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fex's adrenal glands for initiative do nothing unless you have bio-plasma. Think of it...he's initiative 1, but for the glands he's 2. This makes a bio-plasma I:4, which still sucks...General rule of thumb: a fex is going to attack last, so don't waste the points for initiative 2...for that cost, you can have one more spinegaunt. Also, give your thornbacked fex symbiote rippers. For their "expensive cost" (haha) you can outnumber 7 guys 3 to 1. Think of it like this...you charge a squad of 10 men and roll your D6+3 attacks and 4 hit. Then you roll to wound and 1 misses. For the cheap cost of symbiote rippers, instead of them getting a -2 from leadership, they have a -3. It's definitely worth it.

I noticed you only have 6 stealers. From my experience, they never work. A tiny brood of 6 is cut down like butter from a hot knife. Plus, I wouldn't waste any points on anything but toxin sacs and extended carapace on them. Most of the time I don't even give them the toxin sacs because being able to have 12 in 240 points is killer rather than your 6 in 156 points. I myself love numbers, but having 12 genestealers are nice... replace gaunts for more. That's the beauty of gaunts though. I usually work out the points for everything else in my list and leave about 500 points for gaunts. Then, if I change my mind, I replace them.

You might as well give your rending warriors toxin sacs...the extra strength really does do its job, especially for armor penetration on tanks.

Oh, and I was curious...can you actually have two sets of twin-linked devourers? (on your tyrant) If so, that's pretty nice.

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

I'm not a 'nid player, But it is my understanding that you cna have 2 twin-linked Devourers on your Tyrant. This makes for a nasty 12 shots, rerolling misses and wounds. Ow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

You can indeed Moose.
    The Devil Tyrant a scary prospect too. Considering that most marine squads are 5-8 man strong with that amount of attacks you're looking to clear out entire squads at a time. As you know, power armour can only go so far.

It's a shame he can't have a winged devil Tyrant though. :w00t:
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Furbifex
    The fex's adrenal glands for initiative do nothing unless you have bio-plasma. Think of it...he's initiative 1, but for the glands he's 2. This makes a bio-plasma I:4, which still sucks...General rule of thumb: a fex is going to attack last, so don't waste the points for initiative 2...for that cost, you can have one more spinegaunt.
    I disagree. If you face a lot of MEQ's it'll mean striking before powerfists. If it means taking out 3 or 4 powerfists attacks from termies, then it's well worth it. I'd definitely keep AG-I on the fex.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast