1500 pure boyz footslogging - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

1500 pure boyz footslogging

Well 've tried out several things in the past with my boyz, and I like the idea of a mass of bodies just overrunning everything that opposes me. So I cam up with this list in an effort to balance out my love of blowing stuff up and my desire to outnumber anything but guard. So here goes, feel free to critique and dissasemble this list as much as possible. Since I do want it to be effective.

HQ

Warboss Greytoof Grimjaw
    -powerclaw
    -choppa
    -'eavy armour
    -bionic bonce
    -cybork body
    -iron gob
    -frag grenades

Troops

-10 Burna boyz
    -4 burnas
    -mek with KFF

-10 burna boyz
    -4 burnas
    -mek with KFF

-25 Slugga boyz
    -3 rokkits
    -nob with powerklaw

-25 Slugga boyz
    -3 rokkits
    -nob with powerklaw

-25 Slugga boyz
    -3 rokkits
    -nob with powerklaw

-25 grots
    -slaver with rokkit and squighound

Heavy Support

-Looted Leman Russ
    -heavy bolter Sponsons
    -Heavy bolter hull
    -Armour plates
    -Grot riggers

Total 1500

95 boyz
    9 rokkits
    8 burnas
    4 powerclaws
    122 models

My basic plan for this list is to have a the grots form a shield along the front of the horde Have one of the Slugga mobs in the center behind (The boss among them)flanked on either side by the Burnas, so that the entire front may benefit from the cover save. Behind them would be the two other mobs, forming a mob up point if things go bad and support were neeed. The Russ would most likely be placed between the two support mobs behind the boss's unit to support with heavy bombardment.
    This is for a straight up brawl. depending on the scenario, the boyz will be spread out to where they will be most useful. So ideas, criticisms, suggestions. I know I lack a fast element to tie up foes before the boyz arrive, but I think that in most cases I'll be able to overwhelm my opponents with shear force of numbers.

Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here are my personal thaughts on the matter, with 80 boyz you dont really need little grotz. i would suggest replaceing them with a KAn or maybe a dread so atleast you have something hard...... besides that i think its pretty nice you are reallying on getting in close, i love foot slogging myself bro nice to see another

Edit: sorry i always have a hard time remembering those Russes but still a Kan can kick ass in close combat
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

My old list actually had 3 kans in it (and I got my hands on the models) so throwing them in isn't a hassle money wise. However I've often run into problems with them. Besides, I like the little downtrodden grots that make up my force. Plus it seems most of my foes like shooting at them more than the boyz (especially the guardsmen, makes them feel special to be wounding on 3's). So I think I'll keep the misbegoten little blighters handy. Unless something more interesting comes along.

Footsloggin' is da bestest way ta go. Like you said, I really like getting in close and duffing them all up in close combat, my only worry is getting there against my railgun happy Tau friend. The kans may yet make another appearance, so I'll keep them in mind.
    Gargrimz Green Deff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in situations like that (rail gun happy tau) i do believe its worth investing in some Kammandos just to keep them distracted for a turn or 2. as for likeing the little grotz who doesnt they are so cute and squishy and the enemy usually has a nice time blowing off there little heads. My favorite is when theres 1 grot left and you can just imagine him shaking all over:shifty:
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

hmmmm Kommandos. Not a bad idea, by dropping 5 boyz of each mob of sluggas I can scrounge up enough points for a small squad of them, might work, or they might be horrible shot apart fairly early on. I'll have to test them out. That an an oppurtunity to buy the new kommando models must not be missed. :shifty:
    Gargrimz Green Deff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is fairly cool when you give them some rokkitz and tankbusta bombz and get close to some tanks and clap there asses with a man hole cover and watch that SH*T Fly :w00t:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by PainPillz
    it is fairly cool when you give them some rokkitz and tankbusta bombz and get close to some tanks and clap there asses with a man hole cover and watch that SH*T Fly :w00t:
    I've actually played around with the idea in the past, but never had a chance to put it to work. They would definantly put a kink in some of my friends engines (if not a gaping hole.).
    Gargrimz Green Deff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trust me it will put the fattest smile on your face to see the look on some guards face when he sees a russ go up in smoke, 5 Kammandos Vs a Russ i do belive the points come out in your favor:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

hmmm, dropping 15 boyz will leave me with 135 pts, that can potentially be either a full team of kommandos, or perhaps two smaller ones... hmmmm, DAmn, too bad I left my codex at one of my friends places, now I have to try to work out points using old lists on my Laptop...
    Gargrimz Green Deff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pshh why do you need a codex when you have my crzy ass here......:cry: but sadly im in brazil and my codex is 30 hours away in california i will beable to help in 9 days thou :x

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast