1000pts.orks,first time with orks. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts.orks,first time with orks.

As the title says this is my first time playing as the orks.This is also my first post so please excuse any mistakes.i have some expierience with space marines,so i'm not new to 40k.I'll probably be against necrons(my usual opponant).Any suggestions on how to improve my army list are welcome.

Here it is:

Warboss
    mega armor,mega boosta. 100pts.

17 slugga boyz
    3x rokkit launchas,nob+p.claw 204pts.

17 slugga boyz

17 slugga boyz

15 grechin+slaver 54pts.

3 killer kans(what weapons are best?) 135pts.

1 looted basilisk 100pts.

Total: 1001pts.

i hope i have not broken any rules and i look forward to your suggestions.

p.s. I hope i have the right price for the basalisk,i dont have the i.g. codex.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty nice, Here i go: Drop the grotz and give your nobz Eavy armour and Bionik Bonce. Im not sure about the Basilisk but i can tell you most people favor the Russ for a Looted vehicle. im not sure if you really want to give your boss Mega armour unless you bring him a truckk, because it will take a very long time before your able to get him into CC but its all up to you, and you may want to give him a Kombi Rokkit. And also since your going agienst Crons you may want to bring some Flamers or BS
    Good Luck
    Last edited by PainPillz; August 13th, 2006 at 00:17.
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I know, the best bet with Necrons is to wade in and slaughter them in HtH. If you are very shooty - like Ferals with BS3 - then you can just keep mowing them down. As you have BS2, you might outfit your troops with Big Shootaz so you get off enough shots that some of them will kill things.

If you think you can get in close fast, I agree that flamerz are a good idea.

I don't have the Necron Codex, but I am aware that some weapons preclude their We'll Be Back saves. If you know what those are, then w00t!

I agree that the Mega-Armour might be a Very Bad Idea unless you mount him up. I'd say Kombi-something for him so he can start getting whacks in from afar and 'eavy armour instead.

With your Kanz, it depends on your preferences; maybe make them long distance big shootaz. If you think you'll be able to wade into HtH, keep the HtH weapons, but since you've got a buncha powerclaws, you could use them as firebases by twinlinking their weapons instead - twice the chances to smite. Wipe out any destroyers or Necrons with long distance weapons ASAP, then just open fire from outside the range of the Warriors and force a phase-out.

Seems like Big Shootaz are really lacking... put 'em in somewhere.
    Real men* punch dreadnoughts in the face! - Warboss Thrugg *orkses
    LO: 10,058 members ... of which 34 are female (including me). Yeek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've heard of ppl thinking rokkits are better against necrons, as they kill them on a 2+, no save, and they cant get back up. i tend to agree with them because a big shoota hits on average 1 out of 3 shots, 2/3 chance that that wounds and then they get their save and WBB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the suggestions.I'll change the armor on my warboss ASAP.I'm gonna use the kans in cc because even though every gun in his army can glance armor on a 6(a risk i'm willing to take)in cc they cant even touch the kans.I'm also going to use the kans to protect a squad from gunfire(immortals with their 20 shots can be pretty scary).if i put burnas in the squads,should i use them as a power weapon or take a shot running into cc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PainPillz
    Pretty nice, Here i go: Drop the grotz and give your nobz Eavy armour and Bionik Bonce. Im not sure about the Basilisk but i can tell you most people favor the Russ for a Looted vehicle. im not sure if you really want to give your boss Mega armour unless you bring him a truckk, because it will take a very long time before your able to get him into CC but its all up to you, and you may want to give him a Kombi Rokkit. And also since your going agienst Crons you may want to bring some Flamers or BS
    Good Luck
    Why should he give his nobs' heavy armour and a bionik bonce? Especially why against necrons?

With the way targeting works in 40k right now, that nob is never going to be wounded unless all other orks in that mob are killed. If the mob is that low anyway, the nob is as good as dead anyway. I do not recommend the heavy armour and the bionik bonce on each of the nobs.

Also, the basilisk is a fine choice for a looted vehicle as it is cheap, powerful, and indirect. The only thing that the other leman russ tanks have over this is a higher armour value.

For your warboss, I never recommend the mega armour, but if you must keep him, put him in a trukk.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Bruise you take that original list and ill take 1 with my suggestions and i will beat you. I always take Eavy Armor and BB because i play Nids a ton and id rather risk wound on a nob with much better than a 6+ save, And as for his boss with Mega armor i wouldnt say Never take it, if hes playing on a small table with enough cover i think a boss in mega armor would be quiet nice.:sleep:
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Once again we come to point that maximum points efficiency is not always the main objective. Some people enjoy armoring up their characters and champions simply because it makes sense fluffwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painpillz, what we have here is not a question of preference, it is a matter of the armour on the nob actually does nothing.

Even if you elected to put a wound on a nob, it goes to the majority save, so he would still get a 6+ armour save. The only way the nob would get to use that extremely expensive armour save would be if all other orks were dead. The points are much better spent elsewhere.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well considering that chances are the nob will be the last one alive i must say its well worth it to me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast