considering orkzzz [1500] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

considering orkzzz [1500]

i have been looking at the ork army list for over a year or so now, and man da orkzz is da best!
    dawn of war really sold me on 'em. i used army builder to piece together my first orky list, so give it a read and fill me in on all da juicy bitz i aint been told.

hq
    warboss eavy armour bionik bonce cybork body iron gob choppa rokkit launcha

big mek kustom forcefield choppa big horns eavy armour

elites
    7 kommandos rokkit launcha with nob bosspole big horns rokkit launcha

7 kommandos rokkit launcha with nob bosspole big horns rokkit launcha

troops
    slugga squad 15 boyz an nob
    3 rokkits nob w/ rokkit iron gob boss pole

19 gretchin slaver w/ rokkit

19 gretchin slaver w/ rokkit

fast attack
    2x warbuggies w/ twin linked rokkit launcha w/ extra armour

heavy
    killa kan armour plates and rokkit

points, 1503

61 boyz
    38 gretchin
    5 nobs
    warboss
    mekboy
    6 warbuggies
    3 killa kanz

what im going for is lots of rokkits i like the buggies with rokkits alot, is armour plates worth it on them? is it a better idea to get some powerclaws on my nobs? i think commandos could cause quite a bit of discord being up front firing rokkits and lookin for the charge, will they provide a turn of safety for my buggies or kanz? i think dropping the grot numbers might be a good idea, any suggestion?

thanks boyz!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well you do have a lot of Rokkitz....... usually i would say to drop some for BS of Flamers but then i looked at your list and maybe you have enough rokkitz not to worry about BS and Flamers i mean your gunna blow the poo out of alot of armies But if you go agienst a swarm army you will really want to switch to BS and flamers, i always give my Nobz and Boss PKs cuz they are really good in CC and can take down many vehicles(which you wont have to worry about with all dem rokkitz) best of luck i know there are people who will bad mouth what i say but w/e GL
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks matey! im hopeing target priority for my opponents goes to hell after i drop all those rokkits on da table! i would defineately consider giving nobs some klaws, but do i have enough boys to support an outright cc fest? maybe a little one... da kommandos seem like they will cause plenty of problems, but im debating losing two in each mob, any help there? i may drop a grot mob in favour of power klaws or other stuff. im thinking mainly i need more boyz. the buggies should strongly define what type of list i want. burnas in cc seem obscene, but the rokkit out put even with crap for bs should hedge my cc bets at least a bit. i mean 1-2 dead marines each turn before cc adds up in points fast and victory points. can the trukkz tank shock, cause that could be a nasty trick against swarms out of synapse. the allmighty 2+ aromour save monstorous creature could beast on me pretty bad. cc seem my only recourse and if the bugger is t7 im pretty close to out of luck, unless i switch out to power claws.

thanks for any advice in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only real 2 gripes with this list is that the boss doesn't have a fist (which is a matter of personal opinion.. I think claws are the only way to go with bosses) and the fact you don't have that many boys for a 1500 point list.

The best thing about orks (cost-efficient-wise at least) are the raw hordes of boys. Everything else is shaky at best, and should only be used as support. I would definitely run another horde, and maybe beef them up to 16-20 boys for staying power.

EDIT: Oh! and I just realized you have upgraded your nobs only to have them carry rokkits. That is a major no-no. Nobs are very expensive and are made for combat, not shooting. If you just want more shooting capability, take flash gits. Upgrade your nobs with claws, the points are much better spent, I assure you.
    Last edited by Bruiser117; August 15th, 2006 at 20:28.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i strongly agree with what you say bruiser.

gitz is expensive, but they can have another rokkit over a slugga squad. i will defineately consider em. if i take gitz im spending more points per boy without the kustom job or a choppa.

is there a way to take 3 buggie selections and boyz squads in trukkz outside of speed freaks?

so power klaws are to good to pass up huh? would dropping tghe kanz and a gretchin squad in favor of another squad of boyz be adviseable? all nobz will be gettin da power klawz now.
    in my chaos lists if theres an aspiring champ theres a power fist! so when in rome.... power klawz!

more importantly ive upgrade the slugga mobz to have a nob for the sake of the bosspole and iron gob, the additional rokkit just seemed like a little extra punch!

i am starting to consider speed freakz... which is ok for me, but im still kinda sold on the rokkit mob. flash gitz can do this well, but to keep the same count of boyz id be seriously strapped for points elswhere in the list. hmmm i need help. thanks a ton for the advice thus far its got my extra stout upstairs a-brewwin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A nob can have a powerklaw and rokkit. Though i'm not sure you'd want to do that unless you also gave him a bionik arm for the extra attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some things I can recommend;

The Kommandos.. what is their purpose? You already have lots of rokkits, and I think the warbuggies do a better job of nailing weak-points of tanks and maneuvering quickly around the battlefield. I personally suggest dropping them. This gives you 226 points.

Also, just get rid of the rokkits on your nobs. There is another 24 points.

With this 250 points, you can give your nobs claws (75 points) and make all of your boys squads up to 20 and still have points left over.

If you still want more dakka dakka, you drop a pair of warbuggies or the kans and get 2 8 man squads of flash gits with some rokkits or big shootas. I honestly don't think the kans are going to do much. They are only worth their while if you take large clusters of them (6-9) for your heavy support.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find Kammandos are always nice agienst a heavy tank army you give them TB bombs and some Rokkitz get em close to the tanks and maybe pop 1 or 2 right off the bat, and yes you really shouldnt give nobz anything besides Clawz and sluggas (my thaughts anyway)
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I'd try and get points for powerclaws on the nobs.

i like your Kommandos.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread