1250pts friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

1250pts friendly

hq:
    3 warriors- adrenal sac, extended carapace, leaping, scything talons/rending claws- 120
    3 warriors- enhanced senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs, scything talons, 2 deathspitters, venom cannon-118

elite:
    3 warriors- enhanced senses, extended carapace, toxin sacs, scything talons, 2 devourers, barbed strangler-109
    lictor- 80

troops:
    8 genestealers- extended carapace- 160
    2*8 termagants- fleshborers- 96
    2*8 hormaguants- 160
    3 rippers- leaping- 42

fast:
    ravener- scything talons/rending claws- 40

heavy:
    gunfex- enhanced senses, reinforced chitin, barbed strangler, venom cannon- 163
    carnifex- reinforced chitin, tusked, scything talons. crushing claws- 143

ive got 19pts left not sure what to use it for, how well do you think this list will do my typical enemies are eldar, necrons, and dark angels, none of the lists are really tank heavy, the dark angel player has two tanks and a dreadnought, but thats what the rending claws are for, any comments sugestions are welcomed. and i dont have any more models...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

GW has nerfed warriors into steaming piles of crap. Replace yours with a winged hive tyrant or a walking TL-dev/VC tyrant with guard.

Also, another ravener would help so the two of them could act as "sargeants" for your horm broods.

Your CC needs some upgrades. Consider AG-WS and Miasma. That'll give you WS4 while putting your opponents are -1 WS (effectively making you WS5, for all intent's and purpose). Very good against marines and eldar. Against necrons, you need 2+ saves.

Though if you keep things basically the same as they are, "buy" another barbed strangler for your warrior and make it twin-linked.
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

i looked at the FAQ and warriors aren't worse then when they started out, it just means you have to use strategy to win the game. if you really looked at the description for synapse you would have realized that anything bigger then double the toughness would auto kill, and as far as necrons go i've found many of there weapons are'nt wicked high in ap, those that are have few shots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Pathofskulls, warriors ARE worse than they were less than two days ago. How many strength 8 weapons are there? Probably half a dozen. How many strength 9 and up weapons? A lot. How many S9 and S10 large blast template weapons? A lot. Theoretically, in a single round of shooting, a basilisk could kill 120-150 points of warriors in a single shot.

And now not only do you have wasted points, you have a hole in your synapse. An IG army could cripple a tyranid list with three basilisks and six platoons with lascannon heavy weapons and hellhounds.

Also, Pathofskulls, the developer of the new Tyranid codex actually stated that he wanted to increase the usage of raveners and warriors and that his plan was you make them immune to instant death. This ruling makes about as much sense as Necrons not getting WBB at S8 but getting WBB at S9 or higher.

So yes, warriors are not worth their points anymore. Tyrants and carnifexes can do the job better if you can afford them.

PS-The Necrons have, I think, two AP2 weapons. The Staff of Light and the center hole of the monolith blast weapon.
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

even if they have gone down hill a bit im looking for helpful critisism not negortory, my army is going to be warrior based im looking for help with what im aiming for not comments like taking out 70+$ of my army

+ Reply to Thread