Loads of warriors! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Loads of warriors!

so, i just bought my friends necrons, and when i add his warriors to the ones i already own i get a total of 75 warriors. now, the big question is, is it any good to have that many warriors on the field? will 75 warriors be able to beat the crap out of anything? i'm thinking something like this:

19 warriors = 342
    19 warriors = 342
    19 warriors = 342
    18 warriors = 324

1 monolith = 235
    1 monolith = 235

1 lord + res orb = 140

= 1960

i'd naturally change the list a bit to fill up the last 40 points to get a 2000pts list but you get the point.
    could this work? and if so, against what armies? maybe i should use a more modest amount of warriors, say 60 of them, and add some immortals into the mix. what say you?

"I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha nice, Well necrons relie on the cheap anti phase out units (warriors) so you may find it helpful but maybe not to fun
    "His word is power, His future is hope, His cause is..WAR! - Brothers of the 8th Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I have a couple things to say here. If you want to play a phalanx list, fine, but it seems a bit of a bore for me, but again, your choice. If you are playing a phalanx list, you have the right idea, but you need some refining. A Monolith and a Lord with an Orb is an excellent place to start. However, you're really lacking on firepower. With no long range heavy weapons, chances are, you won't be out shooting your enemy. Against anything but assaulty lists, you'll be humping it accross the table. Since your basic weapon, as good as it is, is a rapid-fire weapon, that puts you at a not-so-stellar 12' range while moving accross the board. So, you guessed correctly, you need Immortals. In fact, you need lots of them. Here's an idea for a phalanx list that actually would be a load of fun to play.

HQ

Lord: Resorb, Phylactary-155
    Lord: Resorb, Veil of Darkness-200

Elites

10 Immortals-280
    10 Immortals-280
    9 Immortals-252

Troops

10 Warriors-180
    10 Warriors-180

Heavy Support

Monolith-235
    Monolith-235

Total: 2000

That would be nuts. now, you have great firepower with 29 models shooting 58 strength 5 shots at 30' range (after the 6' movement) You could either deepstrike the liths or keep them as support to your line if your opponent doesn't have much anti-tank, or half and half, you pick! Take one of your Immortal squads and Veil them with the second Lord to bust some tanks if you want. The T5 will protect them from all but the most deadly of templates. And, if not, that's what the Resorb is for. Look, make it your own, but that is an awesome list. The Immortals are expensive money-wise but that's why Ebay exists. Anyway, I'm rambling, good luck, hope I helped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

wow, um, I am guessing the strategy here is to deep strike the monoliths and start to pour out more warriors than your oponent can handle, correct?

Its slow, and reliant on your monolith coming in early game, but I think it could be really nasty.
    Come in , pour out warriors/particle whip priority targets cause general mayhem and doom in the lines of your enemies. I like it. BUT once your monoliths are placed, the list will be abysmally slow, so keep that in mind.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt recommend deep striking the monoliths or using this list for that matter. At the most you have a range of 24", and your warriors are gonna get blown to bits by any team that has a few pie plates up its sleeves. You really need some destroyers for longer shooting distance, or something fast like wraiths or scarabs to take out those priority targets while your warriors advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

thanks for all the answers i'll think this through carefully.
    "I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Ahh, that list would struggle against Big bugs. You need to get 2 lords with Warscythes to help out here and some high strength shooting.

Against some armies it will do well.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard
    Ahh, that list would struggle against Big bugs. You need to get 2 lords with Warscythes to help out here and some high strength shooting.

Against some armies it will do well.
    You really dont want your lord in CC, so warscythes are a bit silly. As for the high strength shooting, i think with the amount of warriors he has, he is bound to get at least some 6's. Only problem is your going to get hurt badly by those pie plates, you really need some destroyers just so that they have the extra range to take out those nasty things while your warriors move into range. Remember they can only shoot 12" if they move that turn, so they are going to be out of range for quite some time on larger battlefields

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cmac2786
    Ok, I have a couple things to say here. If you want to play a phalanx list, fine, but it seems a bit of a bore for me, but again, your choice. If you are playing a phalanx list, you have the right idea, but you need some refining. A Monolith and a Lord with an Orb is an excellent place to start. However, you're really lacking on firepower. With no long range heavy weapons, chances are, you won't be out shooting your enemy. Against anything but assaulty lists, you'll be humping it accross the table. Since your basic weapon, as good as it is, is a rapid-fire weapon, that puts you at a not-so-stellar 12' range while moving accross the board. So, you guessed correctly, you need Immortals. In fact, you need lots of them. Here's an idea for a phalanx list that actually would be a load of fun to play.

HQ

Lord: Resorb, Phylactary-155
    Lord: Resorb, Veil of Darkness-200

Elites

10 Immortals-280
    10 Immortals-280
    9 Immortals-252

Troops

10 Warriors-180
    10 Warriors-180

Heavy Support

Monolith-235
    Monolith-235

Total: 2000

That would be nuts. now, you have great firepower with 29 models shooting 58 strength 5 shots at 30' range (after the 6' movement) You could either deepstrike the liths or keep them as support to your line if your opponent doesn't have much anti-tank, or half and half, you pick! Take one of your Immortal squads and Veil them with the second Lord to bust some tanks if you want. The T5 will protect them from all but the most deadly of templates. And, if not, that's what the Resorb is for. Look, make it your own, but that is an awesome list. The Immortals are expensive money-wise but that's why Ebay exists. Anyway, I'm rambling, good luck, hope I helped.

Sorry mate but that army would be so easy to phase out, you need more warriors than that whatever kind of list you`re putting together.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Exodus
    You really dont want your lord in CC, so warscythes are a bit silly. As for the high strength shooting, i think with the amount of warriors he has, he is bound to get at least some 6's. Only problem is your going to get hurt badly by those pie plates, you really need some destroyers just so that they have the extra range to take out those nasty things while your warriors move into range. Remember they can only shoot 12" if they move that turn, so they are going to be out of range for quite some time on larger battlefields

6's to wound are all well and good but they can still have a 2+ save.

CC is exactly were you want your lords. With there high strength and ability to negate all saves they are the best CC unit in the necron army.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast