1500 Genestealer army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

1500 Genestealer army

Winged Hive Tyrant - 2 scything talons, warp field 166
    Hive Tyrant - venom cannon, scything talons, enhanced senses, toxin sacs 145

Carnifex - 2 twinlinked devourers, enhanced senses 113

13 Hormagaunts 130
    13 Hormagaunts 130
    13 Hormagaunts 130

3 Zoanthropes - warp blast 165
    Carnifex - 2 twinlinked devourers, spine banks, enhanced senses 118
    Carnifex - venom Cannon, Scything talons, enhanced senses, bonded exoskeleton, reinforced chitin, toxin sacs 177

Models: 49

Army Total: 1500

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is it a Genestealer army if it has no Genestealers?

Besides that, nothing much to comment on. The mass of Hormagaunts could use a little work, perhaps replacing one group with a few spinegaunts for wounds? The HS Carnis could use tweaking, in that spine banks and devourers could quite easily be replaced by a barbed strangler, or at least another venom cannon.
    Last edited by Sophia; August 22nd, 2006 at 06:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

I will think about the barbed strangler. I had 46 spare pts, i didn't know what to do.

I don't think I want spine gaunts in there because of the problem of table space. Nids take up a lot of table space as it is. More of the same means the opponent can't shoot at the hormogaunts and not worry about the spinegaunts until later, the more hormagaunts there are the more effective each hormagaunt is. It's the same with the carnifex's.

I named it genestealer army because it's not the type of list that would get any comments on otherwise.
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

299 (x7)

Winged Hive Tyrant - 2 scything talons, warp field 166
    Hive Tyrant - venom cannon, scything talons, enhanced senses, toxin sacs 145

Carnifex - 2 twinlinked devourers, enhanced senses, flesh hooks 114

13 Hormagaunts 130
    13 Hormagaunts 130
    14 Spinegaunts - scuttlers 98

3 Zoanthropes - synapse, warp blast 195
    Carnifex - barbed strangler, scything talons, enhanced senses, flesh hooks 122
    Carnifex - venom cannon, scything talons, enhanced senses, bonded exoskeleton, reinforced chitin, flesh hooks 172

Models: 50

Army Total: 1500
    Last edited by onlainari; August 23rd, 2006 at 07:51.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

A Godzilla list to be sure with 8 TMCs at 1500, not that Godzilla lists are bad - far from it. If I were you, though, I would go all the way with it. I'd drop the hormagaunts, they really aren't going to be able to do much at all. You only have one fast synapse (flying tyrant), which means that either the flying tyrant will have to babysit the horms or they will get out of synapse the first time they charge.

The typical setup for full Zilla lists in terms of troops are either rippers or just regular gaunts to surround your TMCs, preventing them from being charged (and then you're size 3 and can shoot over the combat).

Things I would consider changing for the list, other than the horm's:
    Flying Tyrant - I'd try to add Toxin Sacs, wounding T4 on 2's is great. Flesh Hooks will be good for him, too.
    Walking Tyrant - If you can find spare points, give him the VC+BS combo, very effective at killing light infantry from turn 1... or still shooting light/medium armor with the VC.

Elite Fexes - these guys are shooty, drop the flesh hooks imo. Otherwise, they're good.

'Thropes - If you find these guys run together, or near a tyrant, you can drop synapse on one or two to squeeze out some extra points if you need them.

Heavy Fex - I'd try to make them single roles... Perhaps giving one a VC+BS, the other as a cheap counter charge fex?

Hope this helps some.

+ Reply to Thread