500 pts of shooty eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pts of shooty eldar

It was a tight squeese getting everything I wanted into 500pts, but here it is:

HQ

Farseeer w/ Mind war 55

Troops

5 Guardians 75
    Shuriken Cannon

5 Guardians 75
    Shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack

Viper w/ brightlance 65

Viper w/ 2 SC 70

Heavy Support

Vibro-cannon 80

Vibro-cannon 80

Total 500

The plan is to put the vibro cannons at the sides of my formation so they can cross their fire across the battlefield and slow down as many enemie units as possible while tthe guardians and viper blast away at the enemie with 4 SCs. The second viper will hund down tanks and transports so the vibro cannons can focus on the infantry. If i need to i can send the Viper with 2 SCs around the flank to take out any heavy weapon squads and defend my flank.

A question about heavy weapon platforms: Do you have to pay 40 points for the 2 gunners of the Vibro cannons? Also, do the heavy weapon platforms in guardian squads come with 2 "free" guardians or do u have to dedicate 2 from the squad to be gunners?

If i were to increace the army to 750 pts id probably add some dark reapers to get rid of heavily armourd tropps and add some warlocks to fend off charges from my guardian squads and use his conceal powere to protect them.

C&C appreciated.

Last edited by Bubbaganoosh; August 23rd, 2006 at 02:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cant have 2 SC's on a vyper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah he can, he can take a sc as the main weapon and upgrade the twin linked shuricatapults.
    but i think you need more anti armour. and maybe a scatter laser instead of one sc

randomize

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 12bigo12
    cant have 2 SC's on a vyper.
    SC=shuricannon, not starcannon
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Rex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that's shooty!

Still not cheesy though .. only very, very shooty. Just hope they don't reach you ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by randominium
    yeah he can, he can take a sc as the main weapon and upgrade the twin linked shuricatapults.
    but i think you need more anti armour. and maybe a scatter laser instead of one sc

randomize
    anti armour? in 500 points????

a scatter laser is the same as a shurican cannon for doing armour. if he has the shurican cannon upgrade, he wants to get into range, so the main weapon shruicannon makes no difference.

i'd drop the vibrocannons. they're really not that effective unless in a battery and you still have to roll to hit. all your weapons are 24" or greater, yet mind war is 18", maybe consider guide? would come in handy.

would definately give the guardians a scatter laser instead of shuricannon - they need the protection of the extra range. i'd drop the virbocannons and put in a scatter laser war walker. 2d6 shots? yes please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Mind War wasn't my first choice, but it was the only one I could afford.

I know what you mean about Vibro Cannons not being very effective, but I'm not expecting them to do huch damage, just pin the enemie. But they are pretty damn expensave.

If I replaced the 2 Vibro cannons with a D-cannon and war walker or 2 D-cannons, (plenty of anti armour,) Id have 20 extra points to spend on my farseer, which would probably take the form of Guide and Runes of Witnessing. I'm interested to see how D-cannons work in the new codex, since they've pretty much abolished guess ranges.

As for Scatter Lasers, I probably wont take them. First I dont have the points. Second, SCs are probably my favourite looking weapon while I think SLs look ugly, and to me that pullas a lot more weight than battlefield effectiveness.

The new list will probably look like this:

HQ

Farseer w/ Guide, Runes of Witnessing, Shuriken pistol, CCW 77

Troops

5 Guardians 75
    Shuriken Cannon

5 Guardians 75
    Shuriken Cannon

Fast Attack

Viper w/ Brightlance 65

Viper w/ 2 SHURIKEN CANNONS 70

Heavy Support

D-Cannon 70

D-Cannon 70

Total 502

In the future I'd like to add some Dark Reapers and some warwalkers with 2 Scatter Lasers, (2D6 shots sound too good!) and mabie a Wraithlord to repel charges and b/c the model is awesome.
    Last edited by Bubbaganoosh; October 10th, 2006 at 05:58.

+ Reply to Thread