1500 infiltrate + wings assault army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 infiltrate + wings assault army

My idea is to move broodlors, winged tyrant, winged warriors and scuttled stealer to they all will be on one flank and make more targets than opponent has weapons. Then lock shooty squads in combat and wait for hormagaunts for supporting charge. shooty warriors, carnifex and zoans are anti vehicles and for synapse support.

Do you think this is good tactics?

Broodlord, carapace, flesh hooks, toxin sacks
    5x Genestealers, flesh hooks

Hive tyrant - warp field, wings, 2 scything talons, 2x Adrenal glands, Bio plasma,
    Flesh hooks, Toxic miasma, toxin sacs

3x Warrior, wings, flesh hooks, bio plasma, rending claws, scything talons

3x Warrior, Venom cannon, Scything talons, 2x Deathspiter Scything talons, Enhandced senses, carapace, toxin sacks

6x genestealer, flesh hook, scuttlers

8x Hormagaunt, carapace, flesh hooks, toxin sacks, glands 2x

Carnifex - Venom cannon, scything talons, Adrenal glands, bonded exoskeleton, enhandced senses, Extended carapace, Regenerate, Reinforced chitin, Mace tail, Toxic miasma

2x zoanthrope, warp blast, synapse,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

flanking is one of the best things you can do with tyranids going straight up the middle is suicide, your broodlord and squad are okay, i would try and drop the pts for the hive tyrant, the genestealers only need extended carapaces so that they will survive most gunfire, the extra stuff isn't worth it, get rid of all the extras on the hormaguants, spend those points on more hormaguants, hormaguants aren't made to make it to combat but instead to back up those who can do damage, the carnifex is really expensive he doesn't need all that you got on him, either design him for assault or for shooting but not both, and get rid of the bonded exoskeleton and extended carapace, just give him the reinforced chitin, that way he gets an extra wound and doesn't blow your points. drop the pts as much as possible to get more models in

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by razz
    My idea is to move broodlors, winged tyrant, winged warriors and scuttled stealer to they all will be on one flank and make more targets than opponent has weapons. Then lock shooty squads in combat and wait for hormagaunts for supporting charge. shooty warriors, carnifex and zoans are anti vehicles and for synapse support.

Do you think this is good tactics?
    Sound tactics, but against very shooty or manueverable armies, it might be pretty hard to pull off.

Broodlord is good, though the unit is fairly frail without EC.

Hive tyrant - warp field, wings, 2 scything talons, 2x Adrenal glands, Bio plasma,
    Flesh hooks, Toxic miasma, toxin sacs
    Definitely drop bio-plasma... last thing you want is to hit a squad (remember, from charge rules, you must charge the closest model in the most direct route... so you'll only be in base with 1 model in the first round) and kill one guy with the bio-plasma. The opponent can then remove the one you're in contact with and combat is over.

You could also drop the AG-WS, as with toxic miasma already there, the AG-WS will only help against WS-6 opponents. Unless you regularly fight against statured daemon princes, I'd drop it.

3x Warrior, wings, flesh hooks, bio plasma, rending claws, scything talons
    These guys need AG-I to rend before marines get to go, otherwise they are good (only biomorph I'd consider dropping is bio plasma, as it doesn't benefit from the rending).

3x Warrior, Venom cannon, Scything talons, 2x Deathspiter Scything talons, Enhandced senses, carapace, toxin sacks
    Some good back-line synapse with anti infantry / light vehicle capabilities.

These squads are fairly small for no EC. You'll need to be very careful with your placement or they will vanish fast.

8x Hormagaunt, carapace, flesh hooks toxin sacks, glands 2x
    Too expensive, in my opinion.. Extended carapace doesn't help, as virtually every gun is ap5 so they still get no save from that.

Carnifex - Venom cannon, scything talons, Adrenal glands, bonded exoskeleton, enhandced senses, Extended carapace, Regenerate, Reinforced chitin, Mace tail, Toxic miasma
    This guy is too expensive... Either make him shooty or cc (pref shooty with the rest of your list cc-oriented). I'd give him VC+BS, Enhanced Senses, and Ext Cara - 173 points. Or you can trade carapace for BE / RC as you see fit.

2x zoanthrope, warp blast, synapse,
    Good units, nothing really to comment on here.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for comments.....

good point with WS glands and toxic miasma, I missed that.

I dont have more gaunt models, so im limited with expanding troops (this list is my plan for expansion of my 1000K nids army to 1500) I ordered carnifex and plan to buy and convert flying warriors and flying tyrant. Other models I have.

I really dont know about carnifex config, I want him shooty with WC, and maybe for some late turns charge in troublesome locations. I know that is expensive but I hope that all upgrades help him to survive vith enough wounds to count as scoring unit for objectives.

second verison of army: 1483 points

Hive tyrant - warp field, wings, 2 scything talons, Adrenal glands I,
    Flesh hooks, Toxic miasma, toxin sacs,
    3x Warrior, wings, flesh hooks, rending claws, scything talons, Glands I,
    8x Hormagaunt, flesh hooks, toxin sacks, glands 2x
    8x Hormagaunt, flesh hooks, toxin sacks, glands 2x
    Carnifex - Venom cannon, crushing claws, Adrenal glands, bonded exoskeleton, enhandced senses, Extended carapace, Flesh hooks, Regenerate, Reinforced chitin, Mace tail, Toxic miasma
    2x zoanthrope, warp blast, synapse, 130

+ Reply to Thread