500 Pt. List, is this legal? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 Pt. List, is this legal?

I am total newbie, so forgive me if I mess things up. I was looking through the Eldar Codex, and I wanted to know if this list is legal? I'm just starting the hobby, so I don't know much about what is considered a "reasonable" army.

HQ

Troops
    Guardian Squad 5 units

Guard Squad 5 units

Heavy Support
    Wraithlord w/ Starcannon

Wraithlord w/ Starcannon

Wraithlord w/ Starcannon

Total Points: 500.

I think this list is legal, but it doesn't look like it would win me any friends. Would it be a faux pas to field something like this? Or is it considered acceptable because its legal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you just managed to create the cheezyest list possible. Congrats.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

You're 20 points over (520 points) so, nope, it's not legal. A recommendation to make it legal? Drop the Avatar, add on a Farseer, don't spend more than 20 points of wargear/weapons on him. :yes:

Keep in mind, if you fight anyone with this list they will hate you, and not play you ever again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D'oh, well, teh maths > me. Hurm, sounds like I was getting advice from a powergamer. He told me I'd be stupid not to take 3 WL's in a 500 point game. Thanks for clearing that up!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by VinNorris
    D'oh, well, teh maths > me. Hurm, sounds like I was getting advice from a powergamer. He told me I'd be stupid not to take 3 WL's in a 500 point game. Thanks for clearing that up!
    Most likely. You wouldn't be stupid not to take three Wraithlords.. heck.. most players that aren't power-gaming will recommend that you not even take ONE Wraithlord in 500 points. I know I would, especially for friendly games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

It's legal but thats a really harsh list :/

Try reducing to 1 wraithlord and replacing the Avatar with a Farseer for a more friendly match. The Farseer acts much like a buffer for the rest of the army, so you can count on him for decent support. (May even be worth replacing that last wraithlord with a squad of Dark Reapers.)

With the points spare your could in fact get a Warlock with pistol, combat weapon and Conceal/ Embolden....this way you can combine the two Gaurdian units you already have. This makes a relatively flexible squad, especially if you decide to give them a gun platform.

Anyways, a squad of Dire Avengers would make a solid Core choice, medium armour, speed and weaponary that hurts. They shoot better than Gaurdians but can't be given a support platform, but the plus is they can shoot and assault the same turn, which can mount to some serious damage.

Lastly you will probably have enough points to feild an Aspect unit. Howling Banshees are the typical choices these days for new players but I think either Striking Scorpions or Warp Spiders would compliment what I've mentioned better (Prefering the Warp Spider Choices), not in 500pts you won't be able to feild too many aspects so don't worry if the squad is only 5-8 man strong.

For more advice there's a tactica post on the main Eldar Forums called "New Eldar Tactica" which would help greatly for new players. Note, the new codex will be making an appearance later in the year but because I don't think they'll change the concept of Eldar in general most of the help should still be valid.

New Eldar Tactica
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dire avengers have become nasty assult troops with the new codex, able to fire3 shots a piece before the charge and having an assult-orientated exarch. This means they get 3 shots and then 2 attacks each at a high initiative. The enemie has taken 5 str 4 hits before they've done a thing! Stick 'em in a transport to insure they get there in perfect shape.

The only problem I could see with this is that if they fail to wipe out or nearly wipe out the enemie on the charge they will quickly get bogged down.

+ Reply to Thread