Bad Shootas, Big Moons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    New England
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x2)

Bad Shootas, Big Moons

So, in a month or so I hope to be attending my 1st Tourney. The Tourney consists of 3 games vs different opponents. Each game is only allowed 1.5 hours or 6 turns, whcihever comes 1st (so usually it ends between turns 3 and 5 after the time limit). To compesate the CC armies in this, all games are played on 4'x4' maps. The last tourney was 1500 points, but the next may only be 1000, since a few players at the last one rquested that since they never got past turn 3 in their 1500pt games.

Most likely I will bring a Freaks Army to the tourney (closest models I have to be tourney legal). But this morning the following idea popped into my head:

1000pt Bad Moons

Rokkit Gitz (2 Squads) - 92 per Squad (184 total)
    4x Gitz w/ Rokkit
    1x Nob w/ Rokkit, Ammo Runt x2

Shoota Gitz (6 Squads) - 103 per Squad (615 total)
    4x Gitz w/ Big Shoota
    1x Nob w/ Big Shoota & Bosspole (save for 1 squad)

Looted Basi - 100

Warboss - 100
    Kustom Mega Blasta
    Mega Armour
    Mega Boosters

10 Rokkits w/ 4 Ammo Runts
    30 Big Shootas

Most of the Shotta Gitz Nobz have a boss pole so that units falling back will more easily mob up with them. The Warboss will bumrush the middle to draw some fire (and if he doesn't he fires off his Mega Blasta). No indirect fire on the basi since the boards have minimal terrain and at 4'x4' that 36" min range will hurt.

30 Big Shootas = 90 Shots
    90 Shots at BS 5 = 30 S5 Hits
    30 S5 Hits vs T4 = 20 Wounds
    20 Wounds vs 3+ Sv = 7ish Casualties

And the 36" range means you will get a good 2 to 3 rounds of 20-25+ shooters against most armies. And the fact that they are assault weapons you can juggle them around alittle.

I am likely NOT going to ever attempt this list, but it was an interesting thought...

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x3)

I would take at least a few filler orks, because those 5 precious orks can easily be wiped clean by just about one squad of any enemy's shooting in one turn.
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

+ Reply to Thread