Please review: 2000 Warrior heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review: 2000 Warrior heavy

After finally discovering the awesome potential of devourers, i thought i'd make a list to try to maximize them.... so for your review, i present:

HQ:
    Broodlord + Retinue = 230
    -Extended Carapace
    -Flesh Hooks
    ---Retinue
    ----Flesh Hooks
    ----Extend Carapace

Warriors x 5 = 190
    -Extend Carapace
    -Devourers
    -Scything Talons
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Toxin Sacks
    -Venom Cannon

Elites:
    3 x Warriors x 5 = 570
    -Extend Carapace
    -Devourers
    -Scything Talons
    -Enhanced Senses
    -Toxin Sacks
    -Venom Cannon

Troops:
    4 x Spinegaunts x 20 = 400

Fast Attack:
    2 x Raveners x 3 =240
    -Scything talons
    -Rending claws

Warriors x 6: = 246
    -Bio Plasma
    -Scything Talons
    -Rending claws
    -Wings

Heavy Support:
    Carnifex = 124
    -TL Devourer
    -Barbed Strangler
    -Enhanced Senses
    I realize i could bring more devourer goodness going the godzilla route, but i feel like trying to not run fexes and tyrants for once, plus i want to feel the warrior love. The raveners are probably going to be used for anti tank and/or heavy weapon hunting, the broodlord for a huge target early game and possibly taking on nasty assault units (also could similarily be used like ravaners in a pinch.) The rest i find self explainitory. Enjoy the rest of your day here at universal studios theme park.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

Well... thats broodlord looks like a guy with a kick me sign on him to me...

Anyway. not enough synapse(sp?)

Teehee

Devi only have 12" range, so i can see alot of warriors dying before they can do much, maybe some wings>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Devourer has 18" i thought...... but yeah.... I expect many of them to die and as such, put in the other targets which if not taken care of, could prove fatal, but you may be right. hmmmm....:hmm:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd get Adrenal glands intstead of Bioplasma on those flying warriors.

Only, i'm not sure a warrior-heavy army is a good idea. Warriors are synapse units, and this is the role they play in well-balanced army. Genestealers are better in CC, and fexes are beter for shooting. Gaunts are perfect for tying up enemy units while your fexes shoot and your Genestealers advance. You are loading up on warriors to the poi.nt that their role (providing synapse support) is no longer needed in your army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Have you read the so call "FAQ". Warriors got completly nerfed. You will have a super-hard time with lascannon armies...

-Doom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize that that was when it first came out, but they quickly redid the faq to where it now states quite the opposite:
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/er...yranidsFAQ.pdf

In response to fireman: I realize such and that this list may be a bad idea from its incarnation, but i'd figure i'd at least proxy it to change up the flow a little bit from the more standard list types

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Looks like a fun list to play, but not that competitive. Not enough AV, imo. And if I were you, I'd give the warriors TL-Dev's instead of Dev+ST... with BS3, you're going to want to reroll those misses.

And as Innuit said, those flying warriors definitely need AG-I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, as a marine player with some bug hunting xp, I think the list looks a bit scary. Thats a pretty solid number of spinegaunts to take hits, or even to lay down enough firepower to inflict good casualties if they get ignored and can close. Plus, the large number of Warriors with Raveners also provide so many targets that need to be addressed I'm somewhat at a loss as to what to shoot first. Thats never a good sign so I think the list would work well based just on that.

searching for sheep silentdeathz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by durhead
    I realize that that was when it first came out, but they quickly redid the faq to where it now states quite the opposite:
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/er...yranidsFAQ.pdf

In response to fireman: I realize such and that this list may be a bad idea from its incarnation, but i'd figure i'd at least proxy it to change up the flow a little bit from the more standard list types
    Ye 18" sorry, was thinking bout eldar (had a battle with them in like 20 min)

+ Reply to Thread