Ulthwe 1850 2nd try - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Ulthwe 1850 2nd try

Seer Council (Courtesy Heiromyo)
    Farseer - Witchblade, Pistol, Runes of Witness, Fortune
    Farseer - Witchblade, Pistol, Runes of Witness, Guide, Fortune
    Warlock - Combat weapon, Pistol, Enhance
    Warlock - Combat weapon, Pistol, Embolden
    Warlock - Combat weapon, Pistol, Augment
    Warlock - Combat weapon, Pistol, Augment

256 pts

Striking Scorpions (10)
    Grenades
    Exarch
    Scorpion's Claw
    Stealth
    237pts

Wraithguard (5)
    Warlock
    CCW
    Shuriken Pistol
    Conceal
    208 pts

Black Guardian Storm Squad (20)
    2x Flamers
    Warlock
    CCW
    Shuriken Pistol
    Embolden
    189pts

Black Guardian Defender Squad (20)
    Scatter Laser
    Warlock
    CCW
    Shuriken Pistol
    Conceal
    233pts

Guardian Defender Squad (5)
    Starcannon
    Warlock
    CCW
    Shuriken Pistol
    Embolden
    113pts

Guardian Defender Squad (6)
    Starcannon
    Warlock
    CCW
    Shuriken Pistol
    Embolden
    121pts

Wraithlord
    Brightlance
    120pts

Falcon
    Brightlance
    Holofield
    Spirit Stones
    190pts

Support Weapon Battery (2)
    D-Cannons
    100pts

1847pts

I think my Dark Angel influences show through...

What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

I don't see anything too wrong with that list.
    Just give the Falcon or Wraithlord a Starcannon, and it's all good.
    Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Ok. One obvious thing. Do NOT give a falcon a brightlance. It won't be able to fire it along with the pulse laser. Give it a starcannon and maybe a shurican cannon and it'll be able to fire all it's weapons every turn.

I think you should post how you think your army will play as I'm not sure how you intend all the pieces come together. And having your army work together is much more important with Eldar than Smurfs.

My worry is that what is going to happen is you're going to deploy your scorps in a forward position (where they will be overwhelmed before help arrives) and then you'll march most of your army forward (leaving the D-cannons without any targets).

And I'm not sure how that marching advance is going to work out. I've heard of people doing it though.

Anyway just post how you imagine the army working together.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

I envision that the Scorpions will march forward with the Storm Guardians and tie things up in CC. The huge Defender Guardian Squads and the small Guardian Squads will provide some covering fire and support.

The seer council is mainly fluffy and will support squads where they need it.

I felt that I didn't have enough Anti-Tank in the list, hence the Brightlance on the Falcon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

The only few things I would mention would be the foot slogging aspect your army seems to have. You may find trouble to counter attack some other armies like Tyrannids or Dark Eldar without the aid of some jump pack infantry (warp spiders or Swooping hawks for example).

Also you Storm Gaurdian squad may do batter if reduced down to six models and upgrading the warlock with destructor. This way you can deploy them into the falcon and should any need of major anti-horde/infantry is needed the speed offered by this vechical enables them to drop, deploy and shoot. If used in this respect they don't need to be Black so a regular squad will do.

Doing the above will give you the perfect oppitunity to make you squad of five defender Gaurdians into Black. This way you can reduce the squad size of your twenty man squad to ten and increase the five man squads to ten. Why do I recommend ten? Well this number I find is highly flexible as it allows you to hide your troops effectively in or behind terrain with little struggle that would come from a larger squad. Also they cost less, fairly resiliant size and still have the ability to let off enough shots to hurt, you also gain a fair amount of table coverage with multiple squads this size. With the spare points I advise you upgrade the weapon platforms to Brightlances as you do seem to lack a little anti-armour. I'd keep the remaining defender gaurdian squad with a starcannon though.

The rest seem fine, what I havn't mentioned has already been done so by others

I would becareful of the wraithgaurd, because of their small numbers you may find them being killed quite easily if exposed to the wrong type of units. Because they are walking you may also find them seeing little action. I would recommend replacing this with the warp spiders I mentioned earlier. You will probably find jetbikes quite useful in support of this army, they make great harrasment early on that hurt:

Warlock Jetbike: Singing Spear, Destrutor
    3 Jetbikes: Shuriken Cannon

About 200pts but very useful and has a multi-purpose role, not to mention a fairly resiliant unit due to it's unique hit and run rules.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

+ Reply to Thread