1000 pt hybrid tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt hybrid tau

this is my first attempt at a hybrid tau list

HQ
    shas'el
    stimulant injector
    Multi-tracker
    Plasma rifle
    Fusion blaster
    Targeting array
    107 pts

Elites
    monat
    XV8
    Plasma rifle
    Missile pod
    Multi-tracker
    monat
    XV8
    Twin linked Fusion blaster
    Targeting array
    115 pts.

Troops
    12 fire warriors
    shas’ui
    bonding knife
    1 devilfish
    decoy launchers
    12 fire warriors
    340 pts

Fast Attack
    6 pathfinders
    1 devilfish
    decoy launchers
    5 vespid
    1 strain leader
    271 pts.

Heavy Support
    Hammerhead Gunship
    Railgun
    Smart missile system
    Decoy launchers
    Multi-tracker
    Target lock
    170 pts.
    Total 991
    The genral idea is that the Hammerhead will provide cover as one FW team will Fof in circles around the enemy using the pathfinders to guide all the shots, and have the other static FW team coverd by the vespids incase anything gets too close.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iskate

HQ
    shas'el
    stimulant injector
    Multi-tracker
    Plasma rifle
    Fusion blaster
    Targeting array
    107 pts

I like. It works well. But I personally like Shas'o. Increased BS and 1 more wound :yes: Always helpful. I gave mine CIB and I love it. I dont know if Fusion blaster is the best weapon for a commander. As it requires being fairly close. Thats just my take.

Elites
    monat
    XV8
    Plasma rifle
    Missile pod
    Multi-tracker
    monat
    XV8
    Targeting array
    115 pts.

Fireknive very good IMO for starters, and just a all around config. Even tho it doesnt specialize alot.
    The TL Fusion seems a bit overkill. I would go for helios. But that will wreak havoc on armor if deepstruk. Course 1 shot is a bit bad, but with increased BS, and Twinlink it might make up for it.

Troops
    12 fire warriors
    shas’ui
    bonding knife
    1 devilfish
    decoy launchers
    12 fire warriors
    340 pts

Nice, but if this is hybrid you may want to take another sqaud. Cause at the bottom you say FoF their army which works to some extent. But it seems more Mech Tau then hybrid. I personally take two 10 man squads or two 12 man. and put one in a DF.

Fast Attack
    6 pathfinders
    1 devilfish
    decoy launchers
    5 vespid
    1 strain leader
    271 pts.

I dont like vespid or pathfinders, but if they work for you then go for it

Heavy Support
    Hammerhead Gunship
    Railgun
    Smart missile system
    Decoy launchers
    Multi-tracker
    Target lock
    170 pts.

Like the build, but you might want some more anti armor, but I dunno your TL fusion and commander might provide that.

Total 991

The genral idea is that the Hammerhead will provide cover as one FW team will Fof in circles around the enemy using the pathfinders to guide all the shots, and have the other static FW team coverd by the vespids incase anything gets too

close.

Over all good list, but I would drop the vespid and pathfinders and add another FW squad or another Hammerhead.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by iskate

HQ
    Shas'el
    stimulant injector
    Multi-tracker
    Plasma rifle
    Fusion blaster
    Targeting array
    107 pts

Nice pick for an HQ but you can cheap it up without it loosing anything. The stimulant injector isn't that important. Of cause it is nice to have but not essential

Elites
    monat
    XV8
    Plasma rifle
    Missile pod
    Multi-tracker

monat
    XV8
    Targeting array
    115 pts.

Nice Elite. But I think that both using twin linked fusion blaster and targeting array might be a bit too much. But it will defiantly work

Troops
    12 fire warriors
    shas’ui
    bonding knife
    1 Devilfish
    decoy launchers

12 fire warriors
    340 pts

Nice troops but you don't really need bonding knife and the Devilfish is kind of wasted if you're only transporting one of the teams. I think you will be better set dropping the Devilfish and spent the points on something else. Perhaps another crisis suit

Fast Attack
    6 pathfinders
    1 Devilfish
    decoy launchers
    5 Vespid
    1 strain leader
    271 pts.

This is a hard to use choice. Both piranhas and vespids are hard to use but if they are used correctly they could be very handy and could turn the game in favor for you.

Heavy Support
    Hammerhead Gunship
    Railgun
    Smart missile system
    Decoy launchers
    Multi-tracker
    Target lock
    170 pts.
    Total 991

You don't need smart missile systems on your railhead. Save the points and go with the cheaper two burst cannon config.

The general idea is that the Hammerhead will provide cover as one FW team will Fof in circles around the enemy using the pathfinders to guide all the shots, and have the other static FW team covered by the vespids in case anything gets too close.

Interesting tactic. Could work but quite hard to do and easy to counter for you opponents
    Overall a nice list but you might wanna add another railhead and a crisis suit to your army. Perhaps you should get rid of the vespids since they are hard to use and most often will end up being killed before they earn them self back.
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

+ Reply to Thread