Need Help ASAP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Help ASAP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need Help ASAP

OK first thing great site. I need help with army list. A little info, haved played for about three years my armies include Chaos, Nids, and Necron. Decided to give the good guys a chance. The reason why I really wanted to build Tau is that the game shop that I play at said a T-quality Tau army is impossible. Here is what I am looking at right know in a 2000 pts list.

HQ:
    Shas'O w/ Cyclic Ion Cannon, Plasma rifle, Shield Gen, HW Multi-Tracker, HW Drone Controller(shield & gun)
    Body Guard:2 Crisis suits with Plasma rifle, Missle Pod, Shield Gen, HW Multi-Tracker

Etheral

Elites:
    6 Stealth Suits
    3 Crisis Suits - 3 Missile Pods, 3 Plasma Rifle, Multi-tracker

Troops:
    12 Fire Warriors - 12 PR Bonded

Fast Attack:
    8 Pathfinders(shas'ui) - Devilfish w/ MT and 2 Seeker missles
    8 Pathfinders(shas'ui) - Devilfish w/ MT and 2 Seeker missles

Heavy Support:
    Railhead, BC, MT
    2 Broadsides, SMS, MT
    Ionhead, BC, MT

Would like input. I would like to play in the Dec tourney. I was thinking about dropping some Fire warriors for kroot. I think they could be a good counter attack squad at about 15-20 deep w/hounds.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about marker drones for the squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dark
    How about marker drones for the squads.
    Marker drones would be alright, but seeing as you have PF they seem a bit redundant.

First bit of advice, loose the Ethreal; if you realy want him fine. But generally this is a peice the does next to nothing and causes trouble when it enevitably dies. If you thought Suits drew fire the enemies evil glee at the sight of an Aun should open your eyes.

Shas'o, you can get the same effect for cheeper by taking Shas 'el and giving him +1 BS.
    Body guard; generally not worth it in low point armies.
    And um, you can't take both sheild and gun drones, two of one kind. I Think.

Kroot are a good idea if you know how to use them; infiltrate, stay in the trees. Fully stocked they do take up more points than a FW squad so keep this in mind. Add Kroot hounds.

Have to ask, why you took the Ion Head, I have nothing against it Just most people new to Tau take the Rail gun. Ion is good for taking on those with decent armour but it needs to be close, as Tau close is generally Bad.

Xv88's, be careful, these awesome suits of fire power are actually vulnerable even with a 2+.

Other than this I have nothing further to add, you seem to have given this thought and I assume you have read up on the tactica. Go and figure out your own style.
    I make a point of never laughing at stupid people. They can't help that they're stupid, just as I can't help hitting them.- Aun'Vre

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dark
    OK first thing great site. I need help with army list. A little info, have played for about three years my armies include Chaos, Nids, and Necron. Decided to give the good guys a chance. The reason why I really wanted to build Tau is that the game shop that I play at said a T-quality Tau army is impossible. Here is what I am looking at right know in a 2000 pts list.

HQ:
    Shas'O w/ Cyclic Ion Cannon, Plasma rifle, Shield Gen, HW Multi-Tracker, HW Drone Controller(shield & gun)
    Body Guard:2 Crisis suits with Plasma rifle, Missile Pod, Shield Gen, HW Multi-Tracker

Ethereal

Well I don't like this HQ just one bit. You should never but drones and an IC and the shield generator is kind of useless since he most probably won't have to make saves since he is an IC. And bodyguards just make him looses his IC status as well as the drones does is. You have ended up with a rather expensive HQ that works as a fire magnet. I'll suggest you go with two Shas'el w/plasma rifle/cycling ion blaster and plasma rifle/fusion blaster, targeting array and HW multi-tracker. I find these way better working than one Shas'O with bodyguards.
    Ethereals is normally a very bad chose for HQ but I see that you are using a lot of FWs so it might perhaps works. But I'll rather go with the two Shas'Els than using an ethereal

Elites:
    6 Stealth Suits
    3 Crisis Suits - 3 Missile Pods, 3 Plasma Rifle, Multi-tracker

Well the elite looks good to me but I would suggest that you make monads suits instead of having them in the same team. That way you won't have to make leadership check for being below 50% when one of your suits dies

Troops:

Nice troop choice. A lot of firepower but as you say yourself you could get rid of one of the FW teams and get some kroot with kroot hounds. They work quite good

Fast Attack:
    8 Pathfinders(shas'ui) - Devilfish w/ MT and 2 Seeker missiles
    8 Pathfinders(shas'ui) - Devilfish w/ MT and 2 Seeker missiles

That's a lot of pathfinders. I don't like using them myself but if you know how to use them then they are quite useful. They are just pretty hard to use so good luck with them.

Heavy Support:
    Railhead, BC, MT
    2 Broadsides, SMS, MT
    Ionhead, BC, MT

The only thing that I have to say about your heavy support choice is that you'll need to take decoy launchers and perhaps disruption pods. Decoy launcher are nearly a must take for all skimmers and disruption pods are good for the HH's since they stay at a distance and fires

Would like input. I would like to play in the Dec tourney. I was thinking about dropping some Fire warriors for kroot. I think they could be a good counter attack squad at about 15-20 deep w/hounds.

I'll say just use 10 kroots and some kroot hounds. If the kroot teams gets too big you can't hide them in cover and make use of their field craft special rule which is what they do best
    Except for the HQ you have made a good list that could work alright. But I'll suggest that you do something with your HQ because as I see it it don't work.
    And get at least decoy launchers on your skimmers that upgrade will save them many times.

I hope this helped you
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info, will post a new list soon.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I'll just wait for your next list, just make sure you pout it in the Army List forum.

Mike

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

As stated.. in the future, please post army lists in the Army Lists subforum. I'll go ahead and move the topic..

~Thread moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shield Drones for the broadsides would help with that pesky vunerability. Shield drones are an extra wound with an invunerable save. Hope this helps.

Good Hunting

Knight
    At the battle of Thermopylae, the king of Persia demanded the surrender of the Spartans and had sent a messenger to ask for their swords. The King of the Spartans replied with, "Come and take them"

+ Reply to Thread