750 pt craftworld friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 pt craftworld friendly

this is my first try at a 750 pt eldar army list. i would appreciate any tips, critiscisms or comments. thanks! randomize

HQ:
    Farseer(x1)-singing spear, runes of witnessing, rune armour, fortune
    83 pts

Warlock(x3)-witchblade, rune armour, (x1) destructor, (x1) conceal, (x1) enhance
    128 pts

ELITES:
    Howling Banshees(x6)-shuriken pistol, power weapon -in a falcon
    96 pts

TROOPS:
    Rangers(x5)-shuriken pistol, ranger long rifle
    95 pts

Guardian Defenders(x14)- shuriken catapult, starcannon (x1) -warlock w/ conceal
    146 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Falcon(x1)-twin-linked shuriken catapults, pulse laser, bright lance, holo-field, spirit stone
    180 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was reading the codex over the weekend and came up with numerous changes. not that any1 reply's. oh well.

HQ:
    Farseer(x1)-singing spear, shuriken pistol, runes of witnessing, ghosthelm, rune armour, fortune
    89 pts

Warlock(x3)- (x2) ccw, (x1)witchblade, (x3)shuriken pistol, rune armour, (x1) destructor, (x1) conceal
    88 pts

ELITES:
    Howling Banshees(x6)-shuriken pistol, power weapon -in a falcon
    96 pts

TROOPS:
    Rangers(x3)-shuriken pistol, ranger long rifle
    57 pts

Guardian Defenders(x7)- shuriken catapult, starcannon (x1) -warlock w/ conceal
    90 pts

FAST ATTACK:
    Vyper Squadron(x1)- twin-linked shuriken catapults, shuriken cannon
    50 pts

50 pts

50 pts

HEAVY SUPPORT:
    Falcon(x1)-twin-linked shuriken catapults, pulse laser, scatter laser, holo-field, spirit stone
    180 pts

total: 750 pts, 20 models, 4 vehicles

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Alright I think you'll be disapointed by the farseer + 2 warlock squad for the points. It looks like they're geared for close combat but they're going to have a hard time surviving a charge from an imperial guard unit much less an attack squad of equivalent points.

I'd say ditch the destructor and enchance warlocks. This way you can attack the farseer to the guardian unit and use fortune on the squad (and therefore himself as well). So they'll always have a 5+ re-rollable cover save.

I'd use the extra points to.

1. Put starcannons on all the vypers (or at least some other weapon, any other weapon, at the very least you should have an extra eldar missle launcher,scatter laser, and bright lance).

2. Add a guardian or two to the unit depending on how many points are left (or maybe put a shurican cannon on the falcon since you're planning to bring it in close anyway).

This should actually save you some money since you can't just get five guardians (except by trade or something) and you'll have spare shurican cannons, but you'd have to buy the warlocks seperatly.

Also on the issue of getting value for your dollar you might want to consider the eldar army box. It dropped in cost a while ago. Granted you might get some units you don't want to use now, but you might want them later.

If you don't get the army box don't buy a falcon, buy a wave serpent or fire prism. Both of those boxes have all the stuff for a falcon but also come with bits to make them into the other vehicle and some other stuff. Just don't glue stuff toghether to firmly (maybe even use some rubber cement in spot or dilute the glue).

Anyway I think this will be a fun freindly army. The falcon, and guardians will give you some resiliance. The banshees will give you a cc option. The rangers will test your deployment skills. And the vypers will soundly test your tactics (hint move them so they can shoot at a target but no fire gets returned at them.)

The nice thing about an army like that is that if an opponent gets whiny you can try switching armies and beat them soundly.

+ Reply to Thread