Welcome to Librarium Online!
Dracon-Agoniser,Splinter Pistol, Shadow Field
9 troops- 2 splinter cannons
10 troops- 2 splinter cannons
10 troops-2 Dark Lances
This is my first DE army, please rate it 1-10 and give suggestions, Im going for a nice 500 point list here.
I have about 90$ to spend.
Not bad for a 500 point army. But there are a few adjustments you need to make:
1. Try not using the talos. It can only move 6" a turn but it will take about 3 turns to get into combat. Most likely, it will get blown to bits before it can get into assault. Any heavy weaponry can take it out easily and I think it is a waste of points in a 500 point army list. Try substituting the talos for a raider.
2. If you don't plan on using a raider, you would probably want your HQ to get inthttp://www.librarium-online.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=777719o CC as quickly as possible. If you want to fleet of foot your troops, forget about the splinter cannons in your retinue squad because you they will do almost nothing.
3. Try and give your dracon combat drugs. When your dracon gets into CC, combat drugs will be very useful to you. It is almost a must if you want your dracon to live longer.
4. Upgrade one of your DE warriors to a sybarite in your splinter cannon squad. That way he can use any wargear. Also, it is better to have wargear on your sybarite because he can not be singled out in CC, which means that your opponent must kill all the other DE warriors before attacking your sybarite.
Other than those adjustments, your army is fine.
-The Dracon needs Plasma Grenades but is otherwise well equipped for a 500 point list.
-Raider Squads may only field 1 heavy and 1 special weapon.
-10 warriors with splinter rifles is fine I guess if they stay in cover but on the move will probably get shot up before they are of use. And since they only have 24" range they aren't super useful just sitting in cover so I would find a way to make this squad bigger at least.
- The Talos would work well in an all infantry list but with your Lord in a Raider the CC will happen too far ahead of the Talos in most games.
War Record Since Sept 2005
Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar
I'm going against the grain and i'll say keep the talos in the 500pt list. Why? because most armies will pack very few lascannons/missile launchers in a 500pt list, and then trying to get 3 wounds on a T7 with those few weapons will be tough, especially if you concentrate your fire on those units with AP3-, they will probably crumble under the fire from the sniper squads.
Also, deployment will play a key role. The talos, being your only heavy will be the first thing you place on the table, so naturally your opponent will deploy his heavy weapons in a position to get clear firing lanes on the bugger. from here you can place your sniper squads to counter his anti-talos weaponry and promptly you can blow the f*** outta them! =)
2000pts Orks 4-2-1
Oh man I posted this so long ago, I don't use this list anymore, I now run my Archon in a 5 man jetbike squad, and use a ravager as support, I like em more than the talos, the disintigrator really packs a punch.
You guys would be surprised what I fight, I play my rival a lot, he runs a havoc squad, a whirlwind, and a lot of heavy weaponry.
Last edited by KabalOfTheDecayingSoul; November 24th, 2006 at 02:04.