[1000] Local Tournament List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

[1000] Local Tournament List

I tried to gear this to be anti-MEQ, since that's what everybody's doing these days. Also, I'm trying to keep my army gun-free, even though my Zoanthrope's may be breaking this rule a little.
    Please be as critical as you want, I would like to win with this list. :yes:

EDIT: LOOK DOWN FOUR POSTS FOR REVISED LIST

Last edited by Abraham Lincoln; October 20th, 2006 at 17:14.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds like an army I would play
    so from my expierence here is my advice.
    this list looks pretty good, but my opinion of a CC list includes lots of genestealers. I would replace the hormagaunts and rippers with genestealers as they are much stronger in CC. Also, be prepaired to lose your broodlord before he makes it into CC I field him often as a distraction because he almost never makes it to CC. One last thing, I would forget about upgrades for troops as you can then field more troops.
    hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

I agree with you about the Broodlord. He is such an obvious priority that he gets hit pretty hard. Based on that, I was hoping that the BL and his big retinue would draw some fire from everyone else.
    Last edited by Abraham Lincoln; September 30th, 2006 at 23:07.
    Armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion I never use a broodlord at all, but if you using him a distraction, don't put biomorphs on him or his retinue. That's the magic to a scary look at me unit, don't invest too much on them.

I will probly get run off the nids board, but I also never use Hormies. I just prefer getting almost double the numbers worth of gaunt for the cost.

I also run minimum squads of stealers, so I can take more units, they tend to be VERY high on enemy shooting priority list, and they are pretty easy to AP.

Everyone has a tyrant varient they love, that's how you like him, cool.

Every list I run over 500, has at least 1 Carnifex with Barb Strang, Venom Cannon, Enh Senses, and Reinforced Chitin. Very good versus vehicles, or troops alike.

Again, I don't like spending a 1/4 of my army on a distraction..... lol

Good Luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Here's a revised list. I took your advice about adding more genestealers, split up in smaller units and cut out the rippers and some power-hormies to make room.
    I'm not big on carnifexes, they're too slow to be that good for assault, and I don't want to have any guns in my army. Just because.

HQ #1: [182]
    Hive Tyrant w/ wings, toxin sacs, flesh hooks, warp field, 2 sets of sythes

HQ #2: [183]
    Broodlord w/ toxin sacs, flesh hooks
    5 genestealer's w/ carapace

Troop #1: [80]
    8 Hormies

Troop #2: [80]
    8 Hormies

Troop #3: [104]
    8 Hormies w/ AG(I), toxin sacs

Troop #4: [120]
    6 Genestealers w/ carapace

Troop #5: [120]
    6 Genestealers w/ carapace

Heavy Support: [130]
    2 Zoans w/ synapse, warp blast

Thanks for the advice so far!
    Last edited by Abraham Lincoln; September 30th, 2006 at 23:09.
    Armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

I played a similar army in my first battle against space marines and was defeated before id even made one kill! SM got the first turn and used his heavy troops to kill one unit of my thropes. A squad of 7 bikes and a predator tank reduced my Winged Tyrant to 1 wound and a psychic leader wiped out a further 2 of my gaunt squads. (he used some psychic power that traced a line to the edge of the table and said that any units touched by that line took wounds on all models. i thin he was cheating but didnt say anything with it being my first real battle) and a predator tank.

On my turn i could only move into cover and take a few shots that didnt manage to kill anyone and on turn two he wiped me out, barring a few staggelers and a zoanthrope.

I have no advice for what you should do , i only know thatr against SM i was severly beaten with an almost identical army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Having first turn is crucial. I played a similar game against chaos and they got first turn. It looked like I was going loose but I pulled through with some good rolls and eventually came back and won. I sill have to stress that you loose the upgrades on your brood lord and retinue. I know how hard it is to have them unarmoured but it is necessary as they will probably take the most fire. My broodlord has rarely ever made it in to combat and has probably only ever scored about 5 kills ever in my playing career (mainly against Orks).

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Well IMO you are gimping yourself in not taking tyranid guns as they are very very good. Though if you want to go on theme I understand though you will have a hard time taking out skimmers (which IMO will be the death of your army speeders with HB and AC will just mow threw your small units and you have nothing that can really take them out).

Really not too much you can change except maybe add in a few ravs as they can be really mean and effective though tricky to use (5+ save and 4T don't make them supper tough nor friends with bolters...) though the speed they give is awsome. Just give em rending claws and they will eat those SM squads armor not to mention you can skip their rapid fire altogether (yay for beast movement).

Though I disagree with daroc on tuning down you broodlord. His retinue should at least have EC so they can actually take a bolter to the face and if he does get into CC he can rip apart units for sure.

You may also want to add more numbers to this list though probally unlikely as it would be hard to find the points for it though I do recomend a look at ravs as they are IMO one of the most underated and underplayed units in the nid codex.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Thanks for all the advice. I agree that landspeeders will be a b*tch to deal with, but hopefully either my ZT's or Tyrant will eventually take them down. I also really like Lictor's advice about the ravener's - I've been thinking the same thing, and they are next on my shopping list for sure.
    I guess I could take toxin sacs off my BL, but in the hopes that he just might make it I think I'll leave it on. That would really only get me one more hormie anyways.
    Where's that guy with the cartoon space-monkey for his avatar? He was posting here a couple months ago about how unbeatable his 'no-guns' army was. I'm open for any suggestions on making it work, I'm basically just planning on overwhelming my opponent with numbers. He has 1000 points, and 2 turns to gun down 24 hormogaunts, a flying hive tyrant, and the Broodlord and retinue, as they're all betting on a 2nd turn charge. If he can do that, he wins. If not, he's tied up and my genestealer's will be there soon.

I think I'll go do some math on it now, I'm hoping that I'm presenting a challenge with so many units that need to be obliterated so quickly.
    Armies:

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln View Post
    Thanks for all the advice. I agree that landspeeders will be a b*tch to deal with, but hopefully either my ZT's or Tyrant will eventually take them down. I also really like Lictor's advice about the ravener's - I've been thinking the same thing, and they are next on my shopping list for sure.
    I guess I could take toxin sacs off my BL, but in the hopes that he just might make it I think I'll leave it on. That would really only get me one more hormie anyways.
    Where's that guy with the cartoon space-monkey for his avatar? He was posting here a couple months ago about how unbeatable his 'no-guns' army was. I'm open for any suggestions on making it work, I'm basically just planning on overwhelming my opponent with numbers. He has 1000 points, and 2 turns to gun down 24 hormogaunts, a flying hive tyrant, and the Broodlord and retinue, as they're all betting on a 2nd turn charge. If he can do that, he wins. If not, he's tied up and my genestealer's will be there soon.

I think I'll go do some math on it now, I'm hoping that I'm presenting a challenge with so many units that need to be obliterated so quickly.
    Ah you speak of rikimaru yes from the way he gloats his army it seems to be pretty mean. Though he rellies on a lot of units attacking all on turn 2 basically so overwhelming numbers on turn 2. What he generly does is give all his stealers EC and scuttlers, hormagaunts, flying warriors, and winged HT. I think that is the jist of it though each unit can become quite expensive so each guy lost is quite a few points down though you only have to survive one shooting phase usually.

Other models that may work in the army (not too sure as I have more experience with TMC right now but I still have a good idea of the other units) is gargoyles and ravs as both are pretty fast and don't relly on synapse comepletely and maybe even rippers with wings (though they are too expensive for even tastes though 3 wounds flying around probally could be usefull). Though another key thing to this type of army is no slow units so no fexs or zoanthropes. Though now that I think of it you may not have too many chances to take ravs and gargoyles since you need the FA slots for warriors to keep the hormagaunts in line.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast