1500 Tourney! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1500 Tourney!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Tourney!

The tourney is coming in a month and me and a friend of mine (that dosen't play nids .. ) made a list that is going to be tested.

HQ

Broodlord
    -Extended Carapace
    -Toxin Sacs
    Retinue: 8xStealers /w Extended Carapace

ELITES

2xLictors

TROOPS

3x8xStealers
    -Extended Carapace

2x10 Ripper Swarms
    -leaping

FAST ATTACK

3x1 Raveners
    -Rending Claws & Scything Talons

HEAVY SUPPORT

3x Zoanthropes
    -Warpblastx3
    -Synapsex1

I don't have much synapse but I don't really need that much. The BL is synapse so he dosen't need any , the stealers don't need any either, the rippers the same. The Raveners need it, but have leadership 10, and if I fail, I must run towards the nearest synapse... and I'll try to put my BL to be the nearest . And the Zoanthropes have 10 and there's one with synapse. I will put the one with synapse in the middle of my army so he can cover as much ground as possible and the BL will try to get a flank and the lictors the other flank, while the Rippers and Stealers charge forth! (Rippers are there to block the LOS) Raveners have a low Sv, but they have 5 rending attacks / charge so that's alot! I will test this list tomorrow vs Chaos and will give you a feedback. BTW, what should I squeese in the 55 remaining points? Thought of synapse, but don't know if it's worthy ... some upg for the rippers? some upg for the stealers? what?

Last edited by holo; October 11th, 2006 at 18:51.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

the only thing i see is the zoanthropes, as far as my knowledge goes zoanthropes all need to take the same psychic abilities, but other then that i think the list looks pretty good, but im sure some one else will find something wrong with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope, zoans don't need to take the same psyhic power. Keep the feedback coming

EDIT: pls post some comments !! plsss ...
    Last edited by holo; October 12th, 2006 at 18:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played my first match today with this list and sadly lost, but it was close ... and I lost because of some bad moves that I made. Firstly I moved my BL really bad, that he got charged in the first turn by a khorne dreadnought and he kinda died... Another stupid thing that I did was not shoot the normal CSMs(with the zoans) that had the icon that summoned the Bloodletters .... I was shooting after the Landrider.... -.- The Lictors did pretty well... one destroyed the LR and the other one got killed by the Dreadnought... I allways rolled 2 or 3 6s on the to hit roll and none at the AP roll.... He had a Deamonprince and a Bloodthirster. The Deamonprince died rather quickly because he went into rage and had to charge the nearest unit .... that were rippers .... He was blocked there for a round and the next round I charged him with 2 raveners and 1 squad of stealers. I managed to do with them 2 wounds (out of 3 i think ... if not 3 out of 4 ... ) and the last wound was taken by the awsome and unbeatable Rippers of death :rolleyes: :ninja: . My 3rd ravener charged the dreadnought that had consolidated into another squad of stealers that wanted to charge him but I forgot to declare it (again a stupid thing ... but won't happen next time... ) I love rending.... but I hate rending against Vehicles ! BLEH! :x I rolled 5 6s out of 5 with my ravener!!!! 5 RENDING ATTACKS! but they all were at the "to hit" roll and not at the "AP roll". And the last stupid thing that I did was that I moved forward my last 5 stealers ( towards a ruin, but I forgot that the ... damn ... can't remember how's it called ... the one with Battlecannon and Reaper autocannon and heavy flamer) had the heavy flamer ... and he killed all my stealers...

Anyway, the game was lost because of some stupid mistakes that I made, but better to make them now than at the tourney. And I still had that point difference that I have to fix

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

i think you might be wrong about that, although zoanthropes operate independently it(codex) says nothing about the zoanthropes being able to choose different hive mind powers

alright i was wrong about the powers, i had never really looked at them as being able to take different powers
    Last edited by Pathofskulls; October 13th, 2006 at 01:06. Reason: made mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Well, this isn't a very practical list to be taking to a tournament. I'll list some problems:

The broodlord is not a good choice as there is always a chance you'll play a game where infiltration will not be allowed.

The ripper swarms along with the genestealers are an interesting choice. Rippers are, by definition, basically tar units. However, genestealers will actually move faster than them making them somewhat useless. Still, they're fun in sewer rat CoD maps, though I'd split from 2 10s to three 6, 6, and 8 for filling out your troop slots.

Nothing wrong with your raveners, just keep in mind that since you have so little synapse on the board, they'll be susceptable to instant death, and in CC, that means a lot of stuff (powerfists, also, lictors are also S8 bait).

The greatest, glaring weakness in your list is anti-vehicle. Just about all your anti-vehicle is close combat rending, which is fine for dealing with marines, but they just don't cut it, especially against Tau and other skimmer heavy lists. Also, warp blasts are unreliable and extremely short range.

Your 280 points in rippers could be replaced by almost 50! termagaunts and termagaunts can take on light vehicles and with a swarm that great, they'll actually outshoot a variety of enemies--plus, many vehicles are AV10 on the back.

I'd remove one zoanthrope, give the other one synapse (for total of 130 points), drop a genie squad, drop three stealers from the broodlord's retinue, drop toxin sacs from the broodlord (if you need points, just keep in mind he's an IC and that means he can't hold objectives or capture table quarters or whatever) and get some monstrous creatures. Heck, winged hive tyrants are usually better than broodlords and a good ole sniperfex will go a long way with helping with your vehicle defficientcies (I know I mispelled that, but it's late).
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lictors did pretty well in this game, but it won't be the basis of my anti-tank troops. The Zoans are good too, rending also. I used to play with a winged HT but because all the people I play against know what a threat he is, he's target #1 and he dies like in turn 2. The Broodlord is again a big threat. but if I infiltrate it in 6" of cover he won't be able to shoot me. And he will be able to protect a flank. If the enemy comes close to him, he will jump out of cover and kill him. If not, they will move away from him, and towards my masses of stealers/rippers and raveners Though the ideea with 6 6 8 rippers sounds good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, are you sure his list is legal? LR, Dread, Daemon Prince, Deflier, and 2 CSM squads all for 1500 pts? damn chaos is rediculous. Anyway, I would have dropped the rippers for spine or termagaunts. The rest of the list seems fine to me. And are you sure you used the rending rule correctly? The "To Hit" roll is where you want all 6s, and since weapon destroyed and immobilized stack so that eventually the vehicle is just counted as destroyed. If you rolled 6s on the "to hit" roll then you should be glancing 10 armor, and the additional 5 d6s should have destroyed any vehicle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Rending works differently against vehicles. You do it on the AP roll is when you want 6s. Hence why rending is especially bad against skimmers--needing 6 to hit then another 6 to actually do anything...well, you know.
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, yes you need a "to hit" roll of 6 on skimmers that moved at least 6 inches, but a group of ten stealers have 30 attacks. How do you have a problem getting kills? I usually kill the vehicle like 3 times over with one unit of stealers. It not that difficult. I love rending in all its forms, its the best tool tyranids have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast