Help on 1850 Tourney! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Worcester, MA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

84 (x2)

Help on 1850 Tourney!

I'm playing in an 1850 pt tournament this Saturday (I usually play 2000 games) against a variety of opponents, and I just wanted some feedback on the list I've put together. It's very similar to my 2000 pt list, but advice could help. Any and all comments are appreciated so I can fine-tune the list.

Game-wise, I play the list structured to be a pretty heavy VP denial mech list, even though it doesn't often play that way (I attack pretty hard more than sit back and JSJ most of the time). Fluff-wise, I'm playing a student of Farsight who broke away himself, and is now trying to reinstate himself in the greater good by sacrificing himself (hence the name & suicide-type weaponry). I'm trying to balance a slightly fluffy list with a good playable list so I don't get creamed on soft scores. Is the list too cheesy?

My own criticism might be regarding the number of crisis I have. We will be playing on terrain heavy boards (25-30%), so I'll have enough terrain (and after my vehicles start to go down, I'll have more ). But I've been trying to fit in a team of stealth (6 for 180 PTs) to lighten the load on the crisis and for infiltration, but I can't seem to find the extra pts after dropping my Shas'O to a shas'el Helios (saving 38 pts) and transferring the crisis team 3 (139), I'm 3 pts short. Feel free to find those 6 points for me if you could.

Comments & Suggestions?

HQ - 232 pts (12%)
    Shas'O Y'he Shai'is - 135 (CIB/PR/VRT/SI/HWMT)
    I know you guys don't like this layout, but I have the points. I'll change him to a Helios (saving 38 pts, if we can find 3 more)

Shas'el M'yen Ka - 97 (PR/FB/TA/HWMT)
    Helios commanders work pretty well for me, and I'm getting better with them as well. Nothing like toasting 3 marines with your commander who can't get shot at back because of the Devilfish closeby.

ELITE - 417 pts (23%)
    Crisis Team 1 - 139 (2 Crisis: TmLd/TA/MP/PR/HWMT & PR/MP/MT)
    Fireknife configs work the best for me, as I like to keep these guys 30" away.

Crisis Team 2 - 139 (2 Crisis: TmLd/TA/MP/PR/HWMT & PR/MP/MT)

Crisis Team 3 - 139 (2 Crisis: TmLd/TA/MP/PR/HWMT & PR/MP/MT)
    I would like to find a way to convert this unit to a unit of 6 stealths. Suggestions?

[UTROOP[/U] - 480 pts (26%)
    Mounted Firewarriors - 240 (12 Firewarriors, 1 Warfish [SMS/TA/MT/DL])

Mounted Firewarriors - 240 (12 Firewarriors, 1 Warfish [SMS/TA/MT/DL])
    I have to have them in the army, so here they are. I love the warfish as they can see but can't be seen.

FAST ATTACK - 216 pts (12%)
    Pathfinder Squad - 216 (8 Pathfinders, 1 Warfish [SMS/TA/MT/DL])
    I find these guys really help augment the rest of the army. I actually don't usually leave them on the board past turn 1 (if they survive). I use them as a sort of back-up FOF from 18" away that pins, too.

HEAVY SUPPORT - 505 pts (27%)
    Railhead Gunship - 180 (RG/SMS/TL/DL/MT)

Railhead Gunship - 180 (RG/SMS/TL/DL/MT)

Ionhead Gunship - 145 (ICG/SMS/TL/DL/MT)
    Pretty typical HS selections, and I love the SMS. Who doesn't like to move 12", and still shoot everything you have at 2 different targets?

TOTAL: 1850

"Listen up you primitive screwheads ... see this ... this is my BOOM-stick!" - Ash

"I told you, it's not Pink! It's Light Red!" Donut on his new power-armor.

2. Remove Advertisements

Kentucky, USA
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

38 (x1)

If you really want the stealth team take a Deathrain suit instead of a fireknife in one of your squads (Twin linked missile pods). That drops the price down enough to fit in the team if you also drop the Shas'O to a Helios Shas'El, while having minimal firepower reduction one shot, AP 2 or not, probably won't sway the battle one way or the other much. The Deathrain also means that your two missile shots will hit more often. This will even leave you with a couple points to play with, say five -maybe-. If you think you may run into a Night Fight scenerio, perhaps you should use whatever spare points you may or may not have to put a blacksun filter on a hammerhead, IF you think you might run into nightfight.

Or give it disruption pods or something, I don't really know. I didn't do all the math, but I think that is the best way you can get a stealth team.

Of course, other's thoughts might prove me wrong...
    "My capacity for hard work is immense. It's my willingness to do said work that's lacking..."

Fluffmaster Clan Member

Shas'El A'ava Mont'Ein D'ran O'Kroot - Tau Fluff HERE

+ Reply to Thread