Great Knarlocs worth it? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great Knarlocs worth it?

I was thinking about using them, perhaps one heard with goats, and one with bolt throwers as 2 heavys, and the third being hunter kindred.

But due to how hard/expensive the rules for them are, I'm wondering if somone could tell me if they are worth investing into? Or am I better off with just more bodies?

Dow dark crusade has sparked my interest in the kroot/Knarloc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Aye, DoW has done the kroot justice I==M==HO.

Great Knarlocs are fantastic units in ==My== book. Great statline, fleet, and the lovely rending beak. I actually prefer the bolt throwers as they can't eat their handlers and get to shoot before getting stuck in. Explosive bolts make short work of most infantry and can be fired in the move, Kroot Guns are also an option (a poor one) for hitting hard targets. A normal Knarloc with goads works well too, mostly since the kroot can absorb shooting for the Knarloc until they get stuck in, then the Knarloc, any remaining kroot, and the eviscerator Shaper make short work of anything.

The only downside is not infiltrating, but that can be remedied by using your infiltrators to engage enemy shooters and block LoS for him. And if all else fails, he makes for a good fire magnet.

I love Knarlocs:wub:
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah so they can't infiltrate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Nope, but with fleet and other infiltrators tying up enemy shooters, it isn't an issue typically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do they still use the random chart rules?

I remember seeing a trail rules list which I'm sure is outdated now for them and it had a chart that randomized how they got hit.

IS that still in effect?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

I don't have the final rules ==Myself== (FW is too expensive :cry, but I did playtest the Knarloc from the beginning (I used it a couple times and e-mailed FW with results). I know the random table was done away with early on, they just use majority T and Mixed Armor rules.

But I'm definately considering picking one up with the rules, no matter the cost. How can you say no to a giant, ill-tempered space chicken?

+ Reply to Thread