Librarium Online Forums banner

1500pt tourney army (new)

446 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Cheredanine 
#1 ·
hey all i have decided that since the USF is no more i will take up a dire avenger army and here it is

HQ

Troops
10 dire avengers
shimmer shield/ power wepon
bladestorm
Wave Serpent
twin linked starcannons

10 dire avengers
shimmer shield?power wepon
bladestorm
wave serpent
twin linked starcannon

5 rangers

Elites
3 x wraith lords
wraith swords
bright lance

Fast Attack
8 warp spiders
exarch
dual spinners
power blades

I have a somme points left over and no sure what to do with them

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey hero, nice list but I think there are a few things that could improve it.

Firstly, spirit stones are a must on a transport, expecialy since they have made them extra armour rules now - that just makes them even more powerful for Eldar as they can never stop your transports moving withour imobilise or destroyed. IMO spirit stones/extra armour are a must have upgrade on all tanks since 4th edition.

9 man is a poor squad size for your spiders, if I were you I would either drop this to 8 or up it to 10, for Ld purposes even squad sizes are much better. Also, if you have extra points then the Warp Spiders could do with the withdraw ability, their furious charge type ability is also really cool for the points (the one that gives +2 attacks) now that they have assualt weapons rather than rapid fire. The wounds potential with 20 str 6 shots followed by 30 cc attacks is huge.

With exarch powers now affecting the whole squad for the most part, if you are taking an exarch it really makes sense to give them an exarch ability with the new points costs being the way they are.

#5 ·
hey all i have decided that since the USF is no more i will take up a dire avenger army and here it is

HQ
Fair enough although many people are drooling over the effect of a farseer with doom and guide combined with blade storm
Troops
10 dire avengers
shimmer shield/ power wepon
bladestorm
Wave Serpent
twin linked starcannons
as per others needs spirit stones
10 dire avengers
shimmer shield?power wepon
bladestorm
wave serpent
twin linked starcannon
Ditto, also I am inclined to put bright lances here and star cannon on the wraithlord, there is more certanty of taking out tanks with TL than 1 point higher BS, provided you dont move them too far to shoot, which given the range of the avenger shuricat should be a problem
5 rangers
Fine
Elites
3 x wraith lords
wraith swords
bright lance
HS, fair rnough ,you are covering eventualities by taking multiple, but would be tempted to replace one with a war walker squad for fire support
Fast Attack
8 warp spiders
exarch
dual spinners
power blades
needs powers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.