1500 Tyranid Army List (n00b) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Tyranid Army List (n00b)

This is the first list I've made I'm not sure if its any good ( i have only just started to play i have some idea of what to do but not much). A friend of mine told me nids need alot of units so i tried to get alot.

Mickeys List
    #########HQ##########
    Tyrant
    enhanced senses + Toxin Sacs + venom cannon + scything talons

Tyrant
    ehanced senses + wings + twin linked devourers + twin linked devourers + Warp Field.

Warriors
    scything talons + rending claws + leaping + extended carapace + Adrenal Glands (WS)

Warriors
    scything talons + rending claws + leaping + extended carapace + Adrenal Glands (WS)

Gaunts
    Hormaguants
    Hormaguants

Spine gaunts
    Spine gaunts

Genestealers

Zoanthorpe
    Synapse + warp blast

Zoanthorpe
    Synapse + warp blast

Carnifex
    bonded exoskeleton + enhanced senses + extended carapace + reinforced chitin + venom cannon + Barbed Strangler

11points left over

any comments would be appreciated thanks

Mickey Out

Edit by Grephaun: Posting specific point cost for individual figures/weapons/wargear as well as full lists of stats is a violation of Games Workshop's copyrights and of the Librarium Online forum rules. I have removed the offending information. Please read the forum rules and subforum FAQs before posting. Thank you.

Last edited by Bigelmickey; October 29th, 2006 at 09:17. Reason: So I Dont Get In Trouble :-p

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

First up: Remove the point costs from your biomorphs and the statlines of your models, or you're likely to get in trouble with the moderators.

HQ:
    I cringed when I saw your first Tyrant... the biomorphs are OK, but you should swap out the Scything Talons for a Barbed Strangler or Twin-Linked Devourers. Mixing ranged and CC is generally not a good idea for TMCs.

Your first Tyrant should also probably have at least two Tyrant Guards to soak wounds.

Elites:
    I'm not a big fan of warriors... they're typically too expensive for too little benefit. Genestealers and Raveners typically outperform them in CC, while TMCs definitely have them beat for ranged power. For Synapse coverage, I tend to prefer Zoanthropes (as they're cost effective and survivable models).

Troops:
    Spinegaunts get a thumbs-up. They're cheap fodder who are reasonably accurate (twin linked with decent BS). I'm not a fan of Hormagants, but since Gargoyles are now far too expensive to be worth using, I'm not going to protest their use. Good choice keeping them biomorph-free, though... Hormagaunts tend to draw a lot of fire on turn two.

Heavy Support:
    Zoanthropes with Synapse. Thumbs up. Warp Blast is fairly inaccurate, but I love it against MEQs. Even if it is small blast, it's great for mopping up if a squad of Marines actually finishes off one of your tar-pit squads.

Also, good choices on the Carnifex.

But please, please, please... remove all the point costs and statlines from your post before a Mod sees it and does it for you.

+ Reply to Thread