Having had an all apsect warrior swordwind army with the old codex, I have had to make a few changes to incorporate troops for the first time.

Comments appreciated on the following list.

HQ Farseer (with sp, wb, gh) with guide, doom, rowit and spirit stones

Troop 1 9 Dire Avengers + Exarch with two avenger catapaults and bladestorm
Troop 2 9 Dire Avengers + Exarch with power weapon and shimmershield

Transport 1 Wave Serpent with TL Scatter Lasers, spirit stones and vectored engines

Elite 7 Fire Dragons + Exarch with firepike and tank hunter

Transport 2 Wave Serpent with TL brightlances, spirit stones and vectored engines

Heavy Support 3 Shadow Weavers

This comes in at a fraction under 1000 points.

I could drop the Heavy Support and add some Jet Bikes. With the odd fiddle with units I could field a unit of 5 jet bikes (at least 4).

I also have painted up Scorpions, Banshees, Reapers and Spiders from my old aspect warrior army if people could use these in the list to good effect.

Farseer joins Troop 1 in Transport 1. Serpent softens up target, then disembarks unit. Farseer casts doom and guide with Exarch using bladestorm. Next turn the whole unit jumps back in the Serpent which moves elsewhere allowing them to reload.

Pros: 32 shots per turn, re-rolled misses and wounds Cons: only used once every two turns.

Troop 2 is used for annoyance factor, equipped to assault when required.

The Fire Dragons go in Transport 2. These go after enemy armour or high T units.

Shadow Weavers keep large enemy units in check with multiple barrage blasts.

The thought behind vectored engines is because the Serpents would always move more than 6" I want to prevent them becoming destroyed when immobilised.

Thanks for any and all advice and comments.