4E 1850 Tourney Half-Mechanized Rush List (No Comp) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

4E 1850 Tourney Half-Mechanized Rush List (No Comp)

HQ
    x1 Eldrad
    x1 Avatar

Elites
    x8 Harles w/ x8 Kiss, Seer
    x8 Harles w/ x7 Kiss, Seer

Troops
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC

Fast
    x5 Spears w/ Ex, Starlance, Skilled Rider, Withdraw
    x5 Spears w/ Ex, Starlance, Skilled Rider, Withdraw

Heavy
    x1 FP w/ SHC Upg., VE, HF, SS
    x1 FP w/ SHC Upg., VE, HF, SS

Total 1847pts
    HQ 19%
    Elite 22%
    Troops 12%
    Fast 26%
    Heavy 21%

Considerations
    Avatar: Just about this close to being ejected from the army in favour for a cheaper laserautarch, but considering how well he'll work while arriving on turn 3 or 4. Divination redeployment might be useful for the big guy. Might even just drop it to bulk up with a third harles unit.

3rd Heavy: Thinking about whether to fill this up with another FP, a Falcon (holding a 6 man squad of harles), or 3WW's with SLs, to be guided by Eldrad. Currently being empty, it is a waste of Eldar's extremely strong heavy selection.

Fireprisms: Both upgraded for versatility. I want them to be able to operate independantly, if necessary. Debatable, though.

Playstyle
    Should be fairly obvious, jetbikes ahead of spears to screen for assault, turboboosting and fortune on first turn, harles and avatar following on a flank. FPs mainly due to lack of significant anti-tank, as well as victory point denial due to near-impossibility of killing Eldar tanks in 4E.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I think the only part I'm not sure about are your HQs. I'm not convinced that the avatar has a place in a mechanised army like that - even the harlies will be getting away from him fairly quickly thanks to FoF, and I suspect his Inspiring rule isn't going to be able to help much in the army.

Same goes for Eldrad. What is he really there for? His special rules are handy, but you might be better off with either a dual farseer on bikes or farseer/autarch combo (and maybe get a small unit of warlocks to hold a quarter/objective with).

Other than that, it's quite similar to the list I've come up with (I'm more shooty than assaulty, though), so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Yeah, I am feeling very marginal about the avatar, as well. Hoping some people could bring up some pro/con points, so I posted this here. 6" a turn with no acceleration is a bit weak for mech rush.

As for Eldrad, I think he is really underpriced and invaluable. Let's say his worth is valued at his point cost (x) plus (y), representing what he's undercosted by. Considering he can cast three support powers a turn, you would need a hypothetical 3 farseers (impossible) to cover his role, but with Eldrad, you can even have a free HQ slot.

Looking at farseer on bike w/ standard support configuration is spear/witness/jetbike/fortune, and we will use him to sit behind a rushing unit to take advantage of IC rules. Two of them will already be about 250, in exchange for the mobility and extra singing spear shot per turn, we pay 40 points extra, and lose one psychic power per turn, as well as open up to the possbility of instant peril kill.

With the way the army is set up, I would want to be fortuning the two SS units and the avatar on the first turn (because if any of the jetbike units are fortuned, the other 2 will be targetted, so it's pointless through their identical nature). Of course, if I drop the avatar, then there's no problem at all to switch Eldrad to dual bikeseers, but I'm not sure it's worth it for the little extra assault power from the farseer - although wounding on 2+, and 4 attacks (presuming both charge), it's not really significant because of lack of power weapon status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Updated with revised army plan. Should be more competitive now. Considering switching the FPs with massed vibrocannons.

HQ
    x1 Eldrad

Elites
    x10 Harles w/ x10 Kiss, Troupe Master w/ Power, Seer

Troops
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC

Fast
    x5 Spears w/ Ex Star Lance, Withdraw

Heavy
    x1 Fire Prism w/ SHC Upg, VE/HF/SS
    x1 Fire Prism w/ SHC Upg, VE/HF/SS

1845 points used

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldrads gona get left behind where all his powers are gona be out of range. Swap him for farseers on bikes.

And you may wanna pad it out with some guardians, as you have very little bodies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Similar list without Eldrad. Two seers is slightly more expensive. Havn't played for too long, forgot that fortune has a limited range of 6". Revised slightly.

Not going to put guardians in the list, as they have no role at all in this army; as a weapons platform, they've gotten too unwieldly for effective use (10-man minsquad), and as it gets larger, the more inefficient.

HQ
    x1 Farseer w/ Spear, Jetbike, Witness, Fortune
    x1 Farseer w/ Spear, Jetbike, Witness, Fortune

Elites
    x10 Harles w/ x7 Kiss, Seer
    x10 Harles w/ x7 Kiss, Seer

Troops
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC
    x3 Jetbikes w/ SHC

Fast

Heavy
    x1 Fire Prism w/ VE/HF/SS
    x1 Fire Prism w/ VE/HF/SS

1845 points used
    Last edited by red120; November 6th, 2006 at 13:05.

+ Reply to Thread