Help me make my customized army work in new dex (long) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help me make my customized army work in new dex (long)

Ok all, I have a fully custom made army Ive had for 2+ years built around the exodite fluff. Basically I have in the past used rangers for troops and lots of jetbikes/shinging spears that are cold one mounted troopers. I also have hover chariots that are my vypers, and Stegadons I have green stuffed up armor on as prisms and falcons.

Anyways, I use to use either altaioc or sam-hainn rules for the army and it worked preatty dang well. With these new changes I think my army is going to be just that much better. For example my three man shining spear team that was 200+ points with the bright lance is going to rock now! minus the lance of course...but i like that change, they can actually hand-to-hand now.

Ok so what I have model wise:
    ALL COLD ONES ARE JET BIKES, ALL STEGADONs ARE TANKS

2 farseers with spears on cold ones

5 warlocks on cold ones 3 with spears and 2 that have destructor flames molded on them.

9 Guardians on cold ones (3 of them with shuriken cannons)

10 rangers (new ones painted up, i like them)

2 hover chariots (vypers) I magnetized their weapons so i have all options.
    - I took the anti grav platform for defensive weapons and its pulled by two cold ones.
    Modeled up with a driver and a gunner in a swivel gun sponson.

3 Shining spears exarch has a bright lance (i know i need to remodel him)

2 Stegadons with weapon sponson mounts. (can be fireprisms or falcons)

1 stegadon im building that has wraith guard "pods" built on the side to signify mounted wraithguard.

Questions: i dunno how many points that is anymore under the new rules. Also I think I want to add harlies since i have always loved them.

Any ideas on what I can do with what I have? or good conversion ideas to expand on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump, hoping for input, any kind!

I really just wanna know how many points what I have equates to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

You need to be carefull, basically the answer is buy the Codex.

In regards to the army in general, the use of cold ones as bikes/vypers and larger dinosaur models for Wraithliord, Avatar, war walker etc has been for many years the accepted way to build exodites, well done
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice reply.....jerk.

Of course I plan on buying the codex, but I know others have it now, and I was looking for a genralized opinion by those who have it of what I have now.

Such as you have roughly 1500pts in the new dex and shining spears are indeed viable now and not a point sink.

Nice way to try and burn my army too bro thanks, you having never seen it and know jack dittly about what I have done with the standard for years for making exodites. Many people I talk to playing the game havent even got a clue what exodites are since they are so old school it isnt even funny.

I guess Ill just need to post some screens, never have in the past cause im well....lazy.
    Last edited by orius_eldar; November 8th, 2006 at 20:38.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Be careful where you're walking, Cheradine is one of the most helpful posters here. He answered your questions, and praised your army. There was no attack against it, either you're trolling, or you misread his post.

The point is LO is now strictly enforcing their 'no copyright' policy that they have been lax on for a few weeks now. Cheradine did his best to answer your questions, and you attacked him.

This is what I can tell you, as this is what is on the web officially.

The creators of the new Codex tried to make everything a viable option, and most people think that they suceeded. Most things went DOWN in points.

Other than that, can't really help you, and with a reply like the one you gave Cheradine, I'm not quite sure that I want to.
    Gareth is the person I try to impress when I convert and paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, um...I cant troll my own post my friend...

and by all intents on the term aptly named trolling, you my friend are the troll. You brought nothing to the actual topic at hand, just had to come in here and slam me for what you believe is my "misinterpretation" of your good buddies reply.

sorry if I dont agree, but stating "congradulations on using dinosaurs as exodites which has been the standard for years...." DOES NOT sound like a complement.

you know what, never mind. Ill just go find another board.

I want my damn donation back now....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by orius_eldar View Post
    you know what, never mind. Ill just go find another board.

Why am I under the impression that you came from the GW boards, and have no clue how to respect those that are actually trying to give you positive advice?

You need the Codex. Simple as that. We're not here to cater to your impatience.

You know what? Screw it. You don't want to be here anyways, and we don't want your attitude. So just to take you up on your offer to find another board, I'm going to make sure you can't come crawling back to us.

Closed Thread