Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
i dont want any immortals, they are like 18 bucks for 1 guy. thats $90 for a small squad and i can get somthing way better for that mount of $$$ (well... i think).
I always like the 'Planet Fall' army list. 2 Monoliths, 1 lord and all the rest in warriors. Start with as much as possible in reserve and unload out of the monoliths. It's a bit of a one trick pony but it'd be very characterful (an unending stream of warriors out of the monolith- hey it's the cover of the codex!). Plus it would be a very different battle than the 'line up and machine gun each other' game that usually happens.
No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!
I suppose it depends on how large you want your list to be.
It's certainly not a crime to play without Immortals. Fortunately for us Necron players, we are compelled by the rules of the game to play with our best units: Warriors.
Moving away from Immortals, though, opens up a number of opportunities for some exciting and creative lists.
- You could have a huge, but slow-moving, all-Infantry column of Warriors supported in melee by Necron Lords and Tomb Spyders.
- You could have a balanced force of Infantry supported by Destroyers and Scarab Swarms.
- You could try the traditional Destroyer list, maximizing your speed and firepower.
- My personal favorite, you could run the "Psychological Warfare" list: the Deceiver, Pariahs, Flayed Ones, Destroyer Lord with Nightmare Shroud-Gaze of Flame, and Warriors.
- You could try the Monoliths-and-Warriors list as Paint Monkey suggested.
This should point you in the right direction. Of course, if you want something more specific, I would need to know what sort of game-size you're playing.
WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons
just make them beefier, and convert the gun to look like it can pump out 2 str 5 shots
eBay - necron immortals, Games, Toys Hobbies items on eBay.com