1500 PT. VS. Tau, Eldar, I.G., Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

1500 PT. VS. Tau, Eldar, I.G., Chaos

Please feel free to critique my 1500pt. list. I play mainly against Tau, Eldar, I.G., and Chaos. Here is what I have in available models:

1 Nightbringer
    1 Deceiver
    2 Necron Lords & 1 Destroyer Lord
    36 Warriors
    9 Scarabs
    6 Flayed Ones
    6 Pariahs
    5 Destroyers
    3 Wraiths
    3 Heavy Destroyers
    1 Tomb Spyder
    1 Monolith

H.Q.: Necron Lord w/ Res. Orb=140pts.

Troops: 3x12 Warriors=648pts.

Fast Attack: 3 Wraiths=123pts.
    9 Scarabs w/ D. Fields=144pts.
    5 Destroyers=250pts.

Heavy: 3 Heavy Destroyers=195pts.

Total=1500pts. 57 models Phase out at 12

I have not played my Necron army in a while as I have been building up my Tyranid and Chaos armies but I would like to get back into them. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well based oin the models you have, thats a good list. However i really dont like heavy destroyers, just not worth the points. So if you take out the 3 heavy destroyers and 2 warriors i think you'll be able to fit in the monolith and you will find that will erve you much better than the heavies will - especially against IG.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Exodus View Post
    Well based oin the models you have, thats a good list. However i really dont like heavy destroyers, just not worth the points. So if you take out the 3 heavy destroyers and 2 warriors i think you'll be able to fit in the monolith and you will find that will erve you much better than the heavies will - especially against IG.
    Against IG, maybe.

Against Tau, if you take the Monolith, you're just asking to get it killed by a 70 point model.

As it stands, the army isn't bad at all - I'd swap one or two of the Heavy Destroyers to throw those six Flayed Ones in, as against Tau and IG they should be a great unit to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm well is this a 5 way battle? If so the railhead or broadsides may have better things to shoot at. I mean sure a monolith poses a threat but if something is alot closer than they will shoot at that first. I guess its going to depend on deployment and table size etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Exodus View Post
    Hmm well is this a 5 way battle? If so the railhead or broadsides may have better things to shoot at. I mean sure a monolith poses a threat but if something is alot closer than they will shoot at that first. I guess its going to depend on deployment and table size etc etc.
    We usually play a 3 way battle or a 2on2 team game depending on how many people show up. We use a 6x4 table for 3 way games and an 8x4 table for teams. The reason the monolith is not in the list is the Tau. He always fields a railhead and a 3 man broadside team(twin-linked BS5 models?). I would like to include it but against the Tau it is guaranteed to be destroyed by 2nd turn maximum(Same reason I don't field my statured Chaos Lord against him). I was also considering the Flayed Ones. Do you recommend Deep strike or infiltrate? I have not had much luck with Deep striking them thus far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never deep strike flayed ones. That is just really bad. You are far better off infiltrating them. It also sounds like you only seem to be worried about the Tau. Plain and simply necron walk all over the Tau, so in games where you can afford to not worry about the Tau i would take that monolith otherwise stick with your other units

+ Reply to Thread