[400] Tau Patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

[400] Tau Patrol

Troops

[7] Fire Warriors
    [1] Shas'ui
    +Bonding Knife
    +Marker Drone
    =125 points

Elites

[1] Monat Crisis Suit
    +Team Leader upgrade
    +Plasma Rifle
    +Missile Pod
    +Targeting Array
    +Hard-Wired Multitracker
    =77 points

[1] Monat Crisis Suit
    +Team Leader upgrade
    +Plasma Rifle
    +Fusion Blaster
    +Targeting Array
    +Hard-Wired Multitracker
    =77 points

[4] Stealth Suits
    =120 points

Total Points: 399
    Total Models: 15

I could've added three more Fire Warriors instead of the Marker Drone, but I wanted to try it out... enemies will include, but are not limited to: Tau, Eldar, Space Marines, Tyranids.

Opinions? I'm using pretty much only models that I own, so changes will be limited to those, after I read 'em.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only issue I see is that the troops will not be moving as fast as the rest of your list and might get seperated or left behind. Maybe thats not a bad thing, I don't know, I can't remember the last time I played a patrol scenerio.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Otsego View Post
    The only issue I see is that the troops will not be moving as fast as the rest of your list and might get seperated or left behind. Maybe thats not a bad thing, I don't know, I can't remember the last time I played a patrol scenerio.
    On a 4 x 4 table, with a 12" deployment, it shouldn't be a problem. With their 30" range, and the longer range of the Markerlight, I don't plan on moving them often. They're more of my static fire support, while the other three units JSJ around and take out enemies.

Combat Patrol is based on how much stuff you kill, so I don't have to worry about taking objectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Troops

[7] Fire Warriors
    [1] Shas'ui
    +Bonding Knife
    +Marker Drone
    =125 points

Elites

[1] Monat Crisis Suit
    +Team Leader upgrade
    +Plasma Rifle
    +Missile Pod
    +Targeting Array
    +Hard-Wired Multitracker
    =77 points

[1] Monat Crisis Suit
    +Team Leader upgrade
    +Plasma Rifle
    +Fusion Blaster
    +Targeting Array
    +Hard-Wired Multitracker
    =77 points

[4] Stealth Suits
    =120 points

There are very few models in that list. 8 dead firewarriors would force you to take constant morale checks. I assume that the enemy would want to target the FW first. Maybe mount them in a devilfish by dropping the stealth suits.

Is this list made for taking on all races or just a couple? I see the low AP weapons on your crises suits but the stealth burst cannons are made for anti hoarde. Just wondering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Swiftwing View Post
    There are very few models in that list. 8 dead firewarriors would force you to take constant morale checks. I assume that the enemy would want to target the FW first. Maybe mount them in a devilfish by dropping the stealth suits.

Is this list made for taking on all races or just a couple? I see the low AP weapons on your crises suits but the stealth burst cannons are made for anti hoarde. Just wondering.
    All-comers. Again, I'll be paying mainly against Eldar, other Tau, and Space Marines, with an occasional 'Nid thrown in there.

My typical CP lists include a Warfish and a Crisis Suit, but I wanted to try something different this time around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Personally, I'd go back to the warfish.
    They are far more scary in combat patrols than firewarriors.
    The stealths are a pretty solid choice for CP, I'd try and keep them in if at all possible, but definatley go for the warfish.

If you want to try it out, then by all means, give it a shot, but a warfish, monat and stealth team will treat you much better in winning terms

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by minus_t View Post
    Personally, I'd go back to the warfish.
    They are far more scary in combat patrols than firewarriors.
    The stealths are a pretty solid choice for CP, I'd try and keep them in if at all possible, but definatley go for the warfish.

If you want to try it out, then by all means, give it a shot, but a warfish, monat and stealth team will treat you much better in winning terms

-t.
    Not when my opponents expect me to take the Warfish, and so grab 2-3 anti-tank weapons.

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Troops

[7] Fire Warriors
    [1] Shas'ui
    +Bonding Knife
    +Marker Drone
    =125 points
    I have no experience with the marker drone so please share your experience when you have tried it

Elites

[1] Monat Crisis Suit
    +Team Leader upgrade
    +Plasma Rifle
    +Missile Pod
    +Targeting Array
    +Hard-Wired Multitracker
    =77 points

[1] Monat Crisis Suit
    +Team Leader upgrade
    +Plasma Rifle
    +Fusion Blaster
    +Targeting Array
    +Hard-Wired Multitracker
    =77 points

[4] Stealth Suits
    =120 points

Nice suit selection I think that they will work great

I could've added three more Fire Warriors instead of the Marker Drone, but I wanted to try it out... enemies will include, but are not limited to: Tau, Eldar, Space Marines, Tyranids.

Opinions? I'm using pretty much only models that I own, so changes will be limited to those, after I read 'em.
    I'll say a nice list but I'm not sure about the marker drone being worth taken, but I haven't tried it myself so I can't really tell.

If you opponents expect a warfish then they will have some "wasted" points spend on anti-vehicle weapons.

But as I see it you'll be a bit screwed against tyranids if they choses the swarm you with a horde army you really nothing against hordes.

Against hordes I would recommend some more fire warriors simply to get more shots
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Arakiaz View Post
    I'll say a nice list but I'm not sure about the marker drone being worth taken, but I haven't tried it myself so I can't really tell.

If you opponents expect a warfish then they will have some "wasted" points spend on anti-vehicle weapons.

But as I see it you'll be a bit screwed against tyranids if they choses the swarm you with a horde army you really nothing against hordes.

Against hordes I would recommend some more fire warriors simply to get more shots
    Nothing against hordes?

Stealth Suits, Fire Warriors, and the Monat with the Missile Pod can all quite easily take down Tyranids, especially making them come to me. I can foresee more trouble vs. MEQ armies, to be honest, than against something like Tyranids. A couple more Fire Warriors aren't going to help against Tyranids, I wouldn't think.. at least, not enough to change the outcome of the game.

+ Reply to Thread