1500 points friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Ealing in Middlesex in London in England in Uk in Europe in North H'sphere in World in U'verse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points friendly

hi all,

ive just restarted necrons after 2 yaers playing fantasy empire, im very rusty and in bad need of advice.

thanks

HQ:

Nightbringer 360

Lord with warscythe, ressurection orb and phylactery 170

Fast Attack:

3 Destroyers 150

Troops:

10 Warriors 180

10 Warriors 180

10 Warriors 180

Heavy support:

Tomb Spyder 55

Monolith 235

I could hit exactly 1500 if i swappeed the spyder for another destroyer let me know if you think its worthit. otherwise they'll let me off being 5 points over

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking both the nightbringer and a monolith in a 1500pts game is bad. Your phase out must be incredibly low, as such thats usually a good indication you dont have much shooty power. You really need to drop that tomb spyder and get another destroyer, and then decide whether you want to lose the monolith or the nightbringer (i'd go nightbringer) and get 3-4 more destroyers and the rest in immortals if you can afford it. Immortals are great and if you stick them with a veil of darkness on your lord you are going to cause alot of havoc. If you cant fit at least 7 immortals in, you can afford to lose up to 8 warriors, but i wouldnt go any lower than that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

It's not a bad list, not at all, but it could use a little work. Even if it's only because it's concept seems all over the place. (Necrons are pretty free in terms of what to take, but the expensive nature of their units means you have to be 'pure' in your army's concept.) You may by rusty, but don't sell yourself short. Fantasy's not an easy game, after all.

Let's give your list a breakdown, shall we?

You picked the Nightbringer, and that's a good place to center your list around. A unit that expensive is going to be the center of one's list in any event.

Next up, the Lord. When you take the Nightbringer, all you need is to get him in combat and you're good to go, so all other units, more or less, need to be oriented around clearing the path for the Nightbringer. That said, the Lord does not need the Warscythe, because the Nightbringer does not really need the assist in combat. The Lord would be better served supporting the troops. The Orb is all he needs, so he can march alongside the Nightbringer.

Being the favored servants of the C'Tan, some Immortals are the logical choice here. They inspire enough fear on their own to divert some fire from the Nightbringer and take care of some incoming fire. A unit of them would help.

Thirty Warriors is good, more would be better, but thirty is a fine place to start. (10 Warriors per 500 points is a good guideline) No complaints there.

Three Destroyers is good, more would be better. They clear the way for the Nightbringer very well. I would pick up another unit of three.

I like the choice of Tomb Spyders. It's not a commonly seen unit, as they are expensive monetarily, but they are actually quite effective in close combat as support of the Warriors.

Finally, the Monolith. I love the Monolith, but not in this list, because you already have one extremely expensive unit, in the Nightbringer.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x2)

I would drop the monolith, warscythe, and phylactery and instead pick up 3 more destroyers (150) and use the rest in scarabs. Scarabs swarms are fantastic at charging up a flank, engaging weak shooty squads and thus blocking lines of sight. At just 12 points a base, you can get 30 wounds for just 120 points. That is some beautiful meat shield. I like the tomb spyder. When it hits combat with the nightbringer they'll finish off anything in close combat without much fuss.

+ Reply to Thread