1000 Point Eldar Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point Eldar Army

I used play an Ulthwe Army until the release of the new Codex in which they got rid of the special rules for the Craftworlds. I now need to make a new army list that fits the new rules. Even if I can't play special rules for Ulthwe, I still want to keep the Ulthwe look and feel for my army. This is my new list as I currently have it. Note the the guardians are no longer Black Guardians of Ulthwe. Suggestions on improvements are appreciated.

HQ:
    Farseer and Bodyguard: 235
    Farseer: Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stone, Doom, Guide
    Warlock: Enhance
    Warlock: Embolden
    Warlock: Destructor

Elites:
    Howling Banshees: 118
    Banshees (5)
    Exarch: Executioner

Troops:
    Guardian Defenders: 161
    Guardians (11)
    Brightlance
    Warlock: Singing Spear, Conceal
    Guardian Defenders: 161
    Guardians (11)
    Brightlance
    Warlock: Singing Spear, Conceal

Heavy Support:
    Dark Reapers: 140
    Reapers (4)
    Falcon: 185
    Starcannon, Holo-field, Spirit Stone

Total: 1000

HQ: 235 pts. (23.5%)
    Elites: 118 pts. (18.8%)
    Troops: 322 pts. (32.2%)
    Fast Attack: 0 pts.
    Heavy Support: 325 pts. (32.5%)

Models:
    Infantry: 36
    Vehicles: 1

Once again, I'd appreciate any suggestions or constructive criticism.
    Thanks.

"What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."
    - Farseer Eldrad Ulthran of Craftworld Ulthwe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

WIth only one vehicle its going to be targeted by every anti tank weapon the enemy has, drop the falcon to max out the banshees and add another dark reaper.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good suggestion, Thanks

I'll keep that in mind, but I'm a little worried about the fact that I'll be left with almost nothing to destroy enemy vehicles... But I guess I do still have the brightlances.

What do you think about adding a third guardian squad in place of the Falcon?
    "What do Humans know of our pain? We have sung songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x5)

Guardians are okay, if yu want more anti tank, go with fire dragons or vypers with brightlances.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

You need to do a purpose check on most of your units.

Exactly what are you execting your mini seer council to do? You have put A LOT of points into it, but it doesent seem like they are fit for any role at all, nothing that the farseer wouldnt do better as an IC anyway.

Your banshees... what on earth are they doing? How are you expecting them to get to your enemy? Anf IF they ever make it, what can the survivors of the squad do? Banshees are useless withou wave serpents, and should never ever be taken without a transport. Consider a harlequin squad instead if you are inclined to avoid vehicles in your army.

The guardian squads are perfect.

The reapers are... what? You basically only take reaper squads to get their ultra shooty exarch of doom, 4 GI reapers are basically worthless if you ever happen to face a non-MEQ army.

What are you planning to do with that falcon? Why doesent it have a shuriken cannon? And really, reconsider the starcannon, scatterlasers are a better weapon against anything but terminators, and you already have a banshee squad in your list. Save points, gain firepower, get a scatterlaser.
    Last edited by Sareld; November 17th, 2006 at 02:43. Reason: Spelling.. and more spelling. I should get some sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Whats wrong with his lone falcon? it is near immortal and in 1k points he shouldn't be expecting to much anti-tank.

Banshees are ok in a 6 man squad since you have a falcon. I field that myself. Admittedely they are better maxed out in a wave serpent but that would cost to much for this army and force you to drop the falcon.

The guardians look good, I think 1 should have a missile launcher instead of a bright lance.

I think you should drop your warlock squad altogether and leave your farseer with only guide. runes of witnessing are risky as they dramatically increase the chance he will kill himself with PoW.

With those spare points I think some pathfinders would be good. That or some fast attack (of your choice).

EDIT: Reapers worthless? why the hell would he want an exarch here? tempest launcher isn't that great and he doesn't need the fast shooting missile launcher. Plain reapers are great, especially since you can get 2 for the price of 1 exarch. I'd prefer 2 reaper launchers over a crack tempest launcher.
    Last edited by LordLink; November 17th, 2006 at 03:07.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    EDIT: Reapers worthless? why the hell would he want an exarch here? tempest launcher isn't that great and he doesn't need the fast shooting missile launcher. Plain reapers are great, especially since you can get 2 for the price of 1 exarch. I'd prefer 2 reaper launchers over a crack tempest launcher.
    The tempest launcher is a waste of space in the eldar codex, I can agree to that. But the thing that make reapers great is that fast shooting EML that the exarch can get. It damages vehicles and MCs, it breaks marine saves, and it allows you to template GEQs. Basic reapers are not 'worthless', that was an exaggeration from my side, but their abilities are rather specialized, even by eldar standards, and without the exarch you can easily get in a situation where the basic reaper launchers are less than good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Yeah I like the fast shooting missile launcher as well but he doesn't really need it in this list. I guess he could use it then swap his lances to shuriken cannons.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sareld View Post
    Exactly what are you execting your mini seer council to do? You have put A LOT of points into it, but it doesent seem like they are fit for any role at all, nothing that the farseer wouldnt do better as an IC anyway.
    I was planning on using it as assault squad now that warlocks and farseers have witchblades standard. I was going to keep it back by my guardians so that it could cast guide on them or the reapers, and use doom to help my units thin the enemy ranks. I was then going to assault when the enemy was in range. But I am definately willing to consider any suggestions of how to shave points off the squad, or what might be better tactics to use with them.
    After all, thats why I started this thread in the first place.

As for the Banshees, I was planning on placing them in the Falcon as transportation to the enemy, the main problem with this is that they still have to sit for a turn before charging.
    If you think that my points would be better spent elsewhere, I could always lose the banshees in favor of a Dark Reaper Exarch, more defenders, or possibly a storm guardian squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion_062 View Post
    I was going to keep it back by my guardians so that it could cast guide on them or the reapers, and use doom to help my units thin the enemy ranks.
    Umm, just how far do you think the farseer can stretch? 30inches is the actual figure(the max distance you can have between whatever you're guiding and the squad you're dooming)

And banshees won't do crap in cc with only a squad of 5, therefore i would max them out, put them in a wave serpent and have a farseer with doom join them.

Drop the spirit stones on the farseer and doom(-45)
    Add a farseer with doom (+80)
    Drop the Warlocks(-105)
    Drop the Falcon(-185), add 5 more banshees. (+80)
    Get Wave Serpent with twin linked Bright Lances and spirit stones 145
    Replace a guardian bright lance with a scatter laser(-15)
    Upgrade a dark reaper to an exarch with eldar missile launcher and fast shot (+42)

TOTAL: 997 pts

EDIT: For those last three points you can upgrade your doom farseer's weapon to a singing spear and be able to pop out your wave serpent and slag a tank.
    Last edited by hsin_dragon; November 18th, 2006 at 01:51.
    Kai Shin Craftworld (Biel Tan / Ulthwe) 5000 pts
    Emperor's Children 2000 pts
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast